• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Enough Is Enough, And It's Time For A New Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was I jerkish? Did I call you a name? Did I insult you? Did I tell you to shut up or tell you you couldn't say what you wanted?

My opinion is based on the facts that we do know. Can the Rock be in two places at once all the time? Its just like I asked you how can the Rock come back and have multi month long stints when he has Hollywood commitments?

How can he come back and wrestle more when there are insurance issues with studios that have to be considered? This is simple logistics. How is that being jerkish?

Do you think studios are going to wait around on 100 million dollar productions just so the Rock can go off and work for WWE for 3 months? I'm being realistic because I'm looking at it from every angle. Not because I'm basing my opinion on what I WANT to happen. I'd love for the Rock to come back but I'm being realistic and taking everything into consideration.

If Rock signs for a movie and then gets hurt wrestling what happens then? Do you think the studios are going to just be fine with letting him do that?

As for Nell he comes in here and thinks everyone is going to say something bad about him or assume something bad about him before anyone even says anything.

How am I being the jerk when you were the first one to hurl an insult?

i said you were being jerkish not that you were a jerk - you can be jurkish in the way you write things without calling me a name

the rock isnt signed to one movie studio, there is just as much likelihood of him getting injured in action scenes for other movies than a light wwe schedule, studios will be insured for this, he managed it in his early movie career easily enough

you ASSUME (and then claim it is fact - without any actual facts and just your assumptions) that they cant insure him from this. you use a frankly childish and ridiculous example of him being unable to be in 2 places at once, and word it in a way that makes it look like thats what i meant when it is clear as day I mean in between movie roles and other commitments, Im not suggesting he does this instead of a movie role but in between projects, you ASSUME he is fully booked for 365 days a year for some bizarre reason, can you please stop posting your ASSUMPTIONS as FACTS when they are clearly NOT (yes I am now mocking your condescending way of capitalising random words to try and emphasize made up FACTS)

he has managed to spend the last month and a bit doing wwe appearances so im not sure why it is so preposterous that he will ever find the time to do month long stints ever again - but then again you seem to be privy to information about the rocks hollywood schedule that I am not

Suggestion for the new thread name:

May I have your attention please, I have received an Email from the new Thread Manager Thread

Last edited:
i said you were being jerkish not that you were a jerk - you can be jurkish in the way you write things without calling me a name

And I'm jerkish even though you were the first one to make a personal insult/comment about me?

the rock isnt signed to one movie studio, there is just as much likelihood of him getting injured in action scenes for other movies than a light wwe schedule, studios will be insured for this, he managed it in his early movie career easily enough
Theres more of a chance of him getting seriously injured in a wrestling ring than on a movie set. On movies actors have these things called STUNTMEN. Rock has no stuntman in a WWE ring. And if you remember some of his earliest movies also had WWE involvment. As time went on he wrestled less and less to the poitn that he didn't wrestle at all for almost 7 years. What a slight schedule? One match per year? If thats it then thats reasonable but otherwise...you aren't going to see him doing 3 months out of the year wrestling.

If you want the question asnwered just go on the guys facebook and ASK him if he'll come back for a "light" part time schedule of 3 months out of the year.

Doesn't matter if its one movie studio. I'm talking about ANY and all studios that want to hire him to work on a movie. And he's already signed for movies that he hasn't even officially begun to shoot yet. Do you think the studios want to take the risk of him getting hurt? The more he wrestles the more the chances of that happening increase.

you ASSUME (and then claim it is fact - without any actual facts and just your assumptions) that they cant insure him from this.
How is it an assumption that he has a movie career? That is a FACT, Or have you been living under a rock for the past decade? The Rock has other commitments besides wrestling. FACT. That is something he has to consider when he does anything for WWE.

you use a frankly childish and ridiculous example of him being unable to be in 2 places at once, and word it in a way that makes it look like thats what i meant when it is clear as day I mean in between movie roles and other commitments, Im not suggesting he does this instead of a movie role but in between projects,
You DO know there are other things dealing with movies that go on besides the actual filming right? Theres preparation before, there is post production after, theres promotion. Even when he's finished with the actual part he still has other things he has to do. And promotion can take him to the other side of the world.

You say he can come back for 3 months when thats a big chunk of time he has to negotiate around and he certainly can't be wrestling much during that time.

