The Punisher Ebon Moss-Bachrach IS Micro

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
The Netflix original series ‘Marvel’s The Punisher’ has announced three new cast members who will be joining Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle/The Punisher) in the series. “Marvel’s The Punisher” will be streaming globally on Netflix in 2017.

Ben Barnes (“The Chronicles of Narnia“) joins the cast as Billy Russo, Frank’s Castle’s best friend from his days in the Special Forces. He runs a successful private military corporation called “Anvil.”’

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (“Girls”) will play Micro, a former NSA analyst whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.

And Amber Rose Revah (“Indian Summers,” “Son of God”) joins as Dinah Madani, a highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.

“I’m really excited about the cast we're assembling alongside Bernthal as Frank Castle,” said showrunner and Executive Producer Steve Lightfoot. “I look forward to watching Ben, Ebon and Amber embody these characters and breathe vivid life into the story we are crafting for this season of 'Marvel's The Punisher.'"

"We couldn’t be more thrilled about the remarkable talent joining Jon Bernthal in 'Marvel’s The Punisher.' Ebon, Ben and Amber are incredibly talented actors and we can’t wait to see them bring these characters to life,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Marvel’s Head of Television.

It was previously announced that Jon Bernthal whom whom fans were first introduced to in Season 2 of "Marvel’s Daredevil," will lead the cast as Frank Castle/The Punisher.

Steve Lightfoot (“Hannibal”) will write the series’ first two episodes in addition to serving as showrunner and Executive Producer. Jim Chory ("Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones" and "Marvel’s Luke Cage") will also serve as Executive Producer along with Jeph Loeb ("Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones" and "Marvel’s Luke Cage"), Marvel’s Head of Television.

"Marvel’s The Punisher" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.
Marvel

Last edited:
:hmm
Never heard of the actor.
Doesn't have the look I expect from the character.

Open to it though I guess. Heh

He was ok in Girls.

I'm glad Micro/Microchip is in the show, but they certainly picked an unconventional choice here.

IMHO this is a role they could've easily gender or race-flipped if they wanted if they didn't want to go the traditional route.

I'm getting an Edward Snowden vibe from the casting choice and description.

I'm just wondering what Frank's angle is now though. Like what's his primary goal? Is he just going to say, "Well, it's time for me to start a one-man war on crime where ever and who ever it is?"

I have a couple ideas. Frank could come across something that motivates him to return to his war on crime. Perhaps Karen or Mirco bring some organised criminal conspiracy to his attention. Perhaps some shady mobsters kill one of Frank's construction colleagues and he comes out of retirement to get them.

Since when did his war on crime *end*? He finished DD s2 having stolen a whole cash of arms, and some indeterminant amounts of data. That doesn't bespeak of retirement.

I suspect his core motivation will be simple: the world is full of evil, and the people harmed by evil. He's going to do something about it, just like "Red". Only, his way has a lot more hot lead.

These guys should've been Microchip.

1. Stephen Root

stephen-root-6.jpg

2. Rain Wilson

microchip.jpg

3. Nick Frost

nick-frost-image.jpg

Thumbs up to all those choices. Though honestly, I would've loved Stephen Root. I'm a bit disappointed they are doing such a radical changing of the character. Oh well.

Thumbs up to all those choices. Though honestly, I would've loved Stephen Root. I'm a bit disappointed they are doing such a radical changing of the character. Oh well.

It's interesting to see what is the dynamic they are going for. Stephen Root would definitely fit in as the voice of reason character what Micro mostly was to Frank during the 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"