Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Well. Took long enough to get an actual, full blown trailer! Definitely looks more comedic than past seasons and even the movie.

Interesting that they point out not doing the 60s and 90s which, valid, if they did a 90s series, maybe it could be set during or even after the events of the movie? Even though I think that Fargo has gone on for quite some time, I can't say I'd consider any season bad. Even Season 3, which I like, but just as much as the first two.

I care more about stories than the time periods. :)

Off to a solid start with these two episodes. I got some real No Country for Old Men vibes from that entire sequence at the service station.

Enjoying the new season so far, honestly did not expect their to have some 'horror vibes' , I mean episode 3/4 just feels like it's straight out of a Robert Eggers film.

I've always loved these seasons, you never know what to expect and this one is no exception. :) So many wacky characters, especially loving the Sin Eater hitman.

Man, the past two episodes have been really unsettling to watch also hoping Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh get nominated for their performances

Excellent season. Juno Temple and JJL are the standouts but my God, I never thought I could hate Jon Hamm and Joe Keery so much. Also loving Richa Moorjani; great role for her and a total change from her character in Never Have I Ever. Oh, and I need Sam Spruell to play Frankenstein’s monster in a movie at some point.

Holy ****, this season might top s2 for me.

'As if to steal... is a man's lineage.'

Might be the best Dr*mpf commentary, post 2016.

Hawley is going next level. Especially the extra rise of heart due to Dot, Wit, and Indira,

Certainly needed with how dark this season, and overall how dark Fargo gets.

Been catching up on S5 ahead of the finale. This is excellent. We'll see how it wraps up, but it's probably my favourite season. The casts are always great, every year, however there are just so many great characters this time around to passionately love and/or hate.

I would say it's probably in the top three at least. Easily clears Seasons 3 and 4, but still doesn't hold a candle to Seasons 1 and 2.

Man, the past two episodes have been really unsettling to watch also hoping Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh get nominated for their performances
Seriously! This season is one of my favorites! :)

This season ended perfectly! Very well done and almost as good as the first season. :D

After that finale, I'm more confident in saying it's a solid third place behind Seasons 2 and 1. This season didn't really have dangling plot threads, but I do think this finale went by a bit too fast, and I think that
Witt dying
was unnecessary, but thematically I get why it happened. But overall, very good season. I can't wait for news of Season 6 in about four years!

S2 | 11/10
S1 | 10/10
S5 | 10/10
S3 | 9/10
S4 | 8/10

Great conclusion. Last shot was priceless. I find it hard to rank the seasons, but 5 is certainly my favourite of a very strong run.

I was actually a little disappointed in the finale. I feel that last scene dragged too long and would’ve been much more effective without the final pieces of dialogue which were so on the nose (sin and forgiveness) and not needed. Just the visuals of passing the bread and his face would’ve been enough and stronger.

That said, loved the season as a whole.

I really liked this season. I felt it wrapped up pretty well all things considered. Juno Temple and Jon Hamm were fantastic, along with the rest of the supporting cast.

I think I may have to go back and try and watch season 4 again. I gave up on it after 2 or 3 episodes a few years back and never went back to finish it.

Finally catching up on the new season, it's so damn good to see be on the level of the first two seasons.

Also I just got to the part where it had the Toxic cover while Hamm was walking.

giphy.gif

Finally have time to catch up on this new season. Two episodes in and I really like it so far, but had to roll my eyes a little at them pulling the "accidentally deleted the photo" bit on a 2019 phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"