Elon Musk Buys X (formerly Twitter)

NY Times - Elon Musk’s Twitter Role Puts Tesla Board Under New Scrutiny

Since Elon Musk took over Twitter last month, his stewardship of the social network has been marked by turmoil, intrigue and no shortage of questions. Here’s one: How much time is he spending on his job as chief executive of Tesla, the electric-car maker?

Robyn Denholm, Tesla’s chairwoman, testified in court last week that although she did not know the answer, she was not perturbed. “The quantum of time isn’t a measure that concerns me,” she said. “It’s more the results that he’s able to drive.”

But as Mr. Musk has become consumed with Twitter, Tesla is facing a range of threats to its business and its stock price has been plunging. Some corporate governance experts say Tesla’s board needs to ensure that the company has a chief who is not distracted.

“They’re violating their fiduciary responsibility if they don’t address that issue head on,” said William Klepper, a professor of management at Columbia Business School.

Tesla’s board has long been criticized by shareholder groups for lacking independence from Mr. Musk. When Tesla’s stock price was soaring and the company appeared to have the electric-car market mostly to itself, that argument found little resonance.

Now Tesla is facing much fiercer competition, especially in China, a huge market for the company, and it is still contending with supply chain problems and scrutiny of safety issues with its driver-assistance systems. Its stock has plummeted nearly 60 percent from its peak a year ago; since Mr. Musk bought Twitter last month, the S&P 500 stock index has risen 4.5 percent, but Tesla shares are down 25 percent. Mr. Musk has sold roughly $30 billion of Tesla stock this year and last, in part to help finance his Twitter acquisition.

Twitter will be dead by the end of next year, lol. :p

Bloomberg News - Elon Musk Keeps Quoting Elon Musk About His Genius
The Twitter CEO is super impressed—by points he once made as the Tesla CEO. Reality distortion field, anyone?

Popehat: "@chadloder, newly suspended from here, has no idea why he’s suspended. But can’t help but notice it followed IMMEDIATELY a chat between Elon Musk and the vile Andy Ngo, who hates Chad. Not to mention campaign of mass-reporting by some elements of the Right. Trash gonna trash."

Steve Monacelli: "Just yesterday, the account of an antifascist club based in North Texas known for defending LGBTQ+ events against extremist violence was suspended while anti-LGTBQ+ accounts returned to Twitter."

Musk is now banning people just because the previously banned accounts that he has restored doesn't like them.

The Musk road to $8chan and Kiwifarms continues.

John Rogers: "I work in Hollywood, a cesspool of broken people who are yawning voids of need, and I am genuinely stunned at how the last few weeks have revealed VC and grind culture as an even greater expanse of toadying, ego-stroking and narcissistic climaxing."
"The stans? The stans are the same followers that you find everywhere. It's the fact *other rich people* [like David Sacks] are toddling after Musk, giggling like 13 year olds or constantly praising his 5D chess."
"Or the fact the richest man in the world, who is nominally running 3 corporations, will drop everything and preen when a third rate right-winger tells him how awesome he is. This is genuinely revelatory."
"We often argue over whether our version of capitalism is *wired for* sociopaths or *produces* sociopaths. But these men act like children. Does tech capitalism infantilize men, or is the modern tech culture a product of a broken greater culture?"
"Basically, Gramsci prepared me for the Hegemon, but I did not anticipate the Hegemon would be a malevolent, giggling 13 year old who always seems like he's about to sneak away and **** *** in a closet."

Last edited:
ABC News - Twitter faces serious legal threat from ex-employees, experts say
Elon Musk exposed the company to legal peril, experts said.

Carl Quintanilla: "MORGAN STANLEY: '.. we see the situation at #Twitter potentially exposing $TSLA to risk along a number of areas including: (a) consumer sentiment/demand, (b) commercial partnerships, (c) government relations/support; and (d) capital markets support.' [Jonas] " "“.. $RIVN could emerge as a short-term beneficiary of any potential commercial disruption/eroding customer loyalty at Tesla. .. Even if 10% of the unwinding of the ‘Tesla trade’ was re-allocated into other auto stocks... this could have material sector ‘flow’ implications.'" "“.. While difficult to quantify, we believe there must be some form of sentiment ‘circuit breaker’ around the #Twitter situation to calm investor concerns around $TSLA.”" "Tesla shares this year vs. #bitcoin:"

FiPwt2pXwAMg4PJ

You give it that long?

Why would anyone continue to work at Twitter? He's firing them for false reasons so he doesn't have to pay as much in severance. It's so blatant.
I was being generous, lol. :p

A legal ****bomb is on the way from all corners.

Ummm, I don't think he's allowed to do that. Good luck to anyone driving in an area with a lot of Teslas....

All those legal troubles coming etc...when is that happening, when is **** hitting the fan for Musk?
Because honestly, im getting really annoyed at how much high water he and the right wing he caters to gets currently.
His smugness is really getting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"