DeMatteis' Moonshadow; If you haven't read it yet here's your chance

euroq

Superhero
Reaction score
I know I could have posted this at DC forum since this is Vertigo book but then probably lots of cool folks would have missed this. ;)

I can wholeheartedly recommend this book, it's a nice mixture of sci-fi and fantasy adventure but most importantly it's about the secrets of the human heart. Beautiful story with gorgeous watercolor art, buy it and read it if you haven't yet. :)

------------------------------------------------------------

THE COMPLEAT MOONSHADOW TP
Written by J.M. DeMatteis; art and painted wraparound cover by Jon J Muth

Offered again in a new printing, a single paperback volume collecting both the original run of MOONSHADOW and its sequel, FAREWELL MOONSHADOW. Journey from the farther reaches of outer space to the starry skies of the inner spirit as the young dreamer Moonshadow and his cynical alien companion Ira set forth on the unforgettable intergalactic odyssey that science-fiction great Ray Bradbury called "beautiful, original, haunting." MATURE READERS

July 14th - 464 pages - $39.95

compleatmoonshadow-tpb.jpg

I was so excited to see this on the DC solicits last month because I heard a lot of great things about it and it's been out of print for some time.....then I saw the price :(

Yeah but it's worth it - 12 original issues and Farewell Moonshadow, 464 pages of greatness. :)

Yeah, it's one of the BEST things I have ever read....

And I read it when it was originally released by Epic/Marvel.

It was years ahead of its time.
J.M. DeMatteis' best writings, in my opinion.

:)

Only one month wait, start saving kids.

40 bucks seems pricey, but i suppose ill put it on my list of tpbs to buy eventually:o

Originally posted by CantThinkOfAName
40 bucks seems pricey, but i suppose ill put it on my list of tpbs to buy eventually:o

It's one of the best ones out there.

fine, ill put it high on the list:mad:

hopefully, ill get to it soon, i dont wanna forget about it. But theres a ****load of trades im looking out for:(

I'll probably end up getting it. There doesn't seem to be than many TPBs coming out in July anyways :)

Although the number of TPBs I bought this month has been crazy :(

What's this about? I love this guy on Abadazad...is this as good?

im sure it is. Dematties is one kickass writer:up:

It's one of his best writings ever.

:cool:

Wow, a good comment from Ray Bradbury! I'll get when I have enough money...

Originally posted by Mr. Fear
Wow, a good comment from Ray Bradbury! I'll get when I have enough money...

I have the original Marvel/Epic TPB of MoonShadow, as well as the 12 original comics from 1985/86.

It's one of the most beautiful human stories put to paper.

well, a good comment from themanofbat certainly beats out a ray bradbury comment:rolleyes:

:p

well, a good comment from themanofbat certainly beats out a ray bradbury comment:rolleyes:

:p

You said a mouthful.... :up:

;)

Sounds good. Not as good as a mouthfull though. :(

I'll pick it up. :)

You know, I don't see this book in the shipping lists for this week....:(

Yeah, I saw it, but I got Animal Man instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"