Different big casting ideas discussions. First off, Galactus

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
here are some random people I think might be appropriate.

whaddya think?

Jean Reno
Ben Kingsley
Max Von Sydow
Omar Sharif
Robert Duvall
Malcolm McDowell
Anthony Hopkins

I don't think any of those picks are bad. Of those I possibly like Max Von Sydow the best as Galactus.

Sean Connery is the logical candidate. No one can really deliver a voice like him. If they go the CGI route with Galactus, I believe Connery would be ideal. If not Connery, then one person who has a good voice is possibly Dennis Haysbert.

I don't know if they're going with an actor or CGI version of Galactus. For a CGI version, I like the idea of going with Anthony Hopkins. Other actors that might be considered are Clancy Brown, Peter Weller or Vladamir Kulich. All of those guys would have great voices for the big guy.

Funny thing, I couldn't find any decent face shots of Galactus online if they went the actor route so I had to scan one:

Galactus.jpg

Philly Phanboy said:
I don't know if they're going with an actor or CGI version of Galactus. For a CGI version, I like the idea of going with Anthony Hopkins. Other actors that might be considered are Clancy Brown, Peter Weller or Vladamir Kulich. All of those guys would have great voices for the big guy.

Funny thing, I couldn't find any decent face shots of Galactus online if they went the actor route so I had to scan one:

Galactus.jpg

I can't see Weller doing it, but I like your choices of Kulich and Brown. A lot.

Clancy Brown or LAnce Henrikksen - someone with a deep resonating voice

Vladimir Kulich that big viking guy from 13th warrior?

If so he'd make a great Thor

deDIKnight said:

You know, people always come back to Kulich and Thor. It's such a sad shame that Kulich is too old to play Thor, because there really is no one else who can give off that royal bad ass vibe and presence ala Kulich's performance in The 13th Warrior. Vladimir Kulich is actually pretty cool. His only real knock is that it is doubtful anyone would give the guy a chance in Hollywood to be Thor. If you ever get a chance to meet the guy, do so. He's really passionate about his work, and really cool.

You can even check out his web site some time. Definitely has a polished site.

I think Kulich definitely has the resonating voice to give life to Galactus. I've been campaigning for Sean Connery, but now I'm starting to get into the idea of Kulich as Galactus. Of course, Brown isn't a bad idea, either.

It is a shame that we do not live in times other than these and didn't have the technology or ability to make a Thor movie years ago. Kulich definitely would have been the front-runner. Ironically, even though he is older, he is still a prime favorite for the illustration and portrayal of the God of Thunder.

I don't get the Sean Connery suggestion. Has he ever done a role where he wasn't Scottish sounding?

And whats wrong about a scotsman eating planets?

SCOTS WAHEY!!!!

LMAO

But if your going to go for a Brit IAN MCKELLAN has a fantastic voice

American/CAnadian
Clancy or LAnce Henrikssen has that voice the part requires - MAybe Michael Ironside too

Originally Posted by deDIKnight

You know, people always come back to Kulich and Thor. It's such a sad shame that Kulich is too old to play Thor, because there really is no one else who can give off that royal bad ass vibe and presence ala Kulich's performance in The 13th Warrior. Vladimir Kulich is actually pretty cool. His only real knock is that it is doubtful anyone would give the guy a chance in Hollywood to be Thor. If you ever get a chance to meet the guy, do so. He's really passionate about his work, and really cool.
You can even check out his web site some time. Definitely has a polished site.

I think Kulich definitely has the resonating voice to give life to Galactus. I've been campaigning for Sean Connery, but now I'm starting to get into the idea of Kulich as Galactus. Of course, Brown isn't a bad idea, either.

It is a shame that we do not live in times other than these and didn't have the technology or ability to make a Thor movie years ago. Kulich definitely would have been the front-runner. Ironically, even though he is older, he is still a prime favorite for the illustration and portrayal of the God of Thunder.

Yes it is a shame 13th Warrior is one of my favourite films and kulich made that film - especially with his heroic death

But I do believe Viggo Mortenson or Brad Pitt (look at him with the long hair in Troy and legends of the fall) could play Thor Very Well

And Viggo has said he'd like to do a Fantasy/mythical film again

He has pedigree - can handle himself in a fight scene and might even bulk up for the role

But isnt he too short?

