Arrow Episode 19 Unfinished Business Rate & Review Thread

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
:yay: I think this one was an improvement from last week.Alot more suited-up Ollie scenes.I have to admit being a bit disappointed that The Count wasn't the actual villain,(and that he looks like he won't be in the near future.)But,the action was good and intense.

I liked the growing antagonism between Tommy & Det.Lance,but it seemed like the rift between Ollie & Tommy was a little rushed.At least it wasn't over Laurel. I'm going to be sad to see Tommy's apparent decent to the Dark Side.

The island stuff was great.And some great buildup to next episode's showdown between Dig & Deadshot.But really,another break?C'mon,you're killin' me!

Last edited:
Pretty good ep. I like Tommy, so I like seeing him get some screentime and I really enjoy his relationship with Ollie. Totally awesome how he had the basement set up - but how did he do it without revealing the Hood stuff to anyone. I mean, it's not like he could move all that stuff himself. I'm very sad that he went to Satan at the end of the ep - that won't end well. And I want him to make up with Oliie and not be a bad guy. But he's got a destiny, so I will be disappointed. And Quentin - he got played by Tommy - we really need to see this guy do something impressive so he doesn't come off as a total incompetent.

I also like the Laurel/Quentin dynamic. I enjoy seeing them on-screen together.

It was nice to see Digg doing his own thing a bit - nice to remind the audience he has a life and his whole life isn't just about being Oliver's assistant. Carly didn't look happy when he left though - I hope this isn't the start of "duty keeps him from having love" for Digg since we've already got that for Oliver. Really, though, it hasn't been that long since he killed someone - did so in the second episode before fighting China White, right?

Trying not to rate this one like grading a school paper. I enjoyed it, but it didn't really wow me. I guess the tag with Tommy at the end might be favored by some, but it just makes me sad, because I like him. There was at least some lead-up to it, though, since Tommy and Oliver were having issues earlier in the episode. But last-scene revelations work better some times than others (I liked it in the pilot revealing Moira's part, and it was good when Oliver confronted her, but Felicity going to Oliver with the book was another not-great one to me), and I hope they don't use the last-scene-biggie too often. It gets old. Not nearly like faux-cliffhangers, but still a bit much, to me.

Damn, Slade and Shado were REALLY getting into it there. It was hilarious how they treated Island Ollie as this whining toddler in desperate need of potty training.

I thought this episode was ok. It was pretty obvious who was behind it all from the start.

Tonight was good I thought. I absolutely love Shado and her sparring scene with Slade was great. I got a sense as well as to who was behind the whole plot but still enjoyed how it played out. Also looks like Tommy may be making his first step to the dark side? Will be interesting to see where the Merlyns go from here.
Shado doing yoga was nice.

Oh so very. :o

Much better than last week. No Thea, Moira, and Roy. If Detective Lance did anything, it was driving a wedge between Oliver and Tommy. This caused Tommy to quit Oliver's nightclub and go to his father for a job thus setting off his turn to the dark side. I'm glad they didn't repeat the Smallville problem where Clark and Lex became enemies over Lana. Oliver and Tommy became enemies over their secrets.

The storyline with Diggle shows that he has a life of his own that doesn't revolve around Oliver. His and Felicity's ideas of right and wrong do have an impact on Oliver, who may be reflecting it back at Diggle.

The island flashbacks are more interesting with Oliver, Shado, and Slade, who may be the island equivalents of Oliver, Dinah Laurel, and Tommy. I hope that Shado, Slade, and Yao Fei will be in the present as these flashbacks must pay off down the road.

The island flashbacks are more interesting with Oliver, Shado, and Slade, who may be the island equivalents of Oliver, Dinah Laurel, and Tommy. I hope that Shado, Slade, and Yao Fei will be in the present as these flashbacks must pay off down the road.

If anything, I've always assumed that they reminded me more of Oliver, Slade, and Shado being more like the present Day version of Oliver, Diggie, and Felicity.lol

Plus, I don't see Slade caring if Shado ends up having a thing with Oliver.haha

I'm starting to wonder though if they'll actually go for five seasons of this show, with each season showing one of the five years that Oliver spent on the island since it doesn't seem like the flashbacks will be ending any time soon this season.

I'm starting to wonder though if they'll actually go for five seasons of this show, with each season showing one of the five years that Oliver spent on the island since it doesn't seem like the flashbacks will be ending any time soon this season.

They already said that's their plan and that [BLACKOUT]the last scene of the show will be the opening scene of Episode 1.[/BLACKOUT]

If anything, I've always assumed that they reminded me more of Oliver, Slade, and Shado being more like the present Day version of Oliver, Diggie, and Felicity.lol

Plus, I don't see Slade caring if Shado ends up having a thing with Oliver.haha

It could be that triangle of Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle as well.

I agree with Gotham Knight that they will end the series with Oliver getting off the island like they did in the pilot. I just hope they don't spend too much time with it at the expense of the present day, where he needs to progress towards being the hero from the comics.

Same with Dinah Laurel Lance as well as I don't see any progression from her at all this season. Almost everyone else - Diggle, Felicity, Tommy, Thea, Roy, Malcolm, and Moira - are moving forward.

There were a lot of awesome Green Arrow moments.

Exploding trick arrow.

Three arrow moment. So badass.

Also, I finally have no problem with Amell's acting. He's great now. This guy deserves to do movies.