And even when he's not doing movies is always in negotiation and preparation for other roles. A studio is not goign to want him to take long stints where he can put himself in more personal risk than needed if they want to sign him. They want to know they can have an actor or star they can depend on to be ready if they do sign him. But you just seem to want to ignore that.

you ASSUME he is fully booked for 365 days a year for some bizarre reason, can you please stop posting your ASSUMPTIONS as FACTS when they are clearly NOT (yes I am now mocking your condescending way of capitalizing random words to try and emphasize made up FACTS)
How am I making up the FACT that the man has a career outside or wrestling? Once again you are going on the personal attacks while calling me the jerk or mocking me, which you admit you are doing.

he has managed to spend the last month and a bit doing wwe appearances so im not sure why it is so preposterous that he will ever find the time to do month long stints ever again - but then again you seem to be privy to information about the rocks hollywood schedule that I am not
Thats because he had months or even years to keep his schedule clear for this return and MOST of those appearances were in the last few weeks for promotional purposes....not actual wrestling.

And when he was actually performing as a character on WWE tv most of what he did was TAPED...not live.

I'm not privy to the Rocks Hollywood schedule...but I know its not all as simple as you make it out to be. You seem to think he can just make a movie and come back to WWE then make a movie and come back to WWE in quick fashion when its not as simple as that. The guy has to make sure he can work it into his schedule and plan for it in advance

Last edited:
Suggestion for the new thread name:

May I have you attention, I have received an Email from the new Thread Manager Thread
Love it! Plus only actual wrestling fans will understand it and know where to find us.:cwink:

Jim Ross published a new blog on his official website today discussing topics coming out WrestleMania weekend. Highlights are as follows:

Announcing again for WWE: "I'm not sure when I will be back for another announcing appearance but will embrace any opportunity to do what I love."

Calling the final matches at WrestleMania XXVII: "Announcing at WM27 was an adrenaline rush but I'll admit that I was rusty and had plenty of pre-match anxiety as I would have liked to have been able to prep more. Plus, one never knows after a long absence from WM's just how one will respond in the heat of battle."

WWE's one-year build towards The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XXVIII: "The journey between now and WM28 in Miami could well be very compelling especially considering that a main event has already been tabbed. I have no issue whatsoever in dubbing a main event a year in advance because that provides fans with a destination and hopefully the journey to the destination will be full of twists and turns."

Watching the premiere of Tough Enough alongside Steve Austin: "I hear that the upcoming episodes are much more compelling that the first, of which I thoroughly enjoyed."

His post can be accessed here. Ross also noted that WWE Hall of Famer Abdullah the Butcher needs a hip replacement.

Some WWE Tough Enough news!

- Steve Austin posted the following on Twitter, regarding Tough Enough and Melina and Alicia Fox…

"Let me bottom line something right now–i meant no disrespect to Melina or Alicia on TE. both women are class acts and hard workers. cheers."

- Tough Enough's debut ratings got some attention from Multi Channel News.

- The Tough Enough Website has posted extra and deleted scenes. One of them includes Matt (M-Dogg 20) running into CM Punk. You can check that out here.

- From Rudy Garcia and Pwinsider.com: If fans Of VH-1 reality series thought that the Tough Enough house looked familiar it's because it is. It's been used previously for the VH1 Reality Show Tool Academy, The same show Florida independent wrestler Chasyn Rance was a part of.

-- It was announced at the end of last night's episode of Red Eye that Mick Foley would be appearing on tonight's show.

The program airs at 3:00 a.m. on the Fox News Channel.

-- Jeremy Borash announced on Twitter that Magnus will debut a weekly chat segment on next week's episode of TNA Xplosion.

-- As reported earlier, there was an altercation between TNA Wrestling performer Matt Hardy and members of the Tough Enough cast at a hotel bar in Atlanta, Georgia during WrestleMania XXVII weekend. While details of the incident have to be disclosed, Reby Sky, Hardy's girlfriend, revealed on her Formspring account that she and Hardy were "banned for life" from the hotel in question.

One WWE source said that if a main roster talent had done some of the things they did, termination would be likely if they were low enough on the totem pole.

source: f4wonline.com

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/304121956.php
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...na-vs.-Fox,-Tough-Enough-House-Note,-More.htm
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/304125197.php

You beat me to it. I wouldn't want to remember it either. :o

:hehe: I'm still trying to forget some of Snoops backstage skit.

Watching the premiere of Tough Enough alongside Steve Austin: "I hear that the upcoming episodes are much more compelling that the first, of which I thoroughly enjoyed."

I enjoyed the first episode myself DeMott hasn't lost his funny and Austin was very entertaining. Austin riding in on the motorcycle seemed so staged even for this kind of show.

Some WWE Tough Enough news!

