The Mandalorian The Mando Armor Power Rankings Thread Spectacular!

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Mandalorian armour. Nothing defines this race of warriors more. But who has the best? The most effective? The most stylish? It's time to rank them. There are no rules for this thread, outside that the armour must be Mandalorian based. Canon or EU, have fun.

10. Gar Saxon's Mauldalorian Armour
AcZsrtF.gif

Affectionally known as the Mauldalorian armour, Maul's Mandos dressed to kill. Gar Saxon being Gar Saxon of course, had to push it all to 111. If you told me Maul was in this beast, I'd believe you.

9. The Armourer's Armour
xQbGhVl.gif

Dovahkiin! The mysterious Armourer looks like she took inspiration from both Skyrim and Clan Wren with her look. It's so fun, unique and Viking, and I can't wait for her inevitable return in it. Especially as we know she has been filling our boy's head with lies.

8. Almec's Armour
VbpiEW0.gif

Seen for mire moments as Bo-Katan utterly destroyed him, Almec took the Mando dictator look to a whole new level. I love the color scheme and how much more ceremonial it looks then most others.

7. Boba Fett's Armour
gKcZN02.gif

The one that started it all. Smooth daddy Boba and his armour are responsible for the very show we are watching. The crude nature of it, makes it imo. This is the armour of a man at work.

6. Ursa Wren's Armour
hZGAuCO.gif

Much like her daughter, Ursa knows how to dress. There is a real Wonder Woman vibe to this with the skirt, and the color scheme is to die for. But my favorite little detail is the ears on the helmet.

5. Gar Saxon's Imperial Super Commando Armour
Tf8JpEV.gif

Saxon somehow had an even more ridiculously awesome set of armour on Rebels. Where in classic Disney Star Wars fashion, they went back to Ralph McQuarrie's concept art to create the Imperial Super Commandos. Their incredibly sleek look screams elegance, an Saxon's red accents make his even more so.

4. Din Djarin's First Armour
CYMioq3.gif

I don't dislike Din's beskar armour. It's pretty neat, and sometimes looks really good. But it is his first armour, all crude and form fitting, that I much prefer it. It wasn't as high performance, but it looked damn good and it got the job done. I admit, I miss it.

3. Bo-Katan Kryze's Family Armour
GMJMgDN.gif

In her family for three generations, Bo's battle worn armour made the transition from animated to live action seamlessly. It feels like it has been in use for a very long time, in a good way. The Nite-Owl paint job is distinctly gorgeous, as is the general elegance of the design.

2. Jango Fett's Armour
sxCHd2C.gif

Boba's might have been the first, but Jango's take became the template. Shiny and chrome, rocking two different jetpacks, his twin blaster pistols and his multi-use vambraces, Jango's armour was perfect from the word go.

1. Sabine Wren's Armour
dPImHfd.gif

No other Mando's armour or general look has evolved as much as Sabine's. She started Rebels as mostly a helmet and the most awesome paint job. By the end she had it all. The jetpack, the vambraces, way too many belts. Outside of perhaps Vader, no character has armour with as much personality as Sabine's. I can only hope we see this beauty in live action one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy you finally learned how to spell armour instead of succumbing to American anti-u bias.
10. Almec
9pB6Q9o.jpg

9. The Armourer
67d28b97-8b45-4538-b82a-54564cdf9176-the-mandalorian-the-armorer-emily-swallow-1576510182.jpg

8. Ursa Wren v1
lTuCNXD.jpg

7. Whoever this guy is
nZE5r4t.jpg

6. Sabine Wren v5

agtI82o.jpg

5. Gar Saxon (Imperial Supercommando)
v6Exg2s.jpg

4. Ursa Wren v2
ysV1eOb.jpg

3. Sabine Wren v3
(Yeah, I can put her in here twice. Be thankful it's not three times.)
8mLZIUO.jpg

2. Bo-Katan Kryze
CpCHBb7.jpg

1. Sabine Wren v4
zCtAb0k.jpg

Oh wait, no, look at that, three.

*cough* I feel like people are jumping waaaay ahead of known facts in declaring the Smith to be some kind of devious mastermind manipulator. Given the way Bo-Katan reacted, I would say by far the most likely story is "The seeming fanatically devoted leader of a fringe religious cult, actually is the fanatically devoted leader of a fringe religious cult".

Also, I tend to think the shiny armor ranks tops, mostly because it is the visual icon of Din Djarin literally becoming, and continuing to be, a Knight In Shining Armor.

These great subject intro threads are the only reason we keep you here Darth. :D

I hope there are a bunch of new armour entries as more seasons of Mandalorian stack up. There are many places this show could go. Seeing the get up of Bo Katan and her buddies has certainly boosted my fantasy space armour fetish.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of love for Paz Vizsla's set up which, as someone with a little extra around ye' olde middle... Is probably the best armor I could wear to cover a multitude of sins.

Bonus points? Dude carries the Star Wars version of Old Painless.

latest

PAZ-VIZLA_THE-MANDALORIAN_CHAPTER-3_THE-SIN_STAR-WARS_-1-600x338.png

7529098-9382300532-IMG_1.gif

Can I say... I think I would really like to see Paz come back and have just an episode with him and our Mando. Djarin has learned more than the people who raised him and whom he was raised with either were aware of or that they wanted those under their control to know.

If Mando were to meet up with another that is still dead set in their branch's "way" there's a lot you could mine there, and given we saw that Paz and him have a "history" then Paz being the character to explore this with Mando makes sense.

I'm so happy you finally learned how to spell armour instead of succumbing to American anti-u bias.
10. Almec
9pB6Q9o.jpg

9. The Armourer
67d28b97-8b45-4538-b82a-54564cdf9176-the-mandalorian-the-armorer-emily-swallow-1576510182.jpg

8. Ursa Wren v1
lTuCNXD.jpg

7. Whoever this guy is
nZE5r4t.jpg

6. Sabine Wren v5

agtI82o.jpg

5. Gar Saxon (Imperial Supercommando)
v6Exg2s.jpg

4. Ursa Wren v2
ysV1eOb.jpg

3. Sabine Wren v3
(Yeah, I can put her in here twice. Be thankful it's not three times.)
8mLZIUO.jpg

2. Bo-Katan Kryze
CpCHBb7.jpg

1. Sabine Wren v4
zCtAb0k.jpg

Oh wait, no, look at that, three.
One, this agenda against Armorer will not stand!

Second, I forgot one of my absolute favorites somehow. Boba's first appearance look might actually be the GOAT:

3wspwBm.jpg

fjleStr.jpg

And everyone's favorite
Concept all white prototype armor, ...with killer Star Wars beach towel Serape!

giphy.gif

Likley the moment when the- I can now never remove my helmet in public - edict of shame began.

I believe his signet is the toppled sandcastle and crying child .

Last edited:
Now... I'm sorry, but... Some character in the SW universe now has to go around with a SW beach towel as part of their costuming, and no one ever mentions it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"