Do we really want a remake of this?

EagleVision

Man - Myth - Legend
Reaction score
Growing up, I loved the TMNT, had the figures, did the moves, the whole nine. I watched all the old movies, set my clock for the Saturday morning episodes, and all that jazz. But am I ready for a remake? Uh...........what do you guys think? Should we keep the Turtles in the past or bring 'em back to raise shell for a new generation?

Well first off this isn't a remake it's a continuation of the past movies like what "Superman Returns" was for the "Superman" franchise. And I welcome this new movie.

Considering that it's not a remake... I say bring it on. Besides that, we have a chance here to get a version of the Turtles that's a LOT closer to the original concept than the '80s cartoon or '90s movies ever accomplished. Were they fun? Sure! But it's been years since the last movie came out and we're due for something new. And hopefully... something awesome.

...but aren't we also glad that Batman can be serious as well as goofy? (Ka-POW!) :p Or should people have thought twice about making even more Batman movies with a different tone?

I dont mind a new TMNT movie. It's been like 15 years since we had a good TMNT movie. I hope this one is good or even better than the first.

Well here's a question, is anyone else pissed that they aren't doing this in the totally awesome style of the first movies? I mean come on! CG?!!? Thats good for stories like Ice-Age or Over the Hedge, but these are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! What made the first movie so great was that it was so very realistic, dark and awesome. CG just has no place here!
The first movie was a kids movie, but it was definitely a serious movie that had a dark veil to it, if they do it CG its gonna look like a kids show, and thats what the cartoons were for.

I do wish it was live action. The Jim Henson-designed outfits were FANTASTIC. They were expressive, believable, and allowed the actors inside to move with relative ease.

The CG doesnt bother me.
Personally, I believe the people involved with the 1990 film did a tremendous job bringing to life a more-faithful-to-the-source live action TMNT movie. But I believe trying to improve upon the film with another live action film version would have been a mistake. And for several reasons. Again, I very much enjoyed what the live action versions of the Turtles presented, but I believe CG may just give this series a breath of fresh air. As well as being able to do present fights/situations to the viewer that may have been too costly for live action.

I don't mind them going animated this time around.

I was a huge fan back in the day, I got into the comics a little while back and started watching the new show. The comics are good and the new show is 100 times better then the old one. I have got the old series dvds 6 volumes now I believe. But the old show is terrible, for its time and being geared towards kids I loved it but now.... The first season and probably the second were pretty good for nostalga but doesnt compare to the new show. I have watched the dvds and gotten them I doubt I will be getting any more. I cant really say much else about the new show it is for the most part very true to the comics and maybe not aimed so much for kids. Well it is but any turtle fan could watch it and its good, so much better then trying to watch the old show. Then there the FF series.... still probably better imo but I have missed quite a few episodes.

With that said the new movie looks darker and should be really good, personally I am looking forward to this movie way more then Spider-man 3 and SM2 is probably one of my fav movies of all time. I was blown away by it when I saw it in theater.

I know I'm definitely ready to see the new CG movie, I just hope they give it the right mix of comedy, action, and darkness (or well a dark tone)

Hmmm..I feel a little bit uneasy when they mention that they want to do the new TMNT movie using full 3D.
Hopefully that it will not become like Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within movie.
Awesome CGI but not so exciting storyline.

I say, if Rocky can be allowed to make a comeback & the Transformers can go to the big screen, why not the Turtles?

I've wanted this, a movie that could actually take itself pretty seriously. I really hope it doesn't turn out hokey like the older movies.

I've wanted this, a movie that could actually take itself pretty seriously. I really hope it doesn't turn out hokey like the older movies.

WHO IS THIS GUY?! The old movies kicked SHELL! The first is def one of the greatest movies... the other two... they went down but they were still good.

This (as mentioned) is a continuing and not a remake. Its not called TMNT 4, because the newer audience probably hasn't seen the older films. So they're playing this off as a movie on its own, but following the timeline of the older films.

I personally think that they should start aiming their audience a little higher. The comics were def for teens and up... then the cartoon made it for kids.. which grabbed my attention and was great at the time. Then the 2000 series was GREAT for comic fans... and it also had the touch for the kiddy audience. but Flash Forward needs to go.

I didnt like hearin this new movie is CGI... but seeing the promos i'm lookin forward to it. It depends on who directs for a live action movie with todays movie magic. The costumes could come off lame... But hey it COULD work. Maybe a mix... Dare Devil and Spider-Man use both to show acrobatic ability... so it could work.

Well here's a question, is anyone else pissed that they aren't doing this in the totally awesome style of the first movies? I mean come on! CG?!!? Thats good for stories like Ice-Age or Over the Hedge, but these are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! What made the first movie so great was that it was so very realistic, dark and awesome. CG just has no place here!
The first movie was a kids movie, but it was definitely a serious movie that had a dark veil to it, if they do it CG its gonna look like a kids show, and thats what the cartoons were for.

It worked for "The Incredibles"...why not the TMNT? :dry:

i love the individual look they have this time for me thats awesome. really looking forward to the return of you know who in the second movie

I really want to know why so many people are against the Turtles in CG animation. Hell, I bet a majority of us would never have even known about the Turtles if it wasn't for animation. It's not like the franchise was born from a live-action movie -- it was born from a satirical, independent comic book. The Turtles have known far more success in animation than anything else. So someone please, tell me why all the hate towards CGI? All it is is a different form of animation (and actually a far better one than 2D).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"