- Steve Austin posted the following on Twitter, regarding Tough Enough and Melina and Alicia Fox…

"Let me bottom line something right now–i meant no disrespect to Melina or Alicia on TE. both women are class acts and hard workers. cheers."
Even if she had said Melina vs Mickie or Melina vs Beth she wouldn't have looked as stupid. Trish was right there so she could have taken a shot in the dark and said Melina vs Beth...though I don't remember their matches being that great since Melina was still new.

-- As reported earlier, there was an altercation between TNA Wrestling performer Matt Hardy and members of the Tough Enough cast at a hotel bar in Atlanta, Georgia during WrestleMania XXVII weekend. While details of the incident have to be disclosed, Reby Sky, Hardy's girlfriend, revealed on her Formspring account that she and Hardy were "banned for life" from the hotel in question.

One WWE source said that if a main roster talent had done some of the things they did, termination would be likely if they were low enough on the totem pole.

source: f4wonline.com

Oh that Matt Hardy. I thought the Hardy Boys were supposed to be solving cases not causing them?

Last edited:
Rocks been doing taped promos for WWE for years.

I believe he did one for The Battle of the Billionaires and then did another one for the tenth anniversary Smackdown show. He's always been willing to do that even before he came back to WWE live.

He'll just do more...a lot more.

And I'm jerkish even though you were the first one to make a personal insult/comment about me?

yes! the way in which you write your posts is extremely condescending a trait which I associate with being jerkish
Theres more of a chance of him getting seriously injured in a wrestling ring than on a movie set. On movies actors have these things called STUNTMEN. Rock has no stuntman in a WWE ring. And if you remember some of his earliest movies also had WWE involvment. As time went on he wrestled less and less to the poitn that he didn't wrestle at all for almost 7 years. What a slight schedule? One match per year? If thats it then thats reasonable but otherwise...you aren't going to see him doing 3 months out of the year wrestling.

heres that famous metallo charm again, yeah there is more chance but studios will probably insure him or the rock may even insure himself
If you want the question asnwered just go on the guys facebook and ASK him if he'll come back for a "light" part time schedule of 3 months out of the year.

silly point can't really undertand why you felt the need to put this
How is it an assumption that he has a movie career? That is a FACT, Or have you been living under a rock for the past decade? The Rock has other commitments besides wrestling. FACT. That is something he has to consider when he does anything for WWE.
what? re-read what you quoted and think again i havent even suggested he hasnt got other commitments :whatever: you have completely missed the point (again)
You DO know there are other things dealing with movies that go on besides the actual filming right? Theres preparation before, there is post production after, theres promotion. Even when he's finished with the actual part he still has other things he has to do. And promotion can take him to the other side of the world.
yet he managed to find the last 5/6 weeks free to do something.....
You say he can come back for 3 months when thats a big chunk of time he has to negotiate around and he certainly can't be wrestling much during that time.
I never said 3 months in one stint (i dont actually remember saying 3 months at all but perhaps i did)
And even when he's not doing movies is always in negotiation and preparation for other roles. A studio is not goign to want him to take long stints where he can put himself in more personal risk than needed if they want to sign him. They want to know they can have an actor or star they can depend on to be ready if they do sign him. But you just seem to want to ignore that.
you seem to want to ignore i mean a couple weeks here and there and have somehow got it in your head i mean one long stint a year
How am I making up the FACT that the man has a career outside or wrestling? Once again you are going on the personal attacks while calling me the jerk or mocking me, which you admit you are doing.
ye i am mocking you as you post drivel like the first sentence in the above quote - trying to put words in my mouth which i have neither said or insinuated
Thats because he had months or even years to keep his schedule clear for this return and MOST of those appearances were in the last few weeks for promotional purposes....not actual wrestling.
which is what i am saying he could do a couple of each year - you think he was keeping this free in his schedule for years????
And when he was actually performing as a character on WWE tv most of what he did was TAPED...not live.
again not understanding what i mean
I'm not privy to the Rocks Hollywood schedule...but I know its not all as simple as you make it out to be. You seem to think he can just make a movie and come back to WWE then make a movie and come back to WWE in quick fashion when its not as simple as that. The guy has to make sure he can work it into his schedule and plan for it in advance
no - i think he can do pre recorded segments and appearances in between movies and the odd match

either you completely misread/understood most of my post or you are trying to twist my words (again)

im done with you and the childish posts

New Japan Pro Wrestling has revealed top matches and the Intercontinental Title tournament bracket for their "East Coast Invasion" tour May 13-15 in the Northeast U.S.

