Digimon Live-Action Movie

@Spidermatrix

Garbage Pale Kids got a movie.

Goodburger skit from All That got a movie.

SNL skits got movies.

Super Mario Bros got a movie.

None of them lend themselves to feature length live action.

Last edited:
So the idea is that stupid enough people with a stupid enough idea and an absolutely bafflingly stupid script can accomplish anything?

The third season that had the characters as rogue a.i. programs left over from military computer systems created in the cold war, using quantum technology to materialize in the real world was actually a nifty idea.

So the idea is that stupid enough people with a stupid enough idea and an absolutely bafflingly stupid script can accomplish anything?

How many times have we seen crap like that?

Pokemon wouldn't work as well in live action, in fact the best stories are not in the anime but in the manga Pokemon Adventures.
Sincerelly, kids going to the digi world and exploring should be the basis for the movie, it worked for Narnia and it think the rest of the movie diferentiates itself enought from narnia.
Making the monsters could be a bit more difficult but if done right youd have the next family summer blockbuster

Pokemon wouldn't work as well in live action, in fact the best stories are not in the anime but in the manga Pokemon Adventures.
Sincerelly, kids going to the digi world and exploring should be the basis for the movie, it worked for Narnia and it think the rest of the movie diferentiates itself enought from narnia.
Making the monsters could be a bit more difficult but if done right youd have the next family summer blockbuster

The fact that a live action Pokemon movie would most likely suck means nothing to Hollywood.

Of the two properties, Pokemon is the most likely to get made.

Everybody and their mama knows Pokemon and Pikachu. An average person sees little anime monsters and thinks "Pokemon".

Ever since Dragonball Evolution failed, I think Hollywood is more cautious when approaching anime/manga related stuff... isn't the American version of Death Note in production for ages...

Ever since Dragonball Evolution failed, I think Hollywood is more cautious when approaching anime/manga related stuff... isn't the American version of Death Note in production for ages...
It is, i'm still waiting for them to say any news about that:whatever:
If they adapted season 1 and the 1st story arc with devimon how should they make the intro for the characters? How different should it be from the 1st episodes?
Any of you has ideas?

If they adapted season 1 and the 1st story arc with devimon how should they make the intro for the characters? How different should it be from the 1st episodes?
Any of you has ideas?

I think they should introduce the characters the same way they did in the show, through the summer camp and snow stuff. That is, AFTER they do the "bombing" scene. I want it to look spectacular.

I think they should introduce the characters the same way they did in the show, through the summer camp and snow stuff. That is, AFTER they do the "bombing" scene. I want it to look spectacular.
What bombing scenned?:huh:

The beginning Greymon and Parrotmon attack at Hightenview Terrace. You know, the one everybody refers to as the "Terrorist Bombings"?
That would be better if explained and shoun in a sequel.
I don't think that story could be all told in the introduction

Digimon would make a better movie, but Digimon will only get the greenlight after a successful Pokemon movie.
Sad and true.
The first Digimon Movie sucked, but the TV shows up through the fourth generation were not that bad though. I don't mind an original story with a totally different group of Digidestine on their own quest, no rehash of any prior seasons.
Are you talking about the English dub Digimon movie that was actually 3 good japanies movies butchered and melded into one crap English dub movie?
Any of you has ideas?
I don't think they should do a season 1 remake. If they did they'd either have too many characters or they'd have to cut some and that would annoy me.

I think Season 3 with it's 3 main characters and it's real world locations would work better for a first movie. It would also be a lot cheeper than having to make jungles with random road signs from seasons 1&2 or showing the crazy sky from Season 3. The Story for Season 3 wasn't really cut into arcs as much as the first two seasons so they'd need to make a new story probably.

If the first movie was a success the sequal could take the characters to the DigiWorld. Just think of how excited people would get if they were looking forward to the 2nd movie and saw some shots of the DigiWorld!

That would be better if explained and shoun in a sequel.
I don't think that story could be all told in the introduction

If done like it was in the first movie, I think it's completely within the realm of possibility to explain that story in the intro.

I think Season 3 with it's 3 main characters and it's real world locations would work better for a first movie. It would also be a lot cheeper than having to make jungles with random road signs from seasons 1&2 or showing the crazy sky from Season 3. The Story for Season 3 wasn't really cut into arcs as much as the first two seasons so they'd need to make a new story probably.

If the first movie was a success the sequal could take the characters to the DigiWorld. Just think of how excited people would get if they were looking forward to the 2nd movie and saw some shots of the DigiWorld!