If Dolph Lundgren had the acting range of Viggo, Brad or Vladimir - he could pull it off

I'd rather see a Thor film get made than Captain bloody America

Anyway back to GAlactus - Kulich, Brown or Ironside have a good face and voiceto play a CGIed Galactus

BT18 said:
I don't get the Sean Connery suggestion. Has he ever done a role where he wasn't Scottish sounding?

Actually, he did do The Hunt For Red October wherein he played a Russian. He also performed an Irish accent in The Untouchables which actually won him an Oscar.

The deal with Connery is that you WANT him to use a Scottish voice. The Scotch people have a very captivating voice which resonates and has a very majestic appeal to it with somewhat of a raw edge. The voice draws you in. When you have Sean Connery as your actor, you are getting the voice, the persona, and the skillset that he brings.

dpm07 said:
Actually, he did do The Hunt For Red October wherein he played a Russian. He also performed an Irish accent in The Untouchables which actually won him an Oscar.

The deal with Connery is that you WANT him to use a Scottish voice. The Scotch people have a very captivating voice which resonates and has a very majestic appeal to it with somewhat of a raw edge. The voice draws you in. When you have Sean Connery as your actor, you are getting the voice, the persona, and the skillset that he brings.

But you don't want a scottish accent for an otherworldly being.

BT18 said:
But you don't want a scottish accent for an otherworldly being.

There will be some accent no matter what you do. Even if it is just the standard mid-west American non-accent. If you are going to do something big like Galactus (pun intended), then you need a larger than life performer to illustrate it. Connery is this.

However, that said, I definitely am starting to be pulled in the direction of Kulich, or Brown.

Sorry this is not to cause offence but its something that English and Americans get wrong all the time and really niggles me

Its not Scotch - Its Scots or Scottish

The only similarity between us and the Alcoholic beverage Scotch is
If you abuse either too much - things turn nasty

LMAO

But yer right - a Scots accent is indeed a powerful one - But if you want a scots accent without the custom Shlur that Connery bring to his Edinburr
There are other scots actors with wonderful voices

BRIAN (Xmen2, Troy) COX for one - (Dundonian)

Nicol Williamson (Merlin from Excalibur, Cogliostro from Spawn) dunno if he's still alive tho

But Big Clancy Brown is Great - so s kulich

Michael Ironside Too has a tremendous voice

Philly Phanboy said:

Galactus.jpg

Anthony Hopkins...:up:

Ah, but Galactus is a god. With the right delivery, the role of Galactus = instant oscar nomination

Galactus needs to be younger since he'd be signing a 3 film deal w/Marvel & Fox which is mandatory. I think the worst casting was Magneto in XMEN. Yeah the guy is a great actor but he looks like a fragile old fart. Ian MCKellan is a good guy and I like his work but Magneto...Thank God X2 was awesome enough to cover up there was no real villain. X3 needs to have huge obstacles that it'll take the entire XMEN team to overcome and defeat like multiple major villains and the Sentinels.

blades_shades said:
Galactus needs to be younger since he'd be signing a 3 film deal w/Marvel & Fox which is mandatory. I think the worst casting was Magneto in XMEN. Yeah the guy is a great actor but he looks like a fragile old fart. Ian MCKellan is a good guy and I like his work but Magneto...Thank God X2 was awesome enough to cover up there was no real villain. X3 needs to have huge obstacles that it'll take the entire XMEN team to overcome and defeat like multiple major villains and the Sentinels.

This is only your opinion. It is not true.

I'd definitely support Kulich as Galactus. Brilliant choice.

dpm07 said:
This is only your opinion. It is not true.

Thanks for the response like I don't know what opinions are but the fact is Marvel signs everyone on for 3 picture deals if they're in a lead role. Everyone. Tom Jane, Eric Bana, etc...The only ones that got away with it because it was a team picture was Halle Berry who had an insigificant role compared to professor x, or Logan. WTF was the point of your post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"