Dune: Prophecy

So I see Production List updated that it will start filming September 5 in Ireland, following the rumours that were out a couple of months ago. I find it very hard to believe that it will start shooting in two weeks without any cast or crew members confirmed outside the director of the first two episodes, but we'll see.

Good actors, but I don't have a lot of faith in the people behind the camera (the creator worked on The Originals and the co-showrunner worked on Fringe). At least Johan Renck seems to be involved still.

Also, I had no idea that this was set 10,000 years before Paul Atreides (so about 12,000 AD) and the two leads are Harkonnen sisters. I've only read the first three books; is there much lore that Herbert created for that time period? I hope The Sisterhood doesn't turn into another Rings of Power.

Good actors, but I don't have a lot of faith in the people behind the camera (the creator worked on The Originals and the co-showrunner worked on Fringe). At least Johan Renck seems to be involved still.

Also, I had no idea that this was set 10,000 years before Paul Atreides (so about 12,000 AD) and the two leads are Harkonnen sisters. I've only read the first three books; is there much lore that Herbert created for that time period? I hope The Sisterhood doesn't turn into another Rings of Power.
Both great shows, so my faith it intact. :o

Frank's had rough ideas, notes, etc. - that his son expanded on or just entirely made up. I read all 6 books (Children Of Dune/God Empire Of Dune, holy **** are amazing) last summer.

I plan to this winter read Hunters Of Dune and Sandworms Of Dune, Brian's rough fleshing out of Book 7, even though they're supposedly a huge drop-off of course.

Then, I will read The Butlerian Jihad, The Machine Crusade, and The Battle of Corrin... the only other novels Brian has written (which there are too many) that are really early timeline-wise prequel trilogy of Dune.

Different strokes, I guess; I can't remember if I even finished the first season. Not a fan of procedurals, and certainly not a fan of Kurtzman/Orci/Goldsman.

I'm not really sold on the showrunner either, but I'm definitely giving it the benefit of a doubt for now. It helps that it's in HBO Max and it features many producers from the films.

My only faith in this project comes from Johan Renck's involvement (he directed Chernobyl & a few episodes of Breaking Bad). I'll give this show the benefit of the doubt but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Yes. Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson wrote a trilogy of the great schools.
Sisterhood of Dune
Mentats of Dune
Navigators of Dune
It'd been rumored that Sisterhood had been optioned. With this announcement that they are playing Harkonnens, it's pretty obvious that they are using the book as a basis. The timing would put it around year 5 BG or a few years before. AG being used as After Guild and BG for Before Guild (or the creation of the Spacing Guild and folding space, which changes everything as far as space travel). Technically you'd be in 20,000 AD or so. Hmmm will we get Norma Cenva?
I've always been a fan of the expanded universe books though they are far from the level of writing that Frank Herbert did. They are quick action reads for the most part, page turners...Sisterhood being one I actually dislike mainly for the inclusion of the Harkonnens.
It's surprising they chose to go back this far IMO. Still darn interested to see what they actually do.

Last edited:
Considering what a key ingredient it was to the film, I hope Zimmer is involved on the music side. I wouldn’t expect a full score, but at least the main theme, like he did with The Crown. And hand-picking whoever does do the score.

Considering what a key ingredient it was to the film, I hope Zimmer is involved on the music side. I wouldn’t expect a full score, but at least the main theme, like he did with The Crown. And hand-picking whoever does do the score.

Nicholas Britell would be a good get for this. His work on Andor is pretty solid and has a pretty good knack for sonic experimentation, which is what made the score for Dune 2021 so great. He would fit right in with this universe.

I'm glad this is finally moving forward. Production Weekly mentioned that it was going to film in Troy Studios in Ireland last month but I guess that wasn't accurate. For those who are familiar with the book, does it take place in Arrakis too? I remember it was teased back in April that the series will feature the Wallach IX planet.

Yeah for Indira Varma.
Nay if it takes inspiration from Brian Herbert & Co books.

lol just realized emily watson ain‘t emma watson

‘Dune: The Sisterhood’: Sarah-Sofie Boussnina Among 5 Cast – Deadline

Sarah-Sofie Boussnina (The Colony), Shalom Brune-Franklin (The Tourist), Faoileann Cunningham (The Northman), Aoife Hinds (Normal People) and Chloe Lea (Foundation) have joined the cast of HBO Max’s Dune: The Sisterhood (wt), from Legendary Television. They join previously announced leads Emily Watson and Shirley Henderson.

The series, which is based on Frank Herbert’s classic novel, is set 10,000 years before the ascension of Paul Atreides and follows the Harkonnen Sisters, played by Watson and Henderson, as they combat forces that threaten the future of humankind, and establish the fabled sect known as the Bene Gesserit.

Boussnina plays Princess Ynez, an independent young princess dealing with the pressures of her responsibility as heir to the Golden Lion Throne.

Brune-Franklin portrays Mikaela, a strong-willed Fremen woman who serves the royal family while longing for a home planet she’s never known.

Cunningham is Sister Jen, a fierce, unpredictable acolyte in training at the Sisterhood School who rarely reveals her emotional core.

Hinds plays Sister Emeline, a zealous acolyte descended from a long line of martyrs, who carries fervent religion to her training at the Sisterhood.

Lea portrays Lila, the youngest acolyte at the Sisterhood School with a deep empathy beyond her years.

...every time there is more casting; all I hear is Fiona Apple singing "ladies, ladies, ladies" /

Harkonnen women creating the BG, a Fremen at the Imperial court ?
I can understand why the show runners took inspiration from Brian Herbert but I really don't like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"