Emily Swallow as the Armourer

Finally finished season 1, and gottam, she was a total badass in the last episode. She gave me an elder Yuatja vibe, with her adorned helmet and demeanor.

I hope we see her again in Season 2 and she's finished salvaging Nevarro and set up a new covert elsewhere.

If we ever see her unmasked, I think it would really reinforce the whole Mandalorian Creed if she turned out to be a non-human.

I never gave too much credence to the idea that she might be Rook Kast, but after the last episode I could totally buy it now. Especially with the implication that Death Watch is everything we knew them as back in the day.

I think it will always be, if it's on face value mind you and not a twist or something, that she is more or less like a priestess and the one that communicates the "lessons of the faith" as it were and that she, despite the history of the Mandos and the Jedi laid out a moral path for Djarin to follow in living up to their culture's code of ethics.

If I could want more of ANY character on the show... it is her's.

I certainly liked this character and would like to see her again.

Assuming Mando fulfills his mission this season and gets Grogu into the care of a Jedi Master. Would Din return back to find her and his sect? Feels like there's more to explore with the Child of the Watch aspect.

Also next question. Bo-Katan and the other Mando's we've seen seem to have armor that's been around for a while. Din's is new and fresh. Think others will seek her out? Or are there other Armorers out there somewhere creating new?

You can't really trust the Armorer anymore. She's a leader of a cult and terrorist group that came from Death Watch.

They are basically indoctrinating and brainwashing kidnapped children.

You can't really trust the Armorer anymore. She's a leader of a cult and terrorist group that came from Death Watch.

They are basically indoctrinating and brainwashing kidnapped children.

Or... She's someone who has been working on the inside as a fellow foundling like our Mando who now has her eyes open and wants to free others.

I mean... Your scenario is more expected I suppose.

Still... People don't break away from what they were raised in so easily, especially if they find SOME value or meaning in it.

She could easily be a "rebel" and in seeing our Mando with this child burden is finding a use in him to be able to expose how their sect of Mandalorians has lost their way.

This feels like it will come to a head one way or the other. Bo-Katan, the Dark Saber, it all leads one to think the ultimate fate of Mandalore and the Mandalorian culture is what will be in the balance at some point.

Or... She's someone who has been working on the inside as a fellow foundling like our Mando who now has her eyes open and wants to free others.

I mean... Your scenario is more expected I suppose.

Still... People don't break away from what they were raised in so easily, especially if they find SOME value or meaning in it.

She could easily be a "rebel" and in seeing our Mando with this child burden is finding a use in him to be able to expose how their sect of Mandalorians has lost their way.

This feels like it will come to a head one way or the other. Bo-Katan, the Dark sabre, it all leads one to think the ultimate fate of Mandalore and the Mandalorian culture is what will be in the balance at some point.

Sure, I admit this scenario is a definite possibility. I'm putting forth my theory and predictions.

However, when you look at Death Watch's history and their past actions, and you see that they founded Din Djarin's covert, it calls their whole belief system and their covert's actions into questions.

When you see what Death Watch did to Mandalore during the Clone Wars, is it such a giant leap to believe that Death Watch was behind what happened to Din Djarin's home on Aq Vetina?

That's right into the Death Watch playbook on Mandalore. Make people think you are the heroes and you are the ones saving them when you are the ones who created that very scenario.

And look what happened. The Battle Droids cleansed that village, but Death Watch ended up with a group of loyal new recruits. Young impressionable children who saw these valiant, armored superheroes save their lives who are now taking them in and will teach them "the way."

Considering how shocked Din Djarin was about actual Mandalorians, he was never taught about them. What else did the Armorer not teach Din? What else did she not tell him?

Last edited:
I mean, there is ample evidence she also sided with Maul vs Bo-Katan. Even ignoring the helmet, the "creed, not a race" bit the Mando talked about would imply when the Maul and Vizsla duel went down, she would be okay following the winner.

Assuming she is the cult leader described above, or even a mole for the other side. She is the one who told him to seek out the Jedi rather than terminate Grogu. Din either seeks her out and returns to her though or tries to go on his own. Given that he's been referring to it as a mission I would have to imagine he reports back that his mission is complete.

Then he can start to question everything else in season 3 maybe, and eventually join up with Bo-Katan's people or win the Dark Saber from Moff Gideon. . . . .

Or, just maybe: she's exactly what she seems to be, a leader within a fringe religious movement that has been part of Mandalorian society for a long ass time. Long enough to be quickly and readily recognizable as such by someone who grew up a Mandalorian ( Bo-Katan ). Who, I would note, reacted to Din's words and actions in the manner of someone who recognized them as something rare but known and established.

