Thank You Edge - The Wrestling Thread - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sage

The World's Finest
Reaction score
- Bret Hart announced on Twitter that he will be hosting Breakfast Television in Calgary next Tuesday morning.

- WWE Tough Enough trainer Bill DeMott's book "The Last Laugh" is scheduled to be in print soon and available for purchase by the end of May.

- Up until when Edge retired, WWE was planning on holding the Draft in June. The two three-hour RAW shows in June were scheduled to be the Draft and King of the Ring. No word yet on what the other three-hour show will be used for but King of the Ring will still likely take place.

As noted before, WWE has re-written next week's RAW several times already and creative is said to be in a "panic mode" after having to change plans.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- John Morrison spoke with The Miami Herald this week. Here are some highlights:

Changes to his character:
"I think the main reason people take me more seriously now is my beard. I think that is the thing that has made the John Morrison character turn the corner and become looked at as a title contender. As someone people see or could see me in the ring with John Cena, The Rock and Steve Austin, even The Miz. I can’t believe I just said that, but The Miz is there. He is the WWE champion. All those guys were or are at the top for a reason. The more serious attitude, the aggression and the anger is something Johnny Nitro never had and John Morrison had been lacking prior to this year. I think I tapped into some very real things as would any method actor would."

His hopes for WrestleMania 28:
"I love Miami. I’m stoked that we are going there next year. If we are not going to be in Los Angeles, we may as well be in Miami. I love the sun. Next year I hope and expect to be main eventing WrestleMania. I want to come in as WWE champion or world champion or be involved in a WWE championship or world championship match."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/305315799.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/305312565.php

Hart: WWE will always be about wrestling

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has admitted he is confused at the company's decision to distance themselves from the term 'wrestling'.

Last week WWE chairman Vince McMahon ruled that the group's name no longer stands for World Wrestling Entertainment and instructed all employees not to use the W word again.

However, in the second part of SunSport's world exclusive interview with Hart, The Hitman says he can't see why the change has been made.

Hart told us: "I'm kind of scratching my head about that. I don't know that it makes any difference. Wrestling is wrestling. Call it whatever name you want, it's still wrestling.

"I think WWE is synonymous with wrestling. If WWE doesn't stand for World Wrestling Entertainment then what does it stand for? It may be a case of Vince trying to monopolise wrestling even more than he has

"I think a lot of the wrestlers today, judging by the styles they have, they are wrestlers. They are not bodybuilders or powerlifters or strongmen like in the days of Hulk Hogan, where it was more the look.

"The young stars today don't want to be Hulk Hogan. They want to be Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels."

Hart — speaking to Rob McNichol on The One Sided Ring podcast, also talked about the induction of his one-time enemy Shawn Michaels into the Hall of Fame.

At one point Michaels said he wanted Hart to induct him, but Hart said: "I was never asked.

"I do think that Shawn originally had me in mind but I think it just became natural that Triple H would do it. That made the most sense to me.

"I didn't expect to get asked. But I think Shawn did tell me himself that he had a thought of me doing his induction even a couple of years ago.

"I would have been receptive to it. Being honest, I don't think it would be much of a Hall of Fame without Shawn Michaels. I would have had no problem inducting him. He's got every right to be there, too."

After being involved heavily in the build-up to WrestleMania last year, Hart says he is now content with simply loosely being part of the WWE family.

He also revealed that he is keeping an open mind about his future.

Hart added: "If WWE present something to me that sounds fun, I'm all in. To me, I like to give people a few memories that they never thought they'd get.

"Last year, I did something with Undertaker in the ring on Monday Night Raw.

"It was just a few minutes of me and him in the ring, but I loved it. I loved that I could go back and have a few minutes with him in the ring and for fans to have that moment again.

"They are just little moments but I love those little moments."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag.../Hart-WWE-will-always-be-about-wrestling.html

Interesting words by Bret, I figured he would be one of the people that would find this flat out disrespectful.

