The Rise of Skywalker Does Kathleen Kennedy get fired after ROS?

There’s also supposedly two new Star Wars animated shows coming this year too. I’m all for that personally.

I would add that even if there is no need for it, it's something they were doing regardless. Once again, Kennedy had drama with yet another project. That's the important take away. You can't have a Star Wars project anymore it seems without drama. You don't see drama to this extent with Marvel our Piixar, and they produce more annual content than Lucasfilm does. At least Marvel does. So the issue has to management within the company.

Marvel has had this drama with what...four films? One of which (the GOTG3/Gunn controversy) had nothing to do with Feige.

JMC after Clone Wars, we're getting another season of Mandalorian in the fall and then K2SO and Cassian Andor at some point, I imagine 2021.

Other than that, I mean you've got a whole backlog of live-action Marvel/Star Wars, plus tons of Disney, Pixar animation and Disney live-action, plus Fox stuff now on Disney+.

I mean I did founder's circle, so it's basically costing me like $3.82 a month for three years. I have no regrets, not like what I have to pay for my insurance premiums.

why are we getting a cassian show

if rogue one is episode 3.9, then what is his show? episode 3.85? who asked for this. there is so much timeline in the universe and i'm sure we'll get yet another DEATH STAR EASTER EGG OMG in an episode too. and yet another empire/birth of the rebellion era

why are we getting a cassian show

if rogue one is episode 3.9, then what is his show? episode 3.85? who asked for this. there is so much timeline in the universe and i'm sure we'll get yet another DEATH STAR EASTER EGG OMG in an episode too. and yet another empire/birth of the rebellion era

Rogue One was a hit and Cassian Andor and K2SO were sort of the fan favorites. K2SO for me at least. I imagine people found them more intriguing than Jyn Erso who was kinda flat.

I imagine someone pitched the idea and they thought "OK, Andor and K2SO on adventures going on secret spy missions for the Rebel Alliance during the height of the Galactic Empire."

Look would Andor and K2SO be my top pick for a spinoff show? No. But this is what they are doing. I imagine that's the logic they went on earlier. Play around with the new characters they introduced for the Disney era.

JMC after Clone Wars, we're getting another season of Mandalorian in the fall and then K2SO and Cassian Andor at some point, I imagine 2021.

Other than that, I mean you've got a whole backlog of live-action Marvel/Star Wars, plus tons of Disney, Pixar animation and Disney live-action, plus Fox stuff now on Disney+.

I mean I did founder's circle, so it's basically costing me like $3.82 a month for three years. I have no regrets, not like what I have to pay for my insurance premiums.

And Disney+ has a lot of their big films in 4K that havent gotten a UHD release yet. Like Pirates of the Caribbean and star wars. The star wars 4k versions alone make it worth the $6 monthly price because the OT and PT wont be on UHD until later this year and the cost will be something like $300+. Rogue One is also in 4K on Disney+ and there is no announced UHD release for that.

I liked Cassian a lot but frankly I'm super curious about Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus. What's their story? Two former Jedi monks, one adheres to the old beliefs and the other one becomes a bazooka-toting killer, but they stick together. I'd rather see a show about them and their adventures over the years.

I liked Cassian a lot but frankly I'm super curious about Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus. What's their story? Two former Jedi monks, one adheres to the old beliefs and the other one becomes a bazooka-toting killer, but they stick together. I'd rather see a show about them and their adventures over the years.

Church of the Whil monks ;)

Rogue One was a hit and Cassian Andor and K2SO were sort of the fan favorites. K2SO for me at least. I imagine people found them more intriguing than Jyn Erso who was kinda flat.

I imagine someone pitched the idea and they thought "OK, Andor and K2SO on adventures going on secret spy missions for the Rebel Alliance during the height of the Galactic Empire."

Look would Andor and K2SO be my top pick for a spinoff show? No. But this is what they are doing. I imagine that's the logic they went on earlier. Play around with the new characters they introduced for the Disney era.

I find the idea of a show about Cassian being a rebel spy on black ops missions far more intiguing than one about Obi-Wan on Tatooine. There is simply far more that they can do with the concept.

The whole rumor of Buddy Feige circling around eyeing Kathleen's job like a shark is not going away.

Giving him total control over all things Marvel was one way to satisfy his control freak urges for now... Kathleen will have to ask him to be excused for clocking in late to work as he is trying to figure out how to shred things down he didn't have total control over then boom trapdoor effect happens...

I think Obi-Wan was going to be a theatrical movie first, then when Solo failed that got shifted, and now they seem to be shifting it back to a movie that's split up into four parts. When I cared a lot more than I do now I thought giving it too much time in the form of a tv series was probably asking a bit too much for a guy that's supposed to be on just Tatooine in a limited capacity between III and IV.

