Developer GEARBOX say M$ and SONY to eventually join forces???

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2864&Itemid=2&limit=1&limitstart=0

I still hold onto my prediction from a couple years back that, eventually, Sony will be licensing the video game operating system software from Microsoft. Perhaps Sony’s experiences with their new online initiative will actually make that difficult-to-imagine step a little easier… If Microsoft can ever figure out how to gain traction and trust as a gaming platform in Japan, I believe that the two companies will rapidly desire to become partners instead of competitors. It sounds counter to expectations at first because we are so caught up in the competition, but I assure you that I could explain why the concept of an eventual partnership between Sony and Microsoft has merit.

Notice he says 'If Microsoft can ever figure out how to gain traction and trust as a gaming platform in Japan' :p

XwolverineX said:
It will NEVER happen. :o
Thanks a lot for the amazing revelation, doofus.

I think Gearbox should just shut up and make Half-Life: Opposing Force 2.

Because the world really needs another Half-Life mod

Addendum said:
Because the world really needs another Half-Life mod
It's an "Expansion Pack" first of all, and second, it would be awesome. Opposing Force had a better style of action than the Half-Life games, with a "bigger is better" mentality, and it had better squad dynamics than Half-Life 2.

I'd rather a couple more mods for Deus Ex come out instead

Addendum said:
I'd rather a couple more mods for Deus Ex come out instead
Oh, me too man, me too. Did you ever play "Burden of 80 Proof"? That was a hilarious, well made mod. It's a bit complicated in some areas but overall it's an easy going adventure game with great gamer-humor.

I downloaded Burden of 80 Proof, but it wouldn't start up.

I'm now playing through Deus Ex again, since I stupidly saved over my complete game when I played some mod.

That's odd. For me, that was the easiest mod for me to ever get running. :(

WhatsHisFace said:
Thanks a lot for the amazing revelation, doofus.

I think Gearbox should just shut up and make Half-Life: Opposing Force 2.

THEY'RE TOO BUSY MAKING THE KICKASS 'BROTHERS IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY'. :o:up:

THWIP* said:
THEY'RE TOO BUSY MAKING THE KICKASS 'BROTHERS IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY'. :o:up:
I'm trying to read that, but all I can see is "World War 2 shooter # 423753982." :(

WhatsHisFace said:
I'm trying to read that, but all I can see is "World War 2 shooter # 423753982." :(

THIS FRANCHISE IS AT THE TOP OF THE HEAP, THOUGH.......AND THE NEXT-GEN ITERATION IS LOOKING AMAZING.

WhatsHisFace said:
Oh, me too man, me too.

I'd kill for a Deus Ex mod running on Source. That would rock so hard. :up:

THWIP* said:
THIS FRANCHISE IS AT THE TOP OF THE HEAP, THOUGH.......AND THE NEXT-GEN ITERATION IS LOOKING AMAZING.
As if it could even compare to COD, or Medal of honour Pacific assault.

lars573 said:
As if it could even compare to COD, or Medal of honour Pacific assault.

YOU'RE RIGHT.......THERE IS NO COMPARISON. THE GAMEPLAY WAS A LITTLE TOO TEDIOUS FOR ME IN THE FIRST 'B.I.A.' GAME, BUT I'M STILL WILLING TO ADMIT IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE BEST WWII GAME FRANCHISE TO DATE. 'MOH' HAS SUCKED ASS SINCE 'FRONTLINE', AND 'COD' IS JUST A GREAT WWII FPS. 'B.I.A.' IS AS CLOSE TO "BEING THERE", AS ANYTHING THAT'S BEEN DONE.

WhatsHisFace said:
Medal of Honor is crapulence.
Only the shovelware current-gen console versions that EA has a hard-on for shoving down our throats. The first 2 for PS1 were good shooters, in 1998. Frontline and Rising sun were crap. The assualts for PC were/are great. Allied assualt (5 years ago)=great. Pacific assault=great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"