Man, Bret's attitude sure has changed. About ten years ago I saw him at Canada's Wonderland--and after hearing him talk about Vince, I never expected they would ever have a working relationship again. He flat out hated the guy.

Really sad to see Edge retire. He was one of my absolute favorites. Some of my favorite live event memories were rabidly cheering him in MSG at the height of the anti-Cena movement, and getting yelled at for it by little kids who'd turn around and scream "EDGE STINKS" at me.

I gotta say, if they just caught this recently it's pretty amazing luck Christian got to come back in time for one last E&C reunion before he had to leave. We should all just be thankful they diagnosed him before he got seriously hurt, and appreciate all the great moments he gave us fans.

If there's any silver lining to this, it's that there's a possibility Christian could step up and take his place on Smackdown. The story's built in, and it would get a huge pop if he won the belt against Del Rio for his fallen partner.

Also, it sucks this is how the business works, but when one main eventer falls, another spot opens up. Hopefully someone talented is given the shot to take the ball and run with it. He'll be hard to replace but they need to move on and there's a lot of talented young guys who can grow into that spot

I heard that Bret is going to be on Tough Enough soon. :up:

I heard that Bret is going to be on Tough Enough soon. :up:

I'm really looking forward to that. Tough Enough is a good show but it all hinges on Stone Cold for me. I love the way he reacted to Skidmark .. proud of him for standing up for himself.

Yeah I remember seeing him on the promo for Mondays episode.

Former WWE Star Says John Morrison Should Apologize To Trish Stratus

Posted by PWPIX on 04/20/2011
Former WWE star Sean "X-Pac" Waltman feels John Morrison should apologize for his unprofessional conduct towards Trish Stratus at WrestleMania XXVII.

"I think he should be ashamed," Waltman wrote on Twitter. "I think he owes Trish a public apology, and deserves to be in doghouse. Total ********."

He continued, "I lost a lot of respect for Morrison over that. He may not care, but he f'n should."

The former WWE Women's Champion stated during a radio interview two weeks ago that Morrison gave her the cold shoulder during their post-match celebration. She also said that he rejected her suggestions during pre-match planning.

Company sources indicate that he and/or his girlfriend Melina believe Stratus took the WrestleMania spot away from the Diva regular, hence Morrison's behavior towards her.

Those on Morrison's side say as he was laying out the match with Stratus, she was insisting that her trademark spots be featured, which led to his resentment. The complaint was that Stratus wanted to be the "star" of the match when its intention was for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to garner mainstream attention for WWE. Also, the match was also under extreme time constraints and Morrison should have been treated as a rising star as opposed to "just another guy."

While Stratus is generally regarded well behind the scenes, she has had her share of detractors over the years. She was not popular during her early years in the promotion and there have been complaints of her being arrogant, self-centered and phony. Former WWE announcer Kevin Kelly, who worked with Stratus from 2000 to 2003, was particularly negative towards her during a 2007 "shoot" interview and alleged that she engaged in a sexual relationship with Vince McMahon. Stratus also received a lot of heat from WWE officials for refusing to participate in the 25-Diva Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXV. She reportedly declined working the match because she was not guaranteed she would win. More recently, Stratus drew the ire of numerous Divas as they believe she "took their spots" at WrestleMania XXVII.

---------------

It would be an interesting twist if Trish really was being difficult to work with but did she even get a spot at WM , I don't remember . Trish was right not to compete in that diva rumble though, a complete abomination.

welcome to the soapoperaentertainment mania - the wrestling thread

Damn there sure are alot of bitter ex-WWE wrestlers out there!

Former WWE Star Says John Morrison Should Apologize To Trish Stratus

Posted by PWPIX on 04/20/2011
Former WWE star Sean "X-Pac" Waltman feels John Morrison should apologize for his unprofessional conduct towards Trish Stratus at WrestleMania XXVII.

