Downton Abbey...the movie

I wonder if they'll get Lily James back for this. Funny how she's probably had the biggest breakout outside the show at this point. Well, she and Dan Stevens, but we know Matthew ain't coming back, lol.
Wrath of the Titans was on tv and I noticed Lily James was in it.

God why am I so excited for this? It’ll be good to see the cast again

I've been binge watching the series. It's my guilty pleasure. I'm a total Downton Abbey apologist and don't care that they havent seemed to age over the 14 years the series has spanned. I can't wait for the movie. The only downside being that they didn't get to do it when Matthew was still around *sobs*

Seeing the house again... that music... brings it all back. I so hope this sticks to the formula that made the series so popular. I can't wait to see this.

Also hoping to visit Highclere in the summer (along with everyone else I suspect!)

It honestly hasn’t been off the air long enough for me to get nostalgic about it, but I’ll watch.

This one has a few new scenes:

Last edited:
D7BIonVVUAcpTuz.jpg

D7BSDqTXoAAgTH8.jpg

Ahhh I can't wait! I love how it still "feels" like the series and that the trailer didn't give too much away. Some beautiful shots as well...

I can’t wait! It’s nice they’re doing interesting new things with Michelle dockery’s character.

Seeing this on Friday, first showing possible. I'm not even sorry that I'm ridiculously excited.

I really want the reviews to be good just because I want more than one movie, but even if they're terrible... I won't care.

Ahh I really, really enjoyed this. I felt like I was watching a Christmas special as it was so in keeping with the TV series.

I did shed a little tear during a scene towards the end (you'll know it when you see it) but I felt the whole thing was a joyous celebration.

I think they were careful with the storyline to make sure people who hadn't seen Downton Abbey before could watch it and not be confused...

there were no mentions of Matthew or Mr Mason or Edith's daughter's father for example as I assume it would have required some exposition

A Christmas special is exactly what it felt like to me. An extra long episode, some new storylines that felt rushed, some overly saccharine moments, but overall just...nice.

Well, me and the missus will be watching this probably Friday evening. This is her "Avengers Endgame". There was no discussion about whether we had the money or if we had time to go, it was simply, "We're going". We're both Downton fans. I used to mock her for it while drawing, then I realized I wasn't drawing anymore, and that I was watching it in the dark. Impossible to draw that way. That's when you know you're hooked. Looking forward to this.

Probably not gonna see it because I never drank that kool-aid, but checking the showtimes a lot of them are pretty full tonight. May hit that spot this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"