• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Don’t be fooled by the Wrestling Thread’s boyish good looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, part of me wants Haitch to win because I'm bored of Cena and Orton, and it gives a slight chance of Punk and/or Bryan being inserted into a program with him where they would eventually be put over...oh who am I kidding.. :csad:

Triple H is not going to put over Bryan or Punk. The WWE isn't smart enough to do that.

According to PWInsider.com, NXT officials have re-packaged Leo Kruger as Adam Rose. Rose's gimmick is said to be similar to the character portrayed by Russell Brand in the movies "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Get Him to the Greek."

:huh:

Kruger gimmick was fine. If anything they should of gave him a big game hunter Kraven style gimmick.

Kruger gimmick was fine. If anything they should of gave him a big game hunter Kraven style gimmick.

All this means now is that he's going to come up wearing shirts that are only buttoned to one button, since that what Russell Brand usually wears.

And somehow, Triple H will make himself and Stephanie immortal and he will reign as Unified Champion for the next million years.

iEjUA.gif

Unfortunately, for the likes of Punk and Bryan, it's more along the lines of this...

triple-h-thumbs-down-o.gif

Last edited:
I have a hard time picturing Kruger anything like Russell Brand and Brand's obnoxious rockstar character is already being filled by 3MB

In a perfect world, the TLC unification match would end in either Cena winning or a draw.

Then, the Royal Rumble would end in a double elimination, or something to that effect, with Punk and Bryan BOTH becoming #1 contender for the Unified Title Match at WrestleMania.

and the Mania match, a fatal four way with Punk, Cena, Orton and Bryan, would end with Bryan as the victor.

Triple H would make for a fantastic comic book villain. He would probably demand that all of the major Marvel and DC Villains like Thanos, Darkseid, Apocalypse, Luthor, Mr. Sinister, Joker, Magneto and Galactus all bow down to him and declare him as god.

Triple H would make for a fantastic comic book villain. He would probably demand that all of the major Marvel and DC Villains like Thanos, Darkseid, Apocalypse, Luthor, Mr. Sinister, Joker, Magneto and Galactus all bow down to him and declare him as god.

He NOSE what's best for total domination...erm, I mean..business. :o

He NOSE what's best for total domination...erm, I mean..business. :o

But not until he buries all of the Marvel and DC Superheros as the unstoppable, immortal, indestructible villain known as "The Burier" who turns into a giant shovel.

Hmmm, I may be wrong, but for some reason I don't see the whole Punk-AJ relationship lasting the distance, I don't know why, just a feeling. It's probably just me, but it feels funny seeing AJ dating the ex of her idol, lol.

AJ is going to be out the door sometime down the line I imagine. Just look at Mickie and Beth.

Last edited:
AJ is going to be out the door sometime down the line I imagine. Just look at Mickie and Beth.

Contrary to popular belief, the GTS and Anaconda Vice aren't Punk's real finishing moves. His real finishing move is Lets Take A Walk On The Pier After We Get Ice Cream.

I loved his Kraven gimmick. He should come hunting big game and attack/start a feud with Langston.

AJ will date Edge next. This way he and Punk can compare notes on Lita, Beth, and AJ

TNA Executive VP of Licensing and International Television Distribution Andy Barton was interviewed by IndianTelevision.com. Here are some highlights:

How they are competing with WWE: "Let me give you a global perspective; we at TNA play the long ball and this strategy relates to the entire world. If we look at the UK market - we have pushed ahead of WWE there and our show is watched more in comparison to WWE week in, week out. Ditto for Germany. In the US of course, it's going to be tough to carve a space when there is already such an old and established brand and the same is with India.

"But looking at the history of the wrestling business, there have been a lot of brands that have come and perished like Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and obviously World Championship Wrestling (WCW), that was tremendously successful but it just boggles your mind that a company that was making that kind of money and was hugely popular went bust.

"There is healthy competition and WWE's product is different from ours and it's all going to come down to hard work and it is imperative that we sign on an Indian talent. We have earlier ties with India when we produced 'Ring Ka King' with Colors which gave us production capability in the country. We also opened a wrestling school in India. As far as professional wrestling in India is concerned, there isn't a lot that is happening in this space. I think if we can help with the infrastructure and help the people in India who are interested in getting into professional wrestling."

Wrestlers moving between WWE and TNA: "Well, it's something that depends completely on the superstar, in Kurt [Angle]'s case - he has been with us for an equal amount of time that he was with WWE. Similarly, Gail Kim too was earlier with WWE, then made the shift to TNA, went back to WWE for a short stint, and has ever since been one of our leading superstars.

"Such movements don't generally work for everyone, but if you take a look at our wrestlers compared to WWE, we are more on the road than them. So it is really encouraging for young talent that wants to be on the road for 300 days a year. And at the end of the day, it's all about promoting young talent for the industry and keeping the roster fresh to keep the audience hooked to the show.

"That said, there comes a time in every wrestler's time when he has fought everyone and there is no storyline left for him to play either the good guy or the bad guy. That's when they plan to move across to other brands and refresh their own identity and again strike a chord with a newer set of viewers."

I don't care reading TNA executives interviews unless it's about selling the company

So guys should their be a unification for the IC/US titles?

And even if it's not a title unification in the true sense it can lead to the IC or US titles staying on the main shows and one of them becoming an NXT title.

If this happens then it would also force WWE to put in more effort in regards to building feuds around the IC title, Tag Team title and The Divas title instead of just slapping feuds together when it's convenient or having champions that barely defend their titles.

Not only that they can increase the talent pools for these belts.

I'd heavily push the IC and Tag titles and make the US exclusive to NXT

So guys should their be a unification for the IC/US titles?

And even if it's not a title unification in the true sense it can lead to the IC or US titles staying on the main shows and one of them becoming an NXT title.

If this happens then it would also force WWE to put in more effort in regards to building feuds around the IC title, Tag Team title and The Divas title instead of just slapping feuds together when it's convenient or having champions that barely defend their titles.

Not only that they can increase the talent pools for these belts.

There should DEFINITELY be an IC/US title unification.

There is no need for 2 of what is, essentially, the same belt.

They merged the tag and womens titles.

The world titles will soon be merged.

All that's left are those two.

And yeah, it will DEFINITELY make the title pictures more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back