favorite anime(s) you've seen (shows or movies)

I'm still new to Anime, but I've really become addicted to Afro Samurai. It's some good ****

I like Dragon Ball Z Kai. It's good seeing some of the good old fashioned anime TV shows on. I was never a fan of Naruto or that kind of stuff. Maybe if I was a little kid I might, who knows?

I like Dragon Ball Z Kai. It's good seeing some of the good old fashioned anime TV shows on. I was never a fan of Naruto or that kind of stuff. Maybe if I was a little kid I might, who knows?

i started watching it but all the voice acting is different than i remember, i don't like some of the voices they changed.

The Guyver (OVA), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Death Note, Gundam Wing, Fist of the Northstar (anime movie), Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Dragon Ball Z.

Current List-

Top 12 Series-
1. Fullmetal Alchemist
2. Eureka Seven
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Samurai Champloo
5. Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig
6. Darker Than Black: Ryusei no Gemini
7. Big O
8. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
9. Detective Conan
10. Macross Frontier
11. Now and Then, Here and There
12. Paranoia Agent

Top 11 Movies-
1. Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heavens Door
2. The Castle of Cagliostro
3. Sword of the Stranger
4. The Dagger of Kamui
5. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
6. Interstella 5555
7. Paprika
8. Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island
9. Spirited Away
10. Ponyo
11. Redline

I've got some series overall I'm not sure on as I haven't finished them or can't remember them, so the list is likely to change.

Last edited:
Evangelion, especially the original ending.

I love Evangelion as well, especially the End of Evangelion movie. You really have to be in a specific frame of mind for it.

I was surprised how much I liked and enjoyed Death Note (subbed).
Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Love (dubbed).
Tekkeman