Sequels Do they continue with inter-hero spats?

Rock Sexton

Superhero
Reaction score
Part of what made The Avengers film so great was the motley crew nature of them all being together. Whedon was able to dedicate time to character building in that regard. Is it overkill though to feature anymore similar head-butting in the sequels?

I ask this because the "what if this guy fought that guy" is part of the geeking out aspect of what people saw in the first film ..... but to repeat it might be borderline unoriginal. Can you keep using the same recipe over and over again, especially when there's never any overt conclusion to the fights?

I'd say that's inevitable. Tony Stark doesn't play well with others. The Hulk is... the Hulk. Yeah.

I'm sure there will be some of the 'spats' but I don't see all out in-fighting unless its the hulk with someone else. I think that underlying simmer that is the fact that no one likes each other should definitely be present.

While we might not get a Thor/IM/Cap triple threat match like The Avengers, I think whedon can get across at the potential and keep the suspense there that this team can blow up at any time even in the midst of a potentially catastrophic global/galactic disaster.

The Avengers have been at each other's throats (quite literally) for decades. There's no reason to suspect they won't continue to do so in Avenger sequels.

The Avengers have been at each other's throats (quite literally) for decades. There's no reason to suspect they won't continue to do so in Avenger sequels.

I realize that's so in comic books. Film is a different medium though. They tend to keep the ideas fresh instead of rehashing old concepts .... so it had me wondering if they'd go that route again.

I realize that's so in comic books. Film is a different medium though. They tend to keep the ideas fresh instead of rehashing old concepts .... so it had me wondering if they'd go that route again.

It clearly worked in the movie, too. Audiences have fun watching these guys knock each other around, and getting all prima donna and ego-tripping on each other. As long as they coalesce as a team when it's crunch time.

Inter-hero spats are part of Marvel's major draw. Of course they should continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"