Differences between Movie and Show verses

Willowhugger

Civilian
Reaction score
I view the events through the lens of the two things happening in similiar but not entirely the same universes. Sort of like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie and television show. Something very SIMILIAR happened in the movies but not something exact.

It's just as well since movie continuity isn't exactly perfect either. There's a Blood God called La Magra that's presumably tied to vampire origins and a 1st Vampire called Dagon and never once do the two meet.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the show contradicts the 3rd movie and goes back to Varnae being the first vampire since they have a house called House Cthon.

Here's a list of all the things that are different I've detected.

* The pure-blood vampires killed in the original Blade movie weren't THE Vampire Council but solely the leaders of House Erebus in a single city. Granted, this city is New York and thus that's probably a huge coup anyway.

* Whistler dragged Blade out of a Tatoo parlor instead of off the streets.

* Blade can turn people with his bite and thus is a vampire in everything but his lack of traditional weaknesses (oddly, Blade is technically a Pureblood)

* Blade's father cared for him the majority of his early years.

* The big and obvious difference in the fact that Daystar didn't eliminate all vampires. Either the drug had a limited lifespan and died out before it spread across the globe, vampires found a cure/vacinnation, or there was a flaw in using Dracula.

(Pure speculation on my end is Dagon isn't the 1st vampire but simply a very old one---this is because you'd think there'd be more mention if he slaughtered the eldest of all vampires. Thus, the Daystar serum only effected vampires of his lineage)

* Blade is significantly less powerful than before and must use intelligence far more readily versus pure attacks. Blade also has less grandiose toys and instead relies on cunning.

* Blade is more merciful and human. He is less motivated by vampire genocide than before and is willing to work with some or let them live if they aren't a threat to humans. Possibly as a side effect of his friendship with one of the hunters in Blade 2.

* Blade's vampire curing serum is ineffective the more you drink fresh blood. This is inconsistent with Whistler's curing and one must assume either Whistler was a partial vampire like Blade or the cure was only effective against Frost's lineage of House Erebus.

* Blade is less feared by vampires and treated less mythically. This may be more the product of the fact that Deacon Frost was a sorcerer with an obsession with myth while the third movies vampires have a similiar focus on the past.

Willowhugger said:
I view the events through the lens of the two things happening in similiar but not entirely the same universes. Sort of like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie and television show. Something very SIMILIAR happened in the movies but not something exact.

It's just as well since movie continuity isn't exactly perfect either. There's a Blood God called La Magra that's presumably tied to vampire origins and a 1st Vampire called Dagon and never once do the two meet.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the show contradicts the 3rd movie and goes back to Varnae being the first vampire since they have a house called House Cthon.

Here's a list of all the things that are different I've detected.

* The pure-blood vampires killed in the original Blade movie weren't THE Vampire Council but solely the leaders of House Erebus in a single city. Granted, this city is New York and thus that's probably a huge coup anyway.

Point.

* Whistler dragged Blade out of a Tatoo parlor instead of off the streets.

Whistler didn't drag Blade out of the Parlor, Eric (Blade) left of his own accord. It has been suggested here that Whistler found Blade later on after he turned the Bad Bloods

* Blade can turn people with his bite and thus is a vampire in everything but his lack of traditional weaknesses (oddly, Blade is technically a Pureblood)

The movies never contradicted this. It could be argued that after Blade drank from Karen she cured herself again.

* Blade's father cared for him the majority of his early years.

Again, movies never contradicted

* The big and obvious difference in the fact that Daystar didn't eliminate all vampires. Either the drug had a limited lifespan and died out before it spread across the globe, vampires found a cure/vacinnation, or there was a flaw in using Dracula.

They mentioned specifically in the movie that Daystar would only work in the immediate vicinity, ie. the building where Blade fought Drake.

(Pure speculation on my end is Dagon isn't the 1st vampire but simply a very old one---this is because you'd think there'd be more mention if he slaughtered the eldest of all vampires. Thus, the Daystar serum only effected vampires of his lineage)

* Blade is significantly less powerful than before and must use intelligence far more readily versus pure attacks. Blade also has less grandiose toys and instead relies on cunning.

Yeah, I agree. They vastly depowered Blade for "Good TV".

* Blade is more merciful and human. He is less motivated by vampire genocide than before and is willing to work with some or let them live if they aren't a threat to humans. Possibly as a side effect of his friendship with one of the hunters in Blade 2.

He does seem to be more human, though still an ass hole.

* Blade's vampire curing serum is ineffective the more you drink fresh blood. This is inconsistent with Whistler's curing and one must assume either Whistler was a partial vampire like Blade or the cure was only effective against Frost's lineage of House Erebus.

Whistler never really drank the blood. He was just dumped into a vat of it. And the blood may not have been fresh, or even human.

* Blade is less feared by vampires and treated less mythically. This may be more the product of the fact that Deacon Frost was a sorcerer with an obsession with myth while the third movies vampires have a similiar focus on the past.

The vampires still fear him, noting that h is one of the few things that can kill him. But I wish they showed it more like in Blade 1 at the Bloodrave

I like pie :o

Wasn't Blade turned by Deacon Frost? I don't believe he was a pureblood....

Lack of power is mostly explained by the budget :-) Less money to hire actors, and props aren't as good. But as others have said this is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think that Whistler was kept alive in a tank. Blood was pumped into him. krista's mom had fed a few times in normal vampire fashion. That was supposed to be the difference. Blood isn't so much the issue, as having fed on humans.

Willowhugger said:

quote]

Wasn't Blade turned by Deacon Frost? I don't believe he was a pureblood....
Technically no. His mom was when he was in her womb. Blade can not be cured because he is not infected by the vampire virus. It is apart of his DNA. He was born with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"