Elon Musk Buys X (formerly Twitter)

Heh. So Twitter pulled its poison pill cards for nothing. Ah well.

32cc2a3c9b9ee9a5a4dc5424fd1ee3ddddb0e2ab_hq.gif

Looming behind this seemingly laudable objective is the fate of the notorious Twitter account of a certain former American president and likely future presidential candidate. Twitter, as you recall, permanently banned Donald Trump from the service on Jan. 8, 2021, “due to the risk of further incitement of violence” after the Capitol riots.

Musk has said he prefers to stay out of politics, but there are good reasons to suspect a Musk-owned Twitter would reactivate President Trump’s account. Beyond saying at TED that he wants to be “very cautious with permanent bans,” Musk applauded the former president two years ago when Trump supported Tesla’s plans to reopen a California car factory during the Covid-19 lockdown. And in a few recent tweets, Musk appears to embrace the right-wing, Fox News-bingeing perspective on various cultural flashpoints. (“The woke mind virus is making Netflix unwatchable,” Musk tweeted last week.)

These are all reasons why, as Politico wrote, conservatives have embraced Musk as their Twitter savior.

Elon Musk's Twitter and What It Means for Donald Trump Suspended Account - Bloomberg

I love this! Not a fan of Musk but I hate Twitter even more

I’ll just pull out the popcorn and enjoy the s*** storm from the sidelines

Reposting from the lounge: Need to see what his motives are here. Bit worrying that any individual can control mass media like this. I'd prefer if ownership/control was much more diversified for media companies, with no individuals having a significant holding.

Reposting from the lounge: Need to see what his motives are here. Bit worrying that any individual can control mass media like this. I'd prefer if ownership/control was much more diversified for media companies, with no individuals having a significant holding.

If that was possible, Jeff Bezos wouldn't have both Amazon and The Washington Post under his thumb right now. He probably wasn't the first to do so, and probably won't be the last, but we'd be hard pressed to have a group controlling mass media as opposed to just one person.

Should the threatened exodus happen, I feel it will have the same harmful seismic waves shutting down the IMDB boards had on the internet.

Looks like the deal's agreed now, expected to close in 2022.

Oh no

I'll continue to hate Twitter except it might be slightly more

I think Twitter is already a dangerous overrated cesspool but this is going to make it a more dangerous, overrated cesspool controlled by a madman who will almost certainly start abusing his ownership the moment he takes over.

I'm really curious what the end goal is cause I really doubt he paid 44 billion so the average republican could "finally" have voice.

Looking forward to the time when the Elon Musk cult discovers his book "To Serve Man" is a cookbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"