Notable wrestlers in the tournament to determine New Japan's first-ever Intercontinental champion include MVP, Okada (Okato in TNA) and former ROH wrestler Dan Maff.

-- Also announced is a dream tag match of Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Low-Ki & Homicide on the May 13 show in New Jersey.

-- The special attraction match on May 14 in New York City will be Prince Devitt vs. Low-Ki for the IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title.

-- On May 15 in Philadelphia, the top non-tournament match will be Jushin Liger vs. Kenny Omega for the Jersey All-Pro Lightheavyweight Title.

The following is the tournament schedule and additional matches announced in advance for the tour.

May 13 - Union City, N.J.

-- First Round match: MVP vs. Okada
-- First Round match: Dan Maff vs. Toru Yano
-- First Round match: Tama Tonga vs. Naito
-- First Round match: Hideo Saito vs. Takahashi
-- Tag match: Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Low-Ki & Homicide

May 14 - New York City

-- Semi-final: MVP-Okada winner vs. Tonga-Naito winner
-- Semi-final: Maff-Yano winner vs. Saito-Takahashi winner
-- IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title match: Prince Devitt vs. Low-Ki

May 15 - Philadelphia

-- Finals of Intercontinental Title tournament
-- JAPW Lightheavyweight Title match: Liger vs. Omega
-- Rhino vs. Togi Makabe

Link: PuroresuSpirit contributed to this report.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_49065.shtml

If the Rock wants to not get hurt in movies, he should go back to doing kiddie films. But he's done too many in recent years, that his recent run of action films is a breath of fresh air.

BTW, he needs to be in the Expendables sequel.

And if the WWE ever decides to bring back the Arab American heel, Miss USA would be perfect for that role.

New Japan Pro Wrestling has revealed top matches and the Intercontinental Title tournament bracket for their "East Coast Invasion" tour May 13-15 in the Northeast U.S.

Notable wrestlers in the tournament to determine New Japan's first-ever Intercontinental champion include MVP, Okada (Okato in TNA) and former ROH wrestler Dan Maff.

-- Also announced is a dream tag match of Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Low-Ki & Homicide on the May 13 show in New Jersey.

-- The special attraction match on May 14 in New York City will be Prince Devitt vs. Low-Ki for the IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title.

-- On May 15 in Philadelphia, the top non-tournament match will be Jushin Liger vs. Kenny Omega for the Jersey All-Pro Lightheavyweight Title.

The following is the tournament schedule and additional matches announced in advance for the tour.

May 13 - Union City, N.J.

-- First Round match: MVP vs. Okada
-- First Round match: Dan Maff vs. Toru Yano
-- First Round match: Tama Tonga vs. Naito
-- First Round match: Hideo Saito vs. Takahashi
-- Tag match: Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Low-Ki & Homicide

May 14 - New York City

-- Semi-final: MVP-Okada winner vs. Tonga-Naito winner
-- Semi-final: Maff-Yano winner vs. Saito-Takahashi winner
-- IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title match: Prince Devitt vs. Low-Ki

May 15 - Philadelphia

-- Finals of Intercontinental Title tournament
-- JAPW Lightheavyweight Title match: Liger vs. Omega
-- Rhino vs. Togi Makabe

Link: PuroresuSpirit contributed to this report.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_49065.shtml

Wow!!! Jushin Liger is still alive?

Watched Tough Enough. Some thoughts

• Stone Cold is still a natural, comic gold when he started talking about how he released his bowels when slammed by Yokozuna.
  • Bill DeMott is pretty funny.
  • The women, jesus, where did they get them? :dry: Your one who was eliminated? Melina and Alicia Fox was her favourite ever match, enough said about this fake dimwit. Your one who was saved? There's no way in hell that she has the experience that she claims. The beauty queen? Awful.
  • The men aren't much better. Yes they are head and shoulders above the women but none of them are stars. The guy with the afro....words fail. When Stone Cold showed him how to sell himself and then he tried again, I cringed for the guy. Stone Cold, however, seemed happy with his effort. :huh:
In sum, this show will not produce someone who will establish themselves on the roster. It's just a vehicle to watch the legend that is Stone Cold again, laugh at Bill DeMott & Booker T, and look at Trish. :oldrazz:

I watched and was kind of bored with the contestants. The crowd was said it best on Raw "stun them all" .. Stone Cold's elimination process was amazing though . I was ROFL at his reaction to Ariane. I guess she has a development deal regardless..pitiful.
It's a must watch because of the trainers and can't wait to see what they dish out. Also I love the reaction to Miss USA , the guys were like no way? what year? lol.. I was thinking the same thing ..how did she win.

