Elon Musk Buys X (formerly Twitter)

Ffs. Just let him back out. This is for the best.

You sign the contract. You either abide the contract, or you face the consequences. Of which, it seems will be a bit higher than expected.

From my understanding... Elon Musk wanted to buy Twitter to impress his followers and show how manly he was with his money using censorship on social media as the reason, and he didn't have the funds to buy it and came up with an excuse about bots to delay it enough for him to try and get a backer to help pay for it. No one wanted to and now here we are.

Nah, this was all about him not being able to be transphobic after his ex left him for a transwoman. This was a mid life crisis. After which, Elon has decided to show his whole ass, and show what his real beliefs are. The kind of beliefs you would expect from a rich white South African.

But if you want some real fun...

TLDR, Musk may be paying a LOT more than a billion for the right to not buy Twitter. The $16 billion number thrown out by smart lawyers makes sense to me.

Ffs. Just let him back out. This is for the best.
To me, it’s not about that. Sure, he’ll probably have to pay the 1 billion, but I’m sure Twitter has lawyers too and if I were them I would go after him for damages to the company and make this way more expensive than the 1 billion.

To me, it’s not about that. Sure, he’ll probably have to pay the 1 billion, but I’m sure Twitter has lawyers too and if I were them I would go after him for damages to the company and make this way more expensive than the 1 billion.

Oh, I think it is going to be a lot more than a billion. Elon really didn't listen to his lawyers, and the Twitter board screwed him royally on the contract he signed. And Twitter kind of has to sue, because while they may not actually want him to buy Twitter, it is in the financial interest of the company to uphold that insane contract that Musk signed.

I am guessing Musk is out at least $10 billion. The billion dollars alone plus whatever else Twitter can squeeze out of him for reneging on a seemingly clear cut contract he readily signed without considering the consequences to.

Somebody's cranky if he doesn't get reinstated on Twitter.

Rolling Stone - Trump Bashes Elon Musk as 'Bull**** Artist' at Alaska Rally
The former president took aim at the billionaire for claiming he voted Republican for the first time last month. “He told me he voted for me,” Trump claimed

3708vqq.jpeg

PzlJV.jpeg

Was it even possible to make twitter a free speech platform?

And I've had buyers remorse before but 44 billion worth? Lmao.

This has to be one of the biggest big business screw ups in history.

Was it even possible to make twitter a free speech platform?

And I've had buyers remorse before but 44 billion worth? Lmao.

This has to be one of the biggest big business screw ups in history.

I would argue the AT&T and WB merger had a large amount of buyers remorse, given how quickly AT&T sold of WB. May be the biggest business screw ups one person has made, though. Even the knock on effects on Tesla is going to be painful.

Love the title change. :D
It could’ve been “Elon Musk pulls out of a business deal; for once“

Please, please tell me we can change the name of the title.

I would argue the AT&T and WB merger had a large amount of buyers remorse, given how quickly AT&T sold of WB. May be the biggest business screw ups one person has made, though. Even the knock on effects on Tesla is going to be painful.
I'll do you one better... AOL and WB. :o

Come on selling Tesla and SpaceX to let this ego trip go further. :o

This recent fighting between Trump and Musk is entertaining.

They're using Musk's own dumbass tweets against him.

Good. The fool needs to see that blasé tweets on subjects like this have consequences. He always seems to think the rules don’t apply to him and accumulates stock without making appropriate disclosures. All this will come back to bite him.

From the Twitter suit: "Musk apparently believes that he -- unlike every other party subject to Delaware contract law -- is free to change his mind, trash the company, disrupt its operations, destroy stockholder value, and walk away"

An actual exhibit in an actual legal filing.

:funny:

Can’t see judges having much sympathy seeing things like this which show such disdain for his legal responsibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"