The Dark Knight How much will you spoil yourself?

Only the plot outline. I spoiled myself a bit too much with BB.

Borat said:
Only the plot outline. I spoiled myself a bit too much with BB.

I cannot understand the mentality of people are end up killing the very thing they love. In this case, ruining the experience of a movie by desperately reading and seeing every single thing about it BEFORE the film comes out -- and then wondering why they didn't enjoy it very much when they actually see it.

I actually had the "BB" script on my computer for ONE YEAR before the film came out. I (ahem) found it online, downloaded it, read the first page of the PDF file and confirmed, "Yep, this looks authentic..."

...and then I zipped up the file and didn't touch it again, until one year later, after I'd seen the film.

Discipline, guys -- you can do it. Spoiling yourself is simply foolish; you'd enjoy a movie infinitely more if you could see it as "cold" as possible.

-- Admiral Nelson

I'm 50/50 I want to know some of the movie but now all of it.

completely spoil myself. because in a few years I won't remember much about it

Read my sig.

That'll answer your question.

And although I hate spoilers, I ruined X3, SR, and I am currently ruining Spidey 3 for myself. NOT TDK!

AdmNelson said:
I cannot understand the mentality of people are end up killing the very thing they love. In this case, ruining the experience of a movie by desperately reading and seeing every single thing about it BEFORE the film comes out -- and then wondering why they didn't enjoy it very much when they actually see it.

I actually had the "BB" script on my computer for ONE YEAR before the film came out. I (ahem) found it online, downloaded it, read the first page of the PDF file and confirmed, "Yep, this looks authentic..."

...and then I zipped up the file and didn't touch it again, until one year later, after I'd seen the film.

Discipline, guys -- you can do it. Spoiling yourself is simply foolish; you'd enjoy a movie infinitely more if you could see it as "cold" as possible.

-- Admiral Nelson

I agree 100%. I too, found the script to BB. It wasn't hard, but I think it was frowned on if you posted a link to it on these boards. Anyways, I knew the major spoilers in the movie, and the cool scenes before I saw the movie. I didn't read the script though, no way.
A movie is supposed to be seen, not read. I'll just say that anyone that watched every doc, saw every photo, every trailer, read the script, and comes out disappointed should know why.

Everything. It won't really spoil the film for me because I'd watch a good film over and over again. Many films in fact get better after time - BB was exactly that way, so I expect the sequel to be the same.

I want to know the plot outline, but nothing major.

every single thing.
But this won't really spoil the enjoyment of the movie, imo.

I want to know specific plot points, but not everything.

I'm a sucker for spoilers. If anything, they make me anticipate the movie even more.

I'll watch the trailer, nothing much more than that. There is a possibility that heavy spoilers may occur in this forum, I will try and avoid those spoilers.

Steelsheen said:
you know what i couldnt figure out? people who whine about spoilers but keep hanging around the spoiler forum.

Most people who complain like that are complaining that someone mis led them to know something that wasn't as big as they thought.

I asked someone once to tell me about Bruce Wayne Murderer/Fugitive and they told me who set up Batman. That kind of thing.

I'd like to know the basic outline but not spoil too much...tough balance. It's far too tempting to read everything.

I want to know next to nothing. I was spoiled rotten before X3 and my moviegoing experience was not nearly as exciting because of it. Then, I saw SR knowing nothing and had much more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"