Diane Lane is Hillary Clinton in Upcoming NBC Miniseries

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/nbc...ring-diane-lane-rosemarys-baby-tommyknockers/
At the top of NBC‘s TCA presentation, entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt announced that it has put in development four event series/miniseres as part of its push in the arena. They include 4-hour miniseries Hillary, about Hillary Clinton to star Diane Lane. Oscar nominee Courtney Hunt (Frozen River) will script the project which recounts Clinton’s life as a wife, mother, politician and cabinet member from 1998 to the present as she goes from First Lady to US Senator and then Secretary of State. Asked whether the mini would approach Clinton as a great tough woman or a controversial figure, Greenblatt said, “it’s going to be all of those things.” Clinton is “not going to be involved at all” in the project and “I don’t know if she’s aware of it,” he said. “If I were her, I can’t imagine she’d have anything to say about it yet… We literally just closed the deal and maybe she’ll have a point of view about it. I don’t think she’ll endorse it.” Sherryl Clark of Busted Shark will executive produce the mini with James D. Stern (Looper). Hillary joins Rodham, a feature about Clinton’s 20s that has been in the works.
Not 100% sure I can picture Lane in the role, but I think she might end up being a better fit that whoever they pick for the planned film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"