Watched Tough Enough. Some thoughts

• Stone Cold is still a natural, comic gold when he started talking about how he released his bowels when slammed by Yokozuna.
  • Bill DeMott is pretty funny.
  • The women, jesus, where did they get them? :dry: Your one who was eliminated? Melina and Alicia Fox was her favourite ever match, enough said about this fake dimwit. Your one who was saved? There's no way in hell that she has the experience that she claims. The beauty queen? Awful.
  • The men aren't much better. Yes they are head and shoulders above the women but none of them are stars. The guy with the afro....words fail. When Stone Cold showed him how to sell himself and then he tried again, I cringed for the guy. Stone Cold, however, seemed happy with his effort. :huh:
In sum, this show will not produce someone who will establish themselves on the roster. It's just a vehicle to watch the legend that is Stone Cold again, laugh at Bill DeMott & Booker T, and look at Trish. :oldrazz:

I don't think Austin was happy, just that the other girl was less passionate and he got rid of her.

I'm hoping Matt Cross wins.

Nothing wrong with Trish. Nothing at all.

I don't think Austin was happy, just that the other girl was less passionate and he got rid of her.

I'm hoping Matt Cross wins.

Is that the guy from Mississippi? I thought he was a stand out to me.

And if the WWE ever decides to bring back the Arab American heel, Miss USA would be perfect for that role.

Nah, evil foreigners only work when it's a guy. The only way Rima could work in that situation is to be the evil foreigner's girlfriend who gets "rescued" and sexually liberated by, I don't know, Heath Slater maybe.

Nah, evil foreigners only work when it's a guy. The only way Rima could work in that situation is to be the evil foreigner's girlfriend who gets "rescued" and sexually liberated by, I don't know, Heath Slater maybe.

I noticed there's another One man rock band in the making with that guy Skid Marks.

yes! the way in which you write your posts is extremely condescending a trait which I associate with being jerkish

Again I'm jerkish and your insulting me? Do you realize how hypocritical that is? The "way" I right my posts? If I'm not insulting you how is it condescending or jerkish? You insulted me first, pal.

heres that famous metallo charm again, yeah there is more chance but studios will probably insure him or the rock may even insure himself

Another snide remark. Its a valid issue and not something that can just be brushed off. How do you know a studio would be fine with him insuring himself on a movie? Who's assuming now? I would think they would want as much of a commitment from him that they can get if they sign a deal with him. When 100 million dollars is riding on soemthing I doubt they want to take a chance. Would you?

silly point can't really undertand why you felt the need to put this
what? re-read what you quoted and think again i havent even suggested he hasnt got other commitments :whatever: you have completely missed the point (again)
yet he managed to find the last 5/6 weeks free to do something.....

Obviously you do if you think he can just come in and do 3 months stints from here on out when it took SEVEN YEARS for his return to happen in the first place. And even with his return he hasn't been on ever Raw live or taped for the last three months and he hasn't even wrestled an actual match...and the only match we DO know he has planned is an entire year off. You don't think there are a number of reasons for that?

I never said 3 months in one stint (i dont actually remember saying 3 months at all but perhaps i did)
you seem to want to ignore i mean a couple weeks here and there and have somehow got it in your head i mean one long stint a year

A couple of weeks? He hasn't even done a couple of weeks straight NOW since his return. He's gone several weeks without appearing on Raw live or even taped in some instances. And for any proper feud to be built up its going to take more than a couple of weeks to do it then leave again.

You seem to have gotten it into YOUR head that I said he couldn't come back for the occasional appearance after his program with the Rock when if fact I never said that. I said he could do that over the next few years.

ye i am mocking you as you post drivel like the first sentence in the above quote - trying to put words in my mouth which i have neither said or insinuated
which is what i am saying he could do a couple of each year - you think he was keeping this free in his schedule for years????

i guess you didn't bother to read what I said. I didn't say he was "keeping this free in his schedule for years" I said its it may have taken him years to work this out just right in his schedule. Even he has said he wanted to come back but he wanted it to be the right time and he wanted it to be special. he could just come back ANY time he wanted and do it exactly the way he wanted. Sometimes he was busy and sometimes he wasn't.

The guy signs for film roles MONTHS in adanvce. Sometimes more than one role. Those are called commitments.

again not understanding what i mean
no - i think he can do pre recorded segments and appearances in between movies and the odd match

I said that before you even started posting here so what the hell are you talking about?

either you completely misread/understood most of my post or you are trying to twist my words (again)

im done with you and the childish posts

Good. Get yourself a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz