Did anyone ever see THIS TMNT Show???

"Prepare for mega modefication!" What is that supposed to mean? :confused:

I'd be interested in checking out that Anime series, it had a pretty crazy premise, but the turtles looked like a cross between them and Batman, which I think is slick. :D

I've seen it. It's worse than Fast Foward. I've also seen the Japanese version of a live action Spider-man series where Spider-man summons a megazord in battle. Some shows just shouldn't be meddled with by Japan. Though I do like the Japanese version of the Power Puff Girls.

Funny! The base designs looked the same from the old USA cartoon.

Hot damn, it's like all the worst parts of the '80s cartoon and every DBZ-style action anime put together. :o

so true. they were the turtles and then they changed them into a different cartoon.

thats saint mutation looks like he changed into angemon or something your right bullets

when in the hell did the turtles meet the power rangers.

ohh it was in next mutation that s**t doesnt count

The cgi promo reel was pretty good. It was just the basic building blocks to get the ideas across but you could tell it would have been pretty good.

The Turtles looked really stocky and awkward in the CGI thing, but otherwise it looked all right. I wasn't down with that "mega-modeification" thing, though.

Why do all the cartoons from japan have to have zords and transformations:huh:

did that ever air over here or was it only in Japan?

The last couple of seasons of the '80s cartoon, yeah. They got doused with more ooze and started turning into bigger mutants for short periods--usually right when they conveniently needed a little extra strength to get out of a jam. They also met a dude named Carter who could transform into a big mutant guy roughly comparable to the turtles' more advanced mutations.

The time covered by that intro sucked. Mikey had to use a stupid grappling hook because some ******s decided that nunchucks were "too violent." :(

The time covered by that intro sucked. Mikey had to use a stupid grappling hook because some ******s decided that nunchucks were "too violent." :(
pretty lame considering Leo's swords looked a lot more violent and dangerous.

I think there were reports of kids knocking themselves senseless and/or fracturing bones with nunchucks at the time. Which, really, is more a problem of parents being ******s or neglecting their kids than anything to do with the Ninja Turtles cartoon, but governments love to censor junk "for the children." :o

I also found this. I never even knew about this. It looks good to me...I'm sure they would have improved on the effects if it got picked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmrLh6QFvB0

So was this before or after the 2003 series started? Cause there is a load of stuff in that promo that made it into the 2003 series.

I'm guessing 'they' didn't like the whole CGI idea but went for it in traditional animation instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"