I really feel like people are inventing conspiracy theories to explain contradictions that aren't even there.

Yea I kind of doubt The Armorer is part of some big conspiracy backstory.

I think the only mystery about her is the ambiguity of whether she

A) Knows that Din has been fed lies and misrepresentations and is willfully in on the cultish brainwashing.

0r

B) Was she just raised to believe it the same as him and doesn't know any better and has been honest and straightforward with him, at least as best she knows how?

I mean, I suspect the usage of coverts, to hide their real numbers, has been in use for a long time, even before the Clone Wars. Mandalorians seem to enjoy civil wars, as there have been at least three in a 40-50 year period. The Children of the Watch probably stayed hidden when the New Mandalorians were in power, and likely joined up with Pre Vizsla and the Death Watch. Din and his covert were on Mandalore, or at least a Mandalorian system, sometime after the Clone Wars, for Gideon to have files on him. Would not surprise me for the Imperials to know every Mando in a covert after the Clone Wars.

I have a hard time putting the Armorer into the fully "good guy" category, much like Bo-Katan, because she was Death Watch, and likely sided with Maul. But, I don't see much need to question how Din Djaren came into their care than what has been shown.

I mean, what "lies" have either of them espoused? "This is the Way"? That's not a lie, that's a difference of religious opinion. "Mandalore is cursed"? Honestly seems pretty accurate given history. "Ancient tales of Jedi"? Absolutely true, and its not like she said "Look in ruins", she told him to go out and find them, as in living ones.

I mean, what "lies" have either of them espoused? "This is the Way"? That's not a lie, that's a difference of religious opinion. "Mandalore is cursed"? Honestly seems pretty accurate given history. "Ancient tales of Jedi"? Absolutely true, and its not like she said "Look in ruins", she told him to go out and find them, as in living ones.
It's more "Lie of omission" that's being speculated in regards to the Armorer as opposed to directly lying. Din was not at all aware of who Bo Katan was or that the helmet rule was not universal among his people, and that shows a pretty significant lack of knowledge of his own people considering how recent it is. Din would've been an adult when the Imperials lost control of Mandalore to Bo Katan during Rebels. The armorer has shown a greater knowledge of their history than Din, it's worth questioning how honest she really is.

Well, if "The Purge" is any indication, then Bo-Katan didn't exactly control Mandalore for very long. But then we go back to the use of coverts for the Children of the Watch cells. Like I said, I am fairly certain that they were in use even before the Purge. So, Din Djarin was not necessarily exposed to the outside world until well into the OT, or even after. Only having one Mando go out publicly is a great way to hide your numbers and your presence. Good for a group that has been on the losing side in a few civil wars.

Yea I kind of doubt The Armorer is part of some big conspiracy backstory.

I think the only mystery about her is the ambiguity of whether she

A) Knows that Din has been fed lies and misrepresentations and is willfully in on the cultish brainwashing.

0r

B) Was she just raised to believe it the same as him and doesn't know any better and has been honest and straightforward with him, at least as best she knows how?

Whatever her true nature is she as much kicked this off as our Mando. Looking at some season one episodes and a couple things stand out. For one she has a lot of sway in that Covert. Is she a "cell leader" or some such? I don't know but she has a high place obviously among them. Enough to use it to break up a fight and it must be noted, in a way that made sure to emphasize Mando's Nona Fidel among the Covert. Then she gives him the mission to return the child to the Jedi or safe keeping I guess, whichever comes first. Then when Mando is surrounded by the guild the Covert rides to the rescue and they all flee. I have to speculate that if the Armorer had voiced opposition to rescuing Mando it would carry a lot of weight. But she did not.

Now you can justify it as simply being "the way" of the Covert. She stood up for Mando as a practical matter of their numbers being small etc. And she sanctioned the rescue in the same manner.

I still think either way it shakes out her true nature and motivations would be interesting to explore with a return to the series at some point.

In a religion that praises armor and weaponry, the one that forges said armor and weapons would obviously be akin to the priest of the religion.

Except their way is not the only way. It's obvious she knows more than she's telling.

092fbb4f1b220042796a478c06f7b153.jpg

the-mandalorian-chapter-3-the-sin-concept-art-mandalorian-clan-1197508.jpeg

b3c7515552cea5fff3f2c1e6792ac0454e3b79f0.jpg

aada4cb2509fa8296c8466eb841def98.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija