Don’t Call Me Chief: Wendell Pierce IS Perry White

Only hearing about this now somehow but delighted with this casting, know him from few things that I've watched over the years but largely The Wire in which he was very good.

Great casting hopefully Gunn utilises him well.

If anyone can replace Fishburne as Perry, I definitely like Wendell Pierce

I have to say, I never thought Fishburne or Langella were very good as Perry. Langella seemed not to be taking the material seriously and just played Perry as an old fool. In contrast, Fishburne played it TOO seriously and was just kinda dry and boring. I think Wendell will nail the role if the part is written to tap into his natural smartass boss energy that he displayed on The Wire and especially Jack Ryan.

I have to say, I never thought Fishburne or Langella were very good as Perry. Langella seemed not to be taking the material seriously and just played Perry as an old fool. In contrast, Fishburne played it TOO seriously and was just kinda dry and boring. I think Wendell will nail the role if the part is written to tap into his natural smartass boss energy that he displayed on The Wire and especially Jack Ryan.
In Langella’s defense, he was told to play Perry as more meek in order to avoid comparisons with J Jonah Jameson.

I've never seen Wendell Pierce in anything, but I want his version of Perry to be less like Frank Langella, and more like Jackie Cooper. Here's one of my fave lines from the first film:

"Olsen, why am I paying you $40 a week, when I should have you arrested for loitering? Go get Mr. Kent a towel! Move kid, move!"

I've never seen Wendell Pierce in anything, but I want his version of Perry to be less like Frank Langella, and more like Jackie Cooper. Here's one of my fave lines from the first film:

"Olsen, why am I paying you $40 a week, when I should have you arrested for loitering? Go get Mr. Kent a towel! Move kid, move!"
Oh, I really don't want to be that guy again. I spent much of mid-noughties being that guy... But okay, once more for old times sake:

"DUDE, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE WIRE!"

He must be an elvis fan and yell great Ceasars ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"