This is an interesting idea. Have the season three characters be the catalyst for why the Digital World is bleeding into the real one. Then we could either have the terrorist bombing incident be the way it originally happened, or possibly be the climactic fight with the third season characters.

Think about it this way; Tikato creates Guilmon by accident/sets him loose from the Digital World, they fight in the real world with hints and quick glimpses of the Digital, the movie ends with a massive battle at Hightenview Terrace at night where the first season's characters are the only ones to see the monsters. Movie two takes the first season characters to the digital world and we follow the first season's story. Movie three is the internet attack.

Sad and true.Are you talking about the English dub Digimon movie that was actually 3 good japanies movies butchered and melded into one crap English dub movie?
I don't think they should do a season 1 remake. If they did they'd either have too many characters or they'd have to cut some and that would annoy me.

I also toughtabout that before but i tought the first film being in the digi world could make it look more interesting:oldrazz:
Yet, i say use the 3rd generation, i actually prefered the main character of the 3rd generation than tai

This is an interesting idea. Have the season three characters be the catalyst for why the Digital World is bleeding into the real one. Then we could either have the terrorist bombing incident be the way it originally happened, or possibly be the climactic fight with the third season characters.

Think about it this way; Tikato creates Guilmon by accident/sets him loose from the Digital World, they fight in the real world with hints and quick glimpses of the Digital, the movie ends with a massive battle at Hightenview Terrace at night where the first season's characters are the only ones to see the monsters. Movie two takes the first season characters to the digital world and we follow the first season's story. Movie three is the internet attack.
You really liked those movies didn't you?:cwink:

I think they could do the first movie around the first arc of S1 of Digimon. And if it was successful basically end it with the Kari arc.

I think they could do the first movie around the first arc of S1 of Digimon. And if it was successful basically end it with the Kari arc.
My original idea, but maybe the 3rd season could work better

By the way, call it myotismon arc, i went to google images to try to remember who was kari and i found some bizarre images of her:csad:

I've praying every night for a Digimon movie. Its on my list of scripts I wanna write. Personally I think it should be focused on the first season with Tai and the gang, but use elements of the Tamers season in explaining their creation. I feel as though it should be with an all Japanese cast, but that's just me. I'd love to see J.J. Abrams, Peter Jackson, or Del Toro take this.

First movie: Starts off with Highton View Terrace Greymon and Parrotmon battle flashback Show a young Tai watching it and then show government officials coming to clean the mess in which they label a terrorist attack. Most folks didn't really witness the battle and those who have have been silenced by the government, one of them being Tai. He grows up with his memories of the incident repressed and lives a normal life (he's had frequent check ins at a mental institute but he no longer has to go). At summer camp, Tai and the gang get drifted off into the Digital World where they meet with Genai who tells them of their destiny as the DigiDestined. They travel around the world and do battle with various monsters on their journey to defeat the evil Devimon. TK and Angemon (with the combined efforts of the team of course) defeat Devimon. In the end they're given the choice to return back to the Real World or stay and continue to fight in the DigiWorld. They go with the latter and the film ends with them beginning their battle against Devimon's master Myotismon.

Second movie: The movie opens up with the kids still in the DigiWorld and hunting down Myotismon. They find him and discover his plan to escape into the Real World with an army of Digimon in search of the 8th Digidestined child. Myotismon gets a headstart, leaving the kids behind but they finally find a way out back home with their Digimon. While the first film was about the kids in the Digiworld, this one would be about the Digimon in the Real World and the effects of it. It could be a whole city under siege/Transformers 3 type thing, and we can learn more about the Digital World and the origins of the Digimon (possibly using the same methods from Tamers with the Monster Makers). Have the kids learn about the next stage of Digivolution which will cause Tai to push Agumon into becoming SkullGreymon. The film can end with them defeating Myotismon and recruiting Kari to the team and learning about the Dark Masters that are trying to destroy the Digital World at the behest of a creature known as Apocalypsemon.

Third movie: Basically the battle to end all battles. The Digidestined enter back into the devastated DigiWorld and learn to digivolve to the next level to defeat the Dark Masters and save the DigiWorld. It would be like the final Harry Potter movie of this trilogy.

I think that the 1st movie should be able to act as a stand alone while gennai shouldn't appear right in the beginning as i would like to seem them at fist completelly lost in the digiworld

I think this could be interesting to see something like this before the end of the movie
[YT]u8adtlQRGxs[/YT]
[YT]kMj5vVXFqzE[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"