Laurence Fishburne IS Perry White in The Man of Steel

I loved Fishburne's White. And I liked even more the fact that this Perry White wasn't just about selling papers, but about integrity and responsible stewardship of the news/knowledge. And the "hope" element...fantastic stuff.

I loved Fishburne's White. And I liked even more the fact that this Perry White wasn't just about selling papers, but about integrity and responsible stewardship of the news/knowledge. And the "hope" element...fantastic stuff.

Agreed. I really wanna see Laurence Fishburne get a meaty arc with Perry White in the next film. Have Lex Luthor and LexCorp just bombarding the Daily Planet, threatening them with closure, and all the pressure is on Perry to buckle. But he defiantly, maybe self-destructively, continues to pursue the truth, because it's what his paper is about and what he believes in.

I thought it was very progressive to show a newspaper editor with an earring.

Actually, my favorite scene in the movie
is Perry trying to get Jenny out of the rubble and deciding to stay with her instead of leaving when he couldn't.

I loved Fishburne's take on the character. He was a real good guy.

Actually, my favorite scene in the movie
is Perry trying to get Jenny out of the rubble and deciding to stay with her instead of leaving when he couldn't.

I loved Fishburne's take on the character. He was a real good guy.

Same here. Great scene.

That was a great scene. Really showed the true goodness in us all to not be selfish and put others ahead of ourselves. That scene was actually beautiful.

I really expected more, but to me Fishburne was just playing "generic editor", not Perry White. He needs more to expand his role and flesh it out before I can really like him.

I don't know but that earring really bothered me ;/

Me too, but again, it didn't really take away from the rest of his character, like telling Lois that he trusts her intuition or staying with Jenny. Fishburne did a great job.

This earing talk is truly pathetic, in the black community we were earings get over it.

Agreed. I really wanna see Laurence Fishburne get a meaty arc with Perry White in the next film. Have Lex Luthor and LexCorp just bombarding the Daily Planet, threatening them with closure, and all the pressure is on Perry to buckle. But he defiantly, maybe self-destructively, continues to pursue the truth, because it's what his paper is about and what he believes in.

Yes! If MOS is about Krypton, MOS2 should be more about earth, its people and their ways. It should be LESS of a superhero action-oriented flick and more of a drama. But World's Finest NEEDS Brainiac, IMHO. It'd be too awesome to see what Lex and Brainiac plot against the two heroes.

Loved it when Perry refused to publish Lois' story. Their banter was great. But he definitely needs more to do in the next film. This was a pretty good debut for him.

i didnt notice till I saw the movie the second time.

I felt like pretty much anyone could have played Perry and Fishburne didn't lend a whole lot to it. He wasn't horrible, he just didn't have a lot to do and that's fine because he's not the star.

and did anyone else get MATRIX/MORPHEUS vibe when the feds came after Lois while she was on the phone with Perry??? :woot:

Didn't see much of him but I liked what I saw. Should see much more of him in the sequel though. Expecting quite a few Daily Planet scenes.

Saw MOS last night, I probably never would've paid much mind to the earring if I hadn't read you guys' posts. :p

It's Larry Fishburne.

Let him wear the earring. :woot:

Gina Torres don't mind the ear ring. Neither should we. Y'all don't be messin' wit Zoe's man!

Lol. The earring was cool. Certainly a Daily Planet for a new age.

So does this mean we could get Donald Glover as Jimmy Olsen? :O

Glover is too old to play Jimmy Olsen. He is basically the same age as Cavill. They need an actor at least 5, but preferably over 10, years younger for Jimmy.

i remember commenting that making either Jimmy or Perry black would make the movie feel more contemporary/modern. looks like the casting director feels the same.

I really think this was a case of color-blind casting. They chose Fishbourne because he was best for the role without any real attention paid to his race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"