Inhumans "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" - Inhumans' third episode (Use Spoiler tags)

Reaction score
Divide and Conquer” – After fleeing their home, The Inhumans desperately search for each other in the wake of Maximus’ coup. Now they must learn who they can trust on Earth, on an all-new episode of “Marvel’s Inhumans,” airing on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

Director: Chris Fisher
Writer: Rick Cleveland

http://screenrant.com/inhumans-episodes-3-4-summaries-images/

Last edited:
Me to. Kind of boring for her not to have it.........all things considered.

This was not a bad episode, actually more interesting than the first two. Still some problems but there was some incremental improvement. I liked Mortis as a character.

3 episodes in and I still want Maximus to remain king...and heck...he might as well kill the villainous and really stupid royal family. They rule because they can...and protect their rule with a caste system that is destroying their society...and that is really ALL we know about them. They didn't bother to build these characters before tearing them down. They just assumed that e would care about these characters because their faces are on the ads.

Crystal could have killed our hero...but chose to run instead (because that is working out so well for everyone else). The tyrannical moron Black Bolt just kept giving dumb looks to the camera. Half the team is powerless due to budget issues. The only people worse than the royal family are the police...who intentionally caused a riot in their own holding facility. Then there is the small army who chose to go to war against strangers in support of a stranger. It's all just...I hate almost everyone I'm supposed to like.

It's Marvel...I'll keep watching...but this is truly awful.

that guy "we served in Korengal"

so does that somehow gets you pumped up to help a stranger in a life/death situation against equally powerful villains? Such terrible acting in that scene.

3 episodes in and I still want Maximus to remain king...and heck...he might as well kill the villainous and really stupid royal family. They rule because they can...and protect their rule with a caste system that is destroying their society...and that is really ALL we know about them. They didn't bother to build these characters before tearing them down. They just assumed that e would care about these characters because their faces are on the ads.

Crystal could have killed our hero...but chose to run instead (because that is working out so well for everyone else). The tyrannical moron Black Bolt just kept giving dumb looks to the camera. Half the team is powerless due to budget issues. The only people worse than the royal family are the police...who intentionally caused a riot in their own holding facility. Then there is the small army who chose to go to war against strangers in support of a stranger. It's all just...I hate almost everyone I'm supposed to like.

It's Marvel...I'll keep watching...but this is truly awful.

My advice is don't watch. Let the show be canceled. It sends a message to Marvel that they can't keep turning out terrible shows and expect decent ratings in return.

You get some better power displays and the first decent/good choreographed fight, Black Bolt against the prison guards.

Still a "so bad, it's hilarious" kind of show with not just unlikable characters but characters who are unlikable because the writing seems adamant on making a joke of their traits.

iam liking it. if i can point to one flaw is that is moving faster than it deserves too. but its eight episodes at about 40 min.

agreed the maximus character is the most interesting. who can argue with getting rid of a cast system. he also seems to have a number of inhumans on side, do they believe their privilege is unjust also?

in the real world Trump and ferage in britain pointed to alot of unfairness for the ordinary man. if they will do anything to address them remains to be seen, i presume that is were they are going with maximus.

It wasn't bad, I liked that Crystal finally went against Maximus, moved out from Attilan to find her family. I was Also expecting almost zero action, and that didn't happen.

The random human characters though... Why do these made up for TV characters should exist like in the Gifted? Also the acting of kid Black Bolt is so bad lol. But I didn't cringe compare to a weak episode of Aos. Though I still can't get over that most inhumans except for a few ones, can't wear an outfit that isn't a shade of gray.

Who is Mortice? Is he the key to something?

This ep was definitely better because [BLACKOUT]Black Bolt and Medusa finally got the chance to show what they can do[/BLACKOUT]. I have to admit, I like last ep's [BLACKOUT]Medusa telling Black Bolt she will find him when it's usually the other way around[/BLACKOUT], and then she followed through this ep. YES! I wonder if where Karnak ended up [BLACKOUT]has a lot to do with how his [BLACKOUT]brain damage[/BLACKOUT] will be cured[/BLACKOUT].:woot:

This is just going to be a show you can't think too much about and just let the things happen because nothing really makes any sense. I mean why are the powered Inhumans even following Maximus? They are in a position of power and his coup would undo the status quo which keeps them there. No reason given or even a hint at this point.

These Inhumans seem to have rather silly powers

We have someone who is able to clear trees in a forest.

And Mortice just seems like Cyclops with his optic blasts, except that no-one told him he could just have a visor instead of a full face mask.

The third episode was actually really decent. This show is starting to become cheesy fun. I liked the scenes in which the Inhumans used their powers and Karnak no longer being able to trust his power is an interesting subplot.

This is just going to be a show you can't think too much about and just let the things happen because nothing really makes any sense. I mean why are the powered Inhumans even following Maximus? They are in a position of power and his coup would undo the status quo which keeps them there. No reason given or even a hint at this point.

Didn't Maximus say something about Attilan being overcrowded and they needed Earth's space and/or resources? If so, then we should assume the other plotters agree with him.

One other thing: I liked how Mortis was played up as this terrifying threat but when he talked he mostly just sounded like a bratty teen. :funny:

Better that the first two episodes.

One other thing: I liked how Mortis was played up as this terrifying threat but when he talked he mostly just sounded like a bratty teen. :funny:

I pretty much feel the same about Maximus' entire strike team.

The one with the earth powers reminded me of Rogue in Dofp and Alma Coin.

Sadly b/c I will want to see how they tie in to SHIELD (which we all know they will) and b/c I have a habit of seeing bad shows through to the bitter end (Think Heroes or Sarah Connor Chronicles), I will ride this trainwreck to the end. 3h in, and we got to only see Triton for a scant second, and yet he is the reason they are where they are. Medusa is shown in the logo with her hair and yet it was gone early on in Ep1. Unless she can get Inhuman extensions, or she has some super-accelerated growth rate, it would take years to grow back. Very underwhelming so far. I'd like some flashbacks to explain the city in Puerto Rico from SHIELD, and why they left it. Maybe talk of Maveth etc too.

Timberius would probably have made more sense for that, given that he's one of the main followers of Maximus.

As much as I'd love to see the Inhuman C-Team (Stellior, Nubulo, Aerio, etc.), they haven't exactly had much traction in years. My hope is they come back in the comics first.

This episode had much better pacing and action. I think that alone helped because it was less reliant on dialogue so less exposition (still a bit at the end when that Inhuman guy said why he was helping, but it was a nice character moment that wasn't overly forced). I'm kind of amused at the idea of a car following a helicopter next episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"