"I think he should be ashamed," Waltman wrote on Twitter. "I think he owes Trish a public apology, and deserves to be in doghouse. Total ********."

He continued, "I lost a lot of respect for Morrison over that. He may not care, but he f'n should."

The former WWE Women's Champion stated during a radio interview two weeks ago that Morrison gave her the cold shoulder during their post-match celebration. She also said that he rejected her suggestions during pre-match planning.

Company sources indicate that he and/or his girlfriend Melina believe Stratus took the WrestleMania spot away from the Diva regular, hence Morrison's behavior towards her.

Those on Morrison's side say as he was laying out the match with Stratus, she was insisting that her trademark spots be featured, which led to his resentment. The complaint was that Stratus wanted to be the "star" of the match when its intention was for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to garner mainstream attention for WWE. Also, the match was also under extreme time constraints and Morrison should have been treated as a rising star as opposed to "just another guy."

While Stratus is generally regarded well behind the scenes, she has had her share of detractors over the years. She was not popular during her early years in the promotion and there have been complaints of her being arrogant, self-centered and phony. Former WWE announcer Kevin Kelly, who worked with Stratus from 2000 to 2003, was particularly negative towards her during a 2007 "shoot" interview and alleged that she engaged in a sexual relationship with Vince McMahon. Stratus also received a lot of heat from WWE officials for refusing to participate in the 25-Diva Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXV. She reportedly declined working the match because she was not guaranteed she would win. More recently, Stratus drew the ire of numerous Divas as they believe she "took their spots" at WrestleMania XXVII.

---------------

It would be an interesting twist if Trish really was being difficult to work with but did she even get a spot at WM , I don't remember . Trish was right not to compete in that diva rumble though, a complete abomination.

The 25 Diva Battle Royale was crap but my problem with Trish saying no was that I always wondered if she said no because she wasn't going to be featured as the "star" or as the one to win it.

Even if it was terrible why couldn't she come back and help out the company that MADE her when they needed a favor? She didn't need the win. Sh** they already let her RETIRE winning the womens championship. What more does she want?

Even Victoria put her bad treatment by the WWE aside and came back to fill a spot. Same with Molly Holly. WWE needed help and to those women it didn't matter if they weren't the winner.

About the only reason I can agree with Trish on not doing it is because Santino won and it was a slap in the face to all the divas.

But really the ONLY woman who had any kind of LEGIT reason to tell WWE to f*** off when asked about the 25 Diva Battle Royal was Wendi Richter. Vince had balls the size of grapefruits to even ask her to come back for that after what he did to her.

The 25 Diva Battle Royale was crap but my problem with Trish saying no was that I always wondered if she said no because she wasn't going to be featured as the "star" or as the one to win it.

Even if it was terrible why couldn't she come back and help out the company that MADE her when they needed a favor? She didn't need the win. Sh** they already let her RETIRE winning the womens championship. What more does she want?

Even Victoria put her bad treatment by the WWE aside and came back to fill a spot. Same with Molly Holly. WWE needed help and to those women it didn't matter if they weren't the winner.

About the only reason I can agree with Trish on not doing it is because Santino won and it was a slap in the face to all the divas.

But really the ONLY woman who had any kind of LEGIT reason to tell WWE to f*** off when asked about the 25 Diva Battle Royal was Wendi Richter. Vince had balls the size of grapefruits to even ask her to come back for that after what he did to her.

Keep in mind, a lot of what you're stating there are secondhand claims made by disgruntled ex-employees and vague claims for "inside sources." A lot of it doesn't make sense to me, because someone who behaves in such a toxic manner would never be welcomed back to the WWE so many times. And really, it makes it sound like JoMo was defending Snooki's role in the match over Trish, which again makes no sense.

Trish has been subject to a lot of malicious whisper campaigns from the lockerroom, I suspect because she's one of the only divas who had a firm policy of never dating another WWE employee. Good for her. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"