The Dark Knight Did Spoilers Spoil Your Experience?

CRABBAH HUK!

Civilian
Reaction score
I thought I had done a decent job avoiding MAJOR spoilers for this film, especially regarding the fate of certain individuals and the end of the movie. I did however immerse myself into minor spoilers concerning the plot and many of the details (such as Ferry boats, magic pencils and memorable quotes). I had never been so hype over a movie before in my life, and spent a great deal of free time prowling the web for news, info and coverage. My wife probably wondered about my sanity.

The people I saw the film with were not as obsessed as I was and therefore did not know what to expect at all. EVERYTHING was a surprise for them, meanwhile, much of what I was seeing I had already read. I have to admit, I was jealous of my friends. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I will never know how much I would have really loved it had I not exposed myself to so much of it beforehand. I did have fun crashing the boards and reading as much as I did, while I was doing it...but am not sure if the trade off was worth it.

Any one else feel the same way? Any one else wish they knew next to nothing going into the theater? Or was the little tidbits of info all part of the fun leading up to the grand finale?

It was my own damn fault admittedly, and I have learned from my mistakes. For part 3...you can find me in the non-spoiler forum.

In a way I admit, they did a little bit, I found all of them on accident on these forums, I still loved the film more than anything, but the spoilers did kinda ruin it a tiny bit.

Nope, I'm the kind of person who can find out all sorts about a flick but it doesn't spoil it for me.

to be fair i was in the non spoiler forums for the last month or so before it came out but i already had read about most of the stuff prior to that.

i still enjoyed the film, but well.. i dunno when u hype yourself up so much, it almost feels wierd if the film is different to how u imagined it when reading about it.

i will probably watch it again but right now.. i just cant be assed. not to say i didnt enjoy the film, but i know what u mean lol

See, the thing is, even with all of the spoilers, alot of them were fake.

I heard that the movie opened with a junkie being pulled over and had been injected with fear toxin, and that it ended with Harley Quinn entering Mistah J's cell and saying, "Hi, I'm Dr. Quinzel".

so no not really.

I tried to stay in the Non-Spoilers section, but certain things I couldnt hold back on, I had to look.

I heard that the movie opened with a junkie being pulled over and had been injected with fear toxin, and that it ended with Harley Quinn entering Mistah J's cell and saying, "Hi, I'm Dr. Quinzel".

so no not really.

Where did you hear those rumors? LOL those are awful

I fought the tremendous temptation and went into the movie spoiler free & man was it awesome!

so no not really.

I will say that fake spoilers did help balance things out a bit...because then you get to be suprised by what you don't see.

the only spoiler that got me was when i read the eckhart interview and he said his fiance dies...and i was like uhhh does he mean rachel? so in that scene i was like...meh ***** is dead rofl rofl

A teeny bit. I do wish I had come across the pencil trick fresh and without any knowledge of what was going to happen - but it was still amazing to see. Unfortunately though I was a glutton for reading any reviews I could get my hands on, and some dude gave that away in his article. :cmad:

But, all in all there was so much we still didn't know about the movie that there were still plenty of surprises in store.

I'm with you. I tried to only read the minor ones such as locations used, etc.

I was definitely a little let down. But I've only seen it once and need to see it again, in IMAX.

I tried to avoid spoilers, so I left this board around the start of 2007 and never posted again until after I'd seen the film!!!

I had bits and pieces spoiled for me, like the leak of Joker as a nurse and cop. And also saw the leak images of the copycat Batmen. Then there was Eckhart saying Rachel died in an interview!!! And IMDB also posted on their news pages (!!!!) about Joker in a bodybag, so I thought that they had spoilt the end until I remembered Joker in what looked like a bin bag from the December trailer.

Luckily, there will still enough twists and turns in the film to keep me guessing, but I do wish that I had known even less than I did.

Oh, and since England got the film a whole WEEK after America, I had to avoid every single film site on the internet - that was painful.

I would say a tiny bit as well...

The ferry boat plot was in one of the forums but took this as a guess of the plot. So I saw that and went, "Oh yeah..."

The 12 clips that was released like days before the movie spolied it too. The scenes came up in the film and I went, "I saw this already."

The only thing that truly bugged me was the fate of Two-Face which was not a spoiler. I can see why they ended it the way they did but still a bummer.

Finally, someone hyped the final scene with Gordon but the score was so loud, it drowned it out for me. So it was anti-climactic. Serves me right for going to a big theater. I went to a smaller one and the sound was better (lower) and I heard it. AWESOME!

The next film, I am avoiding all spoilers. It'll be hard but I'm going to do it.

Unfortunately because of the non-use of spoiler tags by some people I knew that Dent would die and Joker would live. Luckily I didn't know how and I didn't know of any other major spoilers than the pencil trick. So Joker dressed as a copp without make-up, Gordon "dying," the whole Mr. Reese subplot, the ferries, etc. were surprises for me.

I'm glad of that and I didn't know how it ended and seeing how Two-Face died made up for what I had assumed would've been disappointment.

P.S. I read the interview where Eckhart acidentally revealed that Rachel died, but I wouldn't really call it a spoiler because as soon as BB ended in 2005 I said "Rachel is going to be Bruce's link to normalcy and Joker is going to kill her to get to him like when he paralyzed Barbara Gordon" and when it came out she was involved with Harvey I already knew that was coming before it was "spoiled."

To be honest, i did kinda want to see a Dr. Quinzel cameo in the movie.

but that's just cause i'd have more to rant about.

but i'm kinda glad they didn't, cause then i'd want to see them in another movie.

Ever since reading the comic version of The Phantom Menace and discovering how Darth Maul would die, I have sworn off most things beyond any trailers or interviews for most movies. I especially avoided everything but the trailers for this movie.

I will say that even knowing the truck was going to flip, somehow I had forgotten about it. When the Joker says he missed and having Batman zip under it and around the poles, the whole thing together was freakin awesome. Loved too how the music went quiet as it flips so you can hear the truck and then the music picks back up again.

It didn't spoil it for me at all.

My friend asked me why I was even bothering to see it after all the spoilers I ploughed through. My retort was that just because I've seen a beautiful woman naked does not mean that I don't want to sex em.

j/k

:D But ya get my point? :)

:/

Neither do I :o

It didn't spoil it for me at all.

My friend asked me why I was even bothering to see it after all the spoilers I ploughed through. My retort was that just because I've seen a beautiful woman naked does not mean that I don't want to sex em.

j/k

:D But ya get my point? :)

:/

Neither do I :o
haha, that's amazing Eggyman!!

I avoided spoilers like the plague. I was lucky though, I was on the SPOILER forum for up to 2 months prior to the movie's release. However, I did turn off avys, sigs and pictures at that time. After that I went on a Batman fast of sorts, like Ramadhan or something! :D

Anyway, midnight showing at IMAX was one of the best times I've ever had.

I definitely spoiled myself.

I knew Joker survived, I knew Rachel died, I knew Two-Face died. I know about the ferries, I knew about Harvey and Rachel in different buildings wired to blow, I knew about almost everything... The placement and delivery were the biggest shocks to me... I was excited/thrilled in the delivery, but I knew way more than I should have. I just couldn't stop myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"