Dimension Films Plans The Man From Nowhere

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87863

Source: Dimension Films
March 8, 2012

Dimension Films announced today that they have acquired the rights to the English-language remake of The Man From Nowhere. The original South Korean action thriller was 2010s highest-grossing film at the Korean box office, surpassing blockbusters such as Inception and Iron Man 2.

"We have always been huge action and martial arts fans and are getting back into the genre in a big way with 'The Man From Nowhere,'" said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company. "It's a slick, fast-paced action thriller anchored by a strong emotional relationship that audiences are going to love."

Dimension has tapped Shawn Christensen (Abduction) to pen the script. The original film follows a quiet pawnshop keeper with a violent past who takes on a drug- and organ-trafficking ring to save the child who is his only friend.

"I am excited and honored to work alongside Bob and the team at Dimension," said Christensen. "I'm a huge fan of the original 'The Man From Nowhere,' and look forward to bringing it to American audiences.”
The original is cool with some great action, but nothing huge so they should be able to retain the R rating. I think this is a remake that can evolve the original as far as the friendship between the kid and the man from nowhere is concerned, as I felt it was a little underdeveloped.

Trailer for the original:

[YT]9Z_CwCRp_sA[/YT]

Will it star Liam Neeson...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"