• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sci-Fi Dune

This talk of who’s better looking is like discussing who has more money, Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos?

They’re all freakin’ blessed!

We’re still days away from the Dune trailer, don’t you all make me go on a tirade over how Logan Lerman makes Timothee look like an malnourished prepubescent Ukrainian girl. :o

fCTLGPv.gif

I’m actually pretty excited for this film but are we for sure getting part 2? I read the Vanity Fair article and it said that Denis only agreed to do the film if only it be split into two parts and that Warner Bros. agreed to it.

I’m going to watch the film anyway but I don’t know I just don’t want to get too invested if the film doesn’t do any good at the box office lol. Basically I just don’t want an unfinished story.

I’m actually pretty excited for this film but are we for sure getting part 2? I read the Vanity Fair article and it said that Denis only agreed to do the film if only it be split into two parts and that Warner Bros. agreed to it.

I’m going to watch the film anyway but I don’t know I just don’t want to get too invested if the film doesn’t do any good at the box office lol. Basically I just don’t want an unfinished story.

No certainty about part 2.
If part 1 is a big box office flop, there will be probably no part 2.

You'll always have the book to finish the story if it tanks.

2 parts, pre-Covid would make perfect sense in a story sense, an experience sense and quality guarantee, now that cinema audiences are going to result in smaller revenue as a certain, studio's are gonna have to factor that in, but pre-covid for this would have meant a return strong enough to make Part 2 a certainty, not anymore more sadly.

MZilliAlphajor said:
Why are your pics out of focus, with wrinkles and weird crease down the middle?.
AncientOne said:
They are printed on paper taken from an ancient artifice, something called a magazine.
MZilliAlphajor said:
Where do I find such a thing?
AncientOne said:
You have to go outside and buy it,
MZilliAlphajor said:
What is this outside you speak of?

Last edited:
I've yet to see Chalamet show the "great actor" chops people say he has. He always has this kind of spacey emo blankness about him, and he looks the same in Dune pics.

He is really good in Call Me by Your Name. But to be fair, that could be down to the strength of the screenplay, the book is brilliant. You would have to pretty terrible for the performance to not work out.

I finally saw the teaser footage online. It is out there on a few sites now. Definitely more interesting to watch than the stills, though I agree that there is not much more else to see. 7 days to the full trailer release! Well, maybe...

Last edited:
On Chalamet's acting being the second coming of Christ and if you're agree with that or disagree...

DV about Chalamet according to Chalamet:
So, I went to Cannes and then he said, “I saw ‘Call Me by Your Name’ and I thought you were great. I saw ‘Beautiful Boy’ and still thought you were great, but then I saw you take in ‘The King’ and I thought OK, whatever.” Which is funny to me because I hadn’t done it yet during that time and hopefully it’s presentable, but who knows?
From this 2018 interview: Timothée Chalamet talks about ‘Beautiful Boy,’ ‘Dune’

What do we think the over/under is this getting released in theaters this year.

This for sure seems like a theater experience movie

just release it already and if it's moving hopefully they give us a date now and stick to it Wonder Woman constant delays are actually making me less excited for this film

So... the teaser thing I saw at Tenet was exactly that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"