• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Fear Of The Wrestling Thread Is Far Greater Than The Wrestling Thread Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetre15

Positive Page
Reaction score
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_76825.shtml

Monday's WWE Raw from Chicago peaked in Q1 in the quarter-hour TV ratings, then skyrocketed at the top of the third hour for the Daniel Bryan-Triple H/Stephanie McMahon confrontation.

After the confrontation, Raw slid back to the first hour levels. This included Bryan vs. Batista in the over-run segment, which also had a rare commercial break.

Raw opened with an above-average audience in Q1 for the initial check-in on how WWE would handle C.M. Punk in Chicago. Otherwise, the rest of the show performed okay-to-average outside of the Bryan-Authority confrontation in Q9.

Raw Break Down - males 18-49 demographic

- Overall Show: 2.22 m18-49 rating / 1.4 million viewers. (Bryan-Authority scored a 2.57 rating.)

Q1: Raw opened with a 2.29 rating for Paul Heyman addressing the C.M. Punk situation in Chicago. There was no commercial.

Q2: Raw dipped to a 2.24 rating for the end of the opening segment, the first-half of the New Age Outlaws vs. The Usos for the Tag Titles, and one commercial.

Q3: Raw dropped to a 2.06 rating for the second-half of the Tag Title match, two full commercial breaks, and Big E. vs. Cesaro in a two-minute match. Within the minute-by-minute performance, the end of the Tag Title match performed well, but the two commercials had a significant tune-out factor.

Q4: Raw rebounded slightly to a 2.12 rating for the first-half of The Shield vs. The Wyatts, plus two full commercial breaks.

Q5: Raw got a top-of-the-hour bump to a 2.27 rating for the finish of the six-man tag match and one commercial. It was a solid, but not overwhelming quarter-hour rating for a re-match from the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Q6: Raw dropped to a show-low 2.05 rating for the comedown mixed tag match of Fandango & Summer Rae vs. Santino & Emma, one commercial, Stephanie McMahon's Network message, and ring introductions for Christian vs. Sheamus.

Q7: Raw increased to a 2.18 rating for Sheamus vs. Christian and one commercial.

Q8: Raw dipped to a 2.11 rating for The Bellas vs. Foxsana and two full commercial breaks.

Q9: Raw skyrocketed to a 2.57 rating at the top of the third hour for the Bryan-Authority confrontation. There was no commercial. The peak audience was 1.751 million m18-49 viewers at 10:14 p.m. EST when the segment wrapped up after growing from 1.5 to 1.6 to 1.7 million viewers every five minutes.

Q10: Raw dropped to a 2.26 rating for Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio in the comedown match, plus there were two full commercial breaks.

Q11: Raw was about the same at a 2.22 rating for Big E. vs. Jack Swagger, the Real Americans hashing things out, one commercial, and the first-half of John Cena's speech.

Q12: Raw was about the same at a 2.23 rating for the end of Cena's speech, one commercial, and main event ring introductions. Cena's speech topped out in the mid-1.5 million viewers range.

Over-Run: Raw scored a 2.27 rating for Bryan vs. Batista. Before the commercial, the match was in the mid-1.4 million viewers range. Afterward, Raw increased to the mid-to-upper 1.5 million range, peaking with 1.590 million viewers.

People still want to say Daniel Bryan doesnt draw? lol

Last edited:
There are only three guys in WWE history who won the title during their debut year and the fans bought it. Undertaker, Angle, and Lesnar.

Yes, and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking so.

It just reeks of being Fandango'd to me. :(
This discussion brings up an interesting point - guys like Sheamus & Del Rio were pushed into the main event almost immediately upon their debuts, but I think the WWE would be hard pressed to do something similar in the coming years if they're serious about keeping the top titles unified. Having two brands & two "top" titles necessitated that more guys be in a main event spot, but that's not quite the case any more.

Just for reference, look at the Elimination Chamber main event a few weeks ago. It was arguably the strongest group of six performers in that match in the last 5+ years - and that's a good thing in my opinion. But maybe the trickle down effect is with the main event scene being so crowded, it forces the midcard to be more competitive and curtails the mega-push out of the gate that guys like Sheamus & Del Rio received. This is all hypothetical obviously and totally dependent on the powers that be, so who knows what really is going to happen.

Good points. Quite a few felt that essentially the WHC had just become the IC title in status and thus Bertie and Sheamus were always upper mid card pushes I guess, even though WWE tried to play them off as more by giving both a brief flirtation with the WWE title before shifting them prominently to SD and the WHC.

I think the hope most of us have from the unification call is that the IC title will return to it's former prominence in the company.

Last edited:
It just reeks of being Fandango'd to me. :(

What about the Fandango gimmick don't you like? I liked creepy Johnny Curtis on NXT, but it was a gimmick that was going to require a lot of time to develop on the main roster. And just by the nature of time constraints, he was never going to be able to convey the character to its full potential on Raw or Smackdown. That wacky version of NXT was fun, but he often had two or three backstage segments and a match in one show. Not even guys like Cena get that.