I always thought Amell was really good in the role

What do you think of the Superior Justin Hartley though... his costume, shinier, more blonde hair, the scream Mask voice changing thing he uses and those strange Ibiza style Shades. I think ultimately Hartley was the best especially with that shiny uniform

They already said that's their plan and that [BLACKOUT]the last scene of the show will be the opening scene of Episode 1.[/BLACKOUT]

Interesting...

I'm assuming then if that's the case that when we do see Slade in the present day, it'll be during the season when we get the flashbacks shown of how Slade and Oliver had a fallout at the island at the same time.

What do you think of the Superior Justin Hartley though... his costume, shinier, more blonde hair, the scream Mask voice changing thing he uses and those strange Ibiza style Shades. I think ultimately Hartley was the best especially with that shiny uniform

Well their acting aside, when it comes to the execution and characterizations of their characters, I feel like it's more believable to me that someone like Amell's Arrow could survive fighting crime in the streets with the fighting style that we've seen of him along with the amount of arrows that he has.

With SV's Arrow, he was only shown to ever carry three arrows at the back of his outfit and he wasn't shown to be that great of a fighter.

I like the different voice Amell uses for Island Ollie and Present Ollie.Reminds me of Reeve's different Clark & Superman voices.Nice touch.

They're totally different characters. It'd be like comparing Dean Cain to Tom Welling. I will say I'd rather have Arnell's Ollie looking after my back but I'd choose Hartley to go out clubbing with and picking up girls. He was just cooler but not as vigilante.

I like the different voice Amell uses for Island Ollie and Present Ollie.Reminds me of Reeve's different Clark & Superman voices.Nice touch.

I was thinking the same thing!

Im really interested in the Ollie Shado relationship and where thats gonna go...dont they have matching tattoos?

I was thinking the same thing!

Im really interested in the Ollie Shado relationship and where thats gonna go...dont they have matching tattoos?

Well let's just hope that it doesn't end with Shado following her comic counterpart in raping Oliver and getting pregnant from it.lol

I was initially wondering if she'd end up having been on Fyers side all along (deceiving her father). Not sure what I expect now. I'm in the minority in thinking Oliver will stay on the island (because the voice-over said he was stranded on the island for five years and I think it's cheating to lie to the audience in the voice overs), but that would mean a lot more visitors there through the five years. And if those visitors don't die, the they have to be unwilling/unable to notify Oliver's family that he's alive or attempt to go back for him.

Based on the matching tattoos and the very little source material I know and this being the CW, I'd expect something romantic to happen between Shado and Oliver, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it - he's already had four love interests this season. A kid would make things very messy. Which could be good or bad for the show, I guess. I don't think it's the more likely plotline, but it's possible, of course. Right now I'm not really expecting the island characters and the Starling City characters to meet, but later in the series it's almost inevitable that an island character will pop back into Oliver's life.

I thought last nights episode was great, up there with odyssey and the first one with dark arrow, imo. I loved the twist, and the count was played perfectly, he didn't come off nearly as hammy this time around. I can't wait for him to break out and be a threat to GA, now that he's fully unhinged (and the fact that it was Arrow that made him unhinged could set up a batman/ joker type relationship between the two).

Right now I'm not really expecting the island characters and the Starling City characters to meet, but later in the series it's almost inevitable that an island character will pop back into Oliver's life.

I agree with you. In the middle of the season, I thought about a possible and future return of island characters. I don't know if there is a link between the island and the people who is on the list. That's a mystery yet. I would like to see Shado coming in Starling City, maybe in season two. Slade is recurrent so he could visit Oliver too.

I finally got cable&DVR after 5 years and so this was the first episode I've seen,I liked what I saw and much better than I expected

Amell is growing into Green Arrow similar to how Andy Whitfield (RIP) grew into Spartacus.

Solid episode, I liked the development with Ollie and Digg and his training with Shado on the island. I was hoping it would be a bit longer before the cracks in the Ollie and Tommy friendship surfaced.

I thought this episode was ok. It was pretty obvious who was behind it all from the start.

Especially if you saw the recent sizzle reel from Wondercon. :D

Same with Dinah Laurel Lance as well as I don't see any progression from her at all this season. Almost everyone else - Diggle, Felicity, Tommy, Thea, Roy, Malcolm, and Moira - are moving forward.

There hasnt been much for her, but it aint so bad. Other supporting characters too havent had much progression either, unless progression means waiting on Ollie hand on foot:whatever: (Diggle, Felicity).

Anyway back on Laurel,The actress really is the one who has shown no progresion at all season in her acting. The writing has moved a bit. The actress however is still as terrible as she was 19 episodes ago maybe even worse. She brings no life, nor personality to the character, unless they do something to rid of this awful actress there isnt going to be much progression at all with the character:doh:. She is the weakest link right now and its because of a collective effort of: writing+actress. Right now its mostly the actress.

Superior? really...

Amell is growing into Green Arrow similar to how Andy Whitfield (RIP) grew into Spartacus.

I didnt even know he died, shame RIP.

Last edited:

Agreed. Though based on the interactions at the start of the episode, it's Slade = present day Oliver, Shado = Diggle, and Oliver = Felicity. :woot::woot:

It's not just the voice. It's how he carries himself that sells it. Island Oliver looks and feels very much like an unintimidating, harmless dork and nothing at all like Hooded-up Oliver. Props to Amell for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"