Feige would be a good choice for creative oversight. He tends to snuff out this whole creative differences issue pretty quickly. He has a vision and you're going to follow HIS playbook or you won't be there.

really curious to see what feige's film will be. ST, PT, old old republic, something completely different, he's a huge star wars nerd, so i'm sure it'll be great, but seeing what it is will paint a bigger picture of what his SW universe would be if he got to be in charge later on

Doesnt matter who oversees the Star wars property, Kennedy can stay for all i care.
The important thing is to have a plan and as Hard as it is...have the ear closer to the fans.
Expand, let it breath and let creativity in.
Stuff like exclusive rights to just one Video game company like EA...is not a Smart move for example.
If you dont have the ideas or so, let others be creative...be open.

Can Feige really handle being the CCO of both Marvel and Lucasfilm?

Who is to say he's even well suited for Lucasfilm either?

Can Feige really handle being the CCO of both Marvel and Lucasfilm?

Who is to say he's even well suited for Lucasfilm either?
If he can handle 22 MCU films in a 10 year span, he can handle another film a year if they decide to stick to that same release schedule.

Feige would be a good choice for creative oversight. He tends to snuff out this whole creative differences issue pretty quickly. He has a vision and you're going to follow HIS playbook or you won't be there.

Studio chairmen that do that sort of thing to a freakish degree I don't much care for as it's watering down the creative input from everyone that is hired to fit HIS sensibilities even when there's no financial or marketing need to. He also just keeps telegraphing out an average product for rottentomatoes and Chinese censors when able to afford to take some measured creative risk at times.

He also comes across OCD in a lot of the news reports lately as he's been overly cramming and makes things harder at times than they need to be as doing so much at once just can't let someone else handle things without his producer name on everything.

Last edited:
I was more of a Jyn Erso fan, but I'm not really sure what a prequel show with her would have involved. She was just hiding out, it seemed. The Cassian thing could be good.

I don't want Feige in charge. One MCU is enough, and I don't trust him to handle Star Wars right.

Someone should tell Kathleen Kennedy of the full scale movie without a movie in 1996 called "Shadows of the Empire". It offers a fun interesting foray and a step back from what's available today... 20 secrets of Shadows of the Empire

20 secrets of Shadows of the Empire
20 long years ago, in a pop cultural landscape far, far away, Lucasfilm tried something that had never been done before.

In 1996, with Bill Clinton in the White House, the Chicago Bulls breaking records, Independence Day busting blocks, the Spice Girls’ debut single flying off the shelves, and Elmos being tickled all over the United States, Lucasfilm decided to re-insert itself into the conversation with Shadows of the Empire.

The easiest and most obvious way to describe the ambitious Shadows of the Empire project is that it was ‘a movie without the movie’.

It had all the tie-ins you’d expect from a major feature film release — a novel (and a junior novelisation), a video game, a comic book series, a trading card set, multiple toy lines, and even a soundtrack and a ‘making of’ book — but no blockbuster movie (or even a cartoon) to anchor it...

I don’t really like the tone and style that the majority of the MCU films follow, so I really hope Feige doesn’t take over Lucasfilm.

I would hope Feige would know the difference between Star Wars and the MCU and approach SW differently than he would if he were working on a MCU film.

I was more of a Jyn Erso fan, but I'm not really sure what a prequel show with her would have involved. She was just hiding out, it seemed. The Cassian thing could be good.

I don't want Feige in charge. One MCU is enough, and I don't trust him to handle Star Wars right.

A Jyn series would probably something along the lines of Solo. Hopefully better, but their stories are similar with regards to their criminal past and getting fed up with the war and just trying to survive in their own way before ultimately deciding to fight for the greater good against the Empire.

I really like Feige, but I'd prefer he'd stick the MCU. I'm personally of the belief that if you are great at something and have great success doing it, you should stick with it because it doesn't necessarily mean you will be great at something different. But some people simply can't resist a new challenge.

How in the world is this post not meant to be taken condescendingly or rudely? Seriously bro, you need to clean up your act. You constantly post in this manner and it is tiresome. You can't just be a jerk to people all the time and then act like you're not doing anything wrong. This is a very condescending post you made, own up to it. And maybe not treat people condescendingly in the future.

You easily could have just said the content on their is not my thing and it would have been fine. But you had to go out of your way to make it sound insulting to people who actually like the service. You're flat-out calling people tasted movies terrible in that post. In other words, you're being condescending

Put it down to cultural differences then if that's your take away.

Mate, if you're happy to wait for months on end for new content then again, more power to you. I trailed the service and a good chunk of the content there worth watching I already own on DVD or blu ray. IMO the service was launched too hastily and without enough new content to justify the expense, and it's too reliant on Marvel and Star Wars to be the driving force behind it surviving long term. Without branching out into other areas the service I feel will eventually be merged with their other subscriptions services. Disney+ reliance on stuff you've already seen is a bad long term strategy.

I mean you do you. There's enough there to tide me over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"