His initial run as Fandango had a lot of momentum post-Mania, but then he got a concussion right as it seemed like he was set to win the IC title, and during his time off they moved on with Curtis Axel and Fandango got pushed to the side. I think he was a victim of circumstance and it makes me wonder what would have happened otherwise.

As it relates to Adam Rose, I think it fits the performer much better than hunter/mercenary gimmick ever did. Plus, it just seems like he's having a blast doing it, that backstage segment and entrance were a lot of fun. Fun's not a bad thing right? And in the long run, if he's allowed to keep his posse and potentially develop some of the personalities within that group, it could make for a fun stable/tag team act.

I didn't see the Adam Rose entrance. Is it on youtube yet?

In case everyone missed it..........................

[YT]4QlOsTkNIOk[/YT]
[YT]qTRrV5J8odk[/YT]
[YT]pzbLN6PAf7E[/YT]

This thread is already awesome because of Renee Young.

She was sorely missing from the last several threads.

tumblr_n22s3pRxO11rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

Renee and Regals flirting is funny.

Charlotte Flair is very athletic

Why is Leo Kruger acting like Russell Brand?

Last edited:
Wow I just went to wrestlingforums.net and it's insane how many turncoats are over there....I've visited there from time to time but I remember most people were behind him and now it seems to be a growing trend to turn your back on Bryan solely for the sake of being Contrary. I hope this doesn't become a big thing because SOME fans can be their own worst enemy turning against anyone they wanted to see get pushed to the top.

those renee pictures are what's best for business :D

Wow I just went to wrestlingforums.net and it's insane how many turncoats are over there....I've visited there from time to time but I remember most people were behind him and now it seems to be a growing trend to turn your back on Bryan solely for the sake of being Contrary. I hope this doesn't become a big thing because SOME fans can be their own worst enemy turning against anyone they wanted to see get pushed to the top.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I have a sneaking suspicion they're just making noise to be noticed, for the sake of being contrary to the generally held belief. It's the hipster way!

Renee and Regals flirting is funny.

Charlotte Flair is very athletic

Why is Leo Kruger acting like Russell Brand?

Because according to the rumor Vince watched Get Him to the Greek and loved it and wanted an Aldous Snow type character

Last edited:
Despite fan disdain for WWE’s booking of Daniel Bryan, he is indeed set to become the biggest star in the company this year. Dave Meltzer at F4Wonline reports that Bryan will be pushed big after Wrestlemania, second to only John Cena as the franchise star.

WWE have already put these plans into place, contacting business partners to inform them that Bryan and Cena will be the big characters focused upon this Spring and Summer.

Meltzer hinted he knows more details, snickering and pausing on F4Wonline radio before stating about Bryan

”Him and John Cena are going to be the most pushed guys after Wrestlemania”

“There have been things sent out to people they do business with, and it’s these are the people we are going to be focusing on, number 1 is John Cena, number 2 is Daniel Bryan”

This means Bryan will occupy the spot held by CM Punk through 2012, almost equal billing to Cena as the brand star. It’s a great spot for Bryan and fans will be happy as it means Bryan is going to be getting the push invested in him that he deserves.

It will most likely involve the WWE Championship, as John Cena has already shown he can function as the number 1 guy in the company without the title, so Bryan should expect the gold at some point this Spring. Meltzer also acts to allay fears Bryan will be squashed by Triple H, ”the guy isn’t getting buried, logically you would think he wins the championship at Wrestlemania or the month after”

The future looks brighter than ever for the YES Movement leader, Meltzer affirming

“You cant afford to bury him now, they don’t have the depth to do so at this point”

It looks like 2014 is going to belong to Daniel Bryan, just as we all hoped it would.
There has to be a chance he even ends up overshadowing Cena given how popular he is proving to be.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-daniel-bryan-will-pushed-big-wrestlemania-30-report.php

Last edited:
I bought the Ascension shirt. Bigger fan of a shirt than I am of them, though I do think Victor is decent enough. Won't be spending any more money on WWE for awhile. Going to take a break from watching, too. I'll stay up to date by reading this thread.

Last edited:
We'll see how that # 2 booking for Bryan pans out if it happens. Punk's booking as # 2 relegated his title reign to secondary despite him being the champion.

And the "expect the gold sometime this spring" better mean Wrestlemania. No sometime this Spring, or the month after Wrestlemania. AT WRESTLEMANIA.

But if Bryan outpops Cena at PPVs, the company may not have a choice but to put him on last. We'll see, we'll see...

We'll see how that # 2 booking for Bryan pans out if it happens. Punk's booking as # 2 relegated his title reign to secondary despite him being the champion.

And the "expect the gold sometime this spring" better mean Wrestlemania. No sometime this Spring, or the month after Wrestlemania. AT WRESTLEMANIA.

But if Bryan outpops Cena at PPVs, the company may not have a choice but to put him on last. We'll see, we'll see...

We always mention how the World Heavyweight Championship became equivalent to the IC title, but when Punk was WWE Champ and he was still a far 2nd to Cena it made the WWE Title feel so unimportant for so long. While I understand at certain times there can be a person/match who's big enough to trump the Title match, but to of had Cena reign main eventing PPV's despite only one or two being a title match was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"