Sequels End the MCU with the most of the same actors still present or continue with new ones?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
I wasn't sure on where I should put this, so I thought it could be in this thread for now.

Given on how everyone's contract that's been involved in the MCU films will be expired by the time Avengers 3 and their own solo third films hit the screens, I've always wondered:

Should the MCU continue going but with recasting their characters and not have a endpoint like franchises such as Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Wars, and The Dark Knight have had?

Would everyone be willing to accept Marvel Studios continue to make more films within the MCU and move on with the characters that will have been well established by the time phase three hits with having new actors replace them for a Phase 4?

I've often said on how I worry that the quality of the MCU may risk deteriorating in the same way that the X-Men Franchise and many other franchises have suffered whenever the studio kept pushing for more films in hopes of making more money as opposed to caring about the quality of their films.

Also, I wonder at times on how the GA will react, let alone on how it'll affect the BO, when every major character that's been established for three phases are replaced due to their contracts being over.

Bond it of course. The story is bigger than actors.
And, really? A question containing the word 'or' and you can answer 'yes' or 'no'?

I chose yes because it's my answer to both questions and at the same time it then in fact enforces C to be the correct answer.

I don't know if I would want to see an Iron Man origin story again or Captain America. Thor and Hulk could be done always and anytime. I just wish MARVEL had more money to make other MARVEL movies that didn't tie in with the current Universe. Or make some really good animated movies...oh wait, they are....NOT!

Broken poll....

But no, the MCU does not need to "end" anytime soon, period. These franchises are in perpetuity, and the roles will be recast within continuity. Feige has even said so.

Recast and keep going. At least for another Avengers trilogy. I think eventually a reboot would need to be considered 20-30 years down the road, but in 10 years? I'd rather just see a recast.

I don't see anything wrong with Tony Stark getting older. I know I'm singing to the choir here, and I know it's easier said since I'm not them, but I wish these actors would love there craft and even if they do, love something like a franchise they are involved with and make the necessary sacrifices to help ensure their success. Like take a drop in pay if that's going to help a good thing going. Like ball players holding out for more money etc. They prove what their true goal is. I know that nobody is doing that right now, and I hope it doesn't. But I'd be naive to think that it won't.

I say yes. I am sorry, but seeing someone else as stark, as thor, I amn sorry, but that just doesn't work for me. Though I know chris will be around for a while

Of course just recast and keep going. Anyone who reads comic books should be used to this by now. Feige has already confirmed this plan so might as well get used to Jake Gyllenhal as the new Tony Stark and JGL as Hulk. Or the equivalent.

Oh and Mekhi Phifer as Nick Fury. Unless hed rather play the new Rodey in IM5.

Last edited:
Recast and keep it going once this crew is done but soft reboots will be needed from time to time. Iron Man and Thor and Cap only have so many quality villains.

Of course just recast and keep going. Anyone who reads comic books should be used to this by now. Feige has already confirmed this plan so might as well get used to Jake Gyllenhal as the new Tony Stark and JGL as Hulk. Or the equivalent.

Oh and Mekhi Phifer as Nick Fury. Unless hed rather play the new Rodey in IM5.

:barf:
Wondered if I'd ever get to possibly use this Smilie.

I would stop watching these movies if these three or even one of them played a lead. :funny:

Recast and keep it going once this crew is done but soft reboots will be needed from time to time. Iron Man and Thor and Cap only have so many quality villains.

It's ironic that Iron Man has become the poster boy of the MCU, as I think he has the weakest rogues gallery of the "big 3".

Just don't kill them off every time. Some villains are good for more than one story.
Of course, MS knows that and they have already proven they have no problem reusing villains in a new context.

Just don't kill them off every time. Some villains are good for more than one story.
Of course, MS knows that and they have already proven they have no problem reusing villains in a new context.
Stane's dead, depending on what happens in IM3 Mandarin may or may not be dead too. Beyond Madame Masque and Ghost I don't see many other film-worthy IM villains.

I just think the day they're stuck with using either Blizzard or Melter it's time to do a soft reboot with one of the major villains' deaths/histories instead. They do it in the comics all the time.

Stane's dead, depending on what happens in IM3 Mandarin may or may not be dead too. Beyond Madame Masque and Ghost I don't see many other film-worthy IM villains.

I just think the day they're stuck with using either Blizzard or Melter it's time to do a soft reboot with one of the major villains' deaths/histories instead. They do it in the comics all the time.

Or else they'll do team-ups.:whatever: They really screwed up Whiplash. Maybe he didn't really blow up either. I don't recall actually seeing him die....or did we?

Why do a lot of fan polls have very confusing set ups? It's like...

Q: What age are you?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Sometimes on Pluto

The option should have said 1. End the MCU 2. Continue with new ones.

As it is, I'm not sure what I voted for or what the question is.

Yeah sorry guys for the confusing poll; if I could edit it I would. I thought I had that part thought out but clearly I didn't.lol

I think they should continue the MCU UNTIL they get the rights back to Spider-Man, X-Men & the Fantastic Four, whenever that maybe.

Once Marvel/Disney gets those franchises back they should do a complete series reboot & then "Bond" it.

They'll have to recast at some point, it'll have to be slick though, they can't just run four different franchises that recast randomly destroying the chemistry, camaraderie and momentum. It's gotta be done smart.

They'll have to recast at some point, it'll have to be slick though, they can't just run four different franchises that recast randomly destroying the chemistry, camaraderie and momentum. It's gotta be done smart.

This.

Seems like the only wrench in the current line-up is Downey. His contract is up, and although I'm pretty confident he'll come back for the sequel, Avengers 3 seems doubtful. Assuming he doesn't return, what's that mean for the other franchises?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"