EA's bad move

they are though, this is a fictional scenario...no different from a book or a movie

but its "a stupid video game" so lets pick on it because its not real entertainment...thats the thinking here

they are though, this is a fictional scenario...no different from a book or a movie

1) books and movies get blasted all the time.
2) books and movies don't allow you to take control of a character/group. Its an entirely different form of entertainment, which allows for a closer inspection because of its immersible and consumer-controlled nature.

but its "a stupid video game" so lets pick on it because its not real entertainment...thats the thinking here

Its the 21st century and video games have been thriving since the 80s. No one would argue that video games are not valid entertainment. If everyone thought that its "just a stupid video game", then no one would care because it didn't matter. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what is going on here.

And again, books, tv, movies, comic books, etc ALL get blasted for being controversial. Its just that, due to the nature of video gaming, it lends itself to closer inspection.

freedom of speech....**** off

that'd be my response...you don't like it, don't buy the game for your kids or change the channel

freedom of speech....**** off

that'd be my response...you don't like it, don't buy the game for your kids or change the channel

ok...well, a major company can't say that :) and if things were that easy, there'd never be any issues. And as a side note, i REALLTY hate people using the freedom of speech as an excuse to do/say whatever they wish. Being GIVEN the right to do/say something doesn't MAKE it right.

YES, they have the FREEDOM to do this, if they wish. And no, its really NOT a big deal. But that does not in any way, shape, or form mean that those who feel it is insensitive are wrong.

I think its a little in appropriate (but i can look past it), and I mentioned this to several friends who are in or have been in the military - most of whom did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their opinions were pretty fifty-fifty - some thought "its just a game" and others felt it wasn't the best thing to do. Neither opinion is wrong, and in fact, they're both right. YES, it IS "just a game". Yes, the government doesnt have the ability to tell the developers to change it, and YES, to some people, it IS inappropriate.

Both sides of the coin have valid arguments, but you're either really for it or really against it. Ironically it will probably sell really well after all this "controversy" since people like thumbing their nose at anyone that says something is deemed inappropriate.

exactly....do these idiots know that all they are doing is giving the game tons of free publicity and will probably help it sell thousands more copies than it was already going to

exactly....do these idiots know that all they are doing is giving the game tons of free publicity and will probably help it sell thousands more copies than it was already going to

Exactly what I'm saying. Controversy Sells :cwink:

But you see....you arent in the mindset of a taliban person. You are just playing the game. You're not going DEATH TO AMERICA!!! ALLLAHHHHH!!!!

But you see....you arent in the mindset of a taliban person. You are just playing the game. You're not going DEATH TO AMERICA!!! ALLLAHHHHH!!!!

If it's on Xbox Live, I'm sure you'll be hearing a bunch of goofy kids going "DERKA DERKA DERKA MUHAMMAD JIHAD!" via the headsets though.

If it's on Xbox Live, I'm sure you'll be hearing a bunch of goofy kids going "DERKA DERKA DERKA MUHAMMAD JIHAD!" via the headsets though.

Definitely, if anything this game will promote racism because of annoying things that Taliban characters will say.

I honestly don't see this game being huge though, it's squeezed in between Halo & Call of Duty.

Definitely, if anything this game will promote racism because of annoying things that Taliban characters will say.

I honestly don't see this game being huge though, it's squeezed in between Halo & Call of Duty.

It could sell well because its also a continuing franchise (although dormant) and its also going to have the battlefield 3 beta.

But make it Halo for me.

And that will be worth it. I'm so gonna put a jihad on all of you. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"