Disney's Mary Poppins Returns

I think it would be cool to have an organization of magical nannies like Poppins.

Julia Andrews can make a cameo as head nanny now

STAHP!

Disney will milk everything they have in their vault's.

Hathaway or bust.

You're just mad That Darn Cat: The Revengeance isn't being fast tracked.

No, please not another Mary Poppins. After seeing Saving Mr. Banks, I REALLY appreciate the original. And I feel like making another goes directly against what the author wanted.

If it looks good, I'll see it though. I just feel like the original is best left alone. And there are other properties I'd rather see Disney tackle than a Poppins sequel.

I would say put it in modern day so we can see the juxtaposition of current day kids dealing with an ambiguously centuries old supernatural nanny.

I've never felt compelled to see the original.

I might have expected this ten years ago, but I thought Disney was above this type of crap now?

While a Mary Poppins films done with today's resources could be interesting, and i would rather see that than rip-offs suchs as Nanny McPhee, i wonder how you can do something that is as charming, interesting and well made as the original.

Disney realy is going back to their old films and trying to reinvent them, though i honestly think there is more potential with some of their least known stuff, The Black Cauldron and Dragonslayer have some untaped potential in fact.

But with films like Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, etc. you have stories that were already done perfectly.

Wasn't impressed by Cinderella either, the remake simply expanded upon things that didn't need to be expanded, and did so in the most cliché way possible, didn't have the courage to change things in order to accomodate to their new vision and decided to cast beautiful people in roles that are supposed to be ugly.

I kinda wish Disney would just find someone like Kevin Feige or Kathleen Kennedy, so that the quality of their products could be a bit more consistent.

No, please not another Mary Poppins. After seeing Saving Mr. Banks, I REALLY appreciate the original. And I feel like making another goes directly against what the author wanted.

If it looks good, I'll see it though. I just feel like the original is best left alone. And there are other properties I'd rather see Disney tackle than a Poppins sequel.

Didn't the writer write plenty of Mary Poppins books though? From what i remember, Disney only took adapted some of them for their film. Anyway, the original film already went against the wished of the writer.

Amy Adams indeed, she killed it in Enchanted.

How would they do it, that AA is Mary Poppins or another nanny? I just feel for actors/actresses taking on such iconic roles in updated sequels.

Honestly, i would love Julia Andrews to be the definitive Mary Poppins and as the predecessor

Oh, I take it back. I would prefer Amy to Anne here.

Amy would be a great shout, she can definitely sing too but I think they'll want to go younger.

Forget those two, give me Emily Blunt. She's already English, and has that look that says "don't **** with me, because I have Tetsuo-level telekinetic powers you little ****s."

I don't really see the point in this. But Amy Adams would certainly be a good casting.

Origin story! The Nannies are umbrella wielding (acid rain) warriors that are sent to protect the last remaining children in some post apocalyptic world. At the end of the movie poppins time travels to the past... Heck I don't think iv even seen the original.

Disney exec - "What else have we got in the can that we can repackage?"

If Julie Andrews vocals weren't kaput, they should've just used her. I know they talked about doing a sequel shortly after the original but it never got off the ground.

If Julie Andrews vocals weren't kaput, they should've just used her. I know they talked about doing a sequel shortly after the original but it never got off the ground.

Dick Van Dyke is still alive and still active.

DVD is going to live to the age of 150.

Stupid bastard doctors....*wring hands in anger*

This sounds like a sequel set decades after the original (the author did write several MP stories/books after all). That right away makes it different from some of the other live-action films that Disney is doing (which are essentially "reimaginings" of their animated ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"