Ben Barnes IS Jigsaw

Discussion in 'The Punisher' started by Speed Force, Oct 5, 2016.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Why not do something different or better than the War Zone movie?

Again, Mason Verger looked very different in Hannibal the TV series, but the makeup work was still good IMO.

The whole point is that Billy Russo was a vain, petty narcissist. He was full of vanity. The whole point of Frank's actions was so that Russo would have to continue living with a mangled face that would repulse him or the women Russo would try to woo. Russo was begging for him to kill him. Instead, Frank wanted him to live with the shame of having a mangled, deformed face.

Instead, he's just got some scars. His face was not damaged beyond repair, it's still mostly intact.

2. Limonade

Limonade Well-Known Member

I mean we don't know the whole story of this season... which is why, I'm reserving my judgement until I see the product.

A second failed attempt by Russo to kill Castle would cause him to repeat the same mistakes and mangled his face further. He doesn't even look completely crazy like the Jigsaw I know.. he just looks pissed and looking for revenge. I just don't know yet and probably won't know until I watch the new season. I feel people are just jumping on this too soon.

You guys can be completely vindicated at the end of the final episode on Netflix. But without a script on my lap and knowing the full context of the scene... I just don't see this outcry will amount to much this early on.

So on this alone, I'm not completely on the "omg! What is Netflix doing?!" bandwagon just yet.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

The reason this doesn't really fly with me is that it sort of renders their last fight sort of pointless. So it didn't happen and they are going to hold it off this time only this time Frank is REALLY going to jack up Russo's face this time and make sure they can't fix it better at all?

A lot of missteps in the first season. We shall see. For example, Frank quits being Punisher twice.

Also Frank playing surrogate father for Micro's family. They telegraphed Micro's wife hitting on Frank from a mile away.

Second of all, why would that family not even know what Frank Castle looks like? Dude was a publicly and well known vigilante in New York City.

For comparison on TV shows with makeup heavy central characters, here's Richard Dormer on Rellik. He's a detective who was horribly scarred by an acid due to an attack by a serial killer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They'll have to call him Scarface or something like that.

Or maybe he's called Jigsaw because while recovering in hospital, he had to keep himself busy doing jigsaw puzzles.

I bet in every season of the Publisher, Frank's going to smash his face in a mirror and he'll get a few more minor cuts and bruises. :o

5. wampa1

wampa1 Well-Known Member

Most boring superhero ever.

6. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Oh come on, the issue he fought the Grammar Nazi was amazing!

7. Dark Raven

My phone keeps on auto correcting to turn him into the Publisher!

Depends. He might be able to take other people down with his words in print. That can be very damaging. And if he has a personality like J Jonah Jameson, then he might not be so boring.

8. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

The Publisher! Clearing your house!!! :o

9. Dark Raven

If Billy Russo is in such good shape after such severe injuries, can't he go back for a couple more treatments? His surgeon could fix his face completely and make him as good as new.

He certainly does a better job than most of the botched jobs that happen to celebrities who go under the knife.

If Julian McMahon hadn't played the villain in Runaways, he could've played Russo's surgeon. :o

10. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Well-Known Member

it happened in your post in the john wick/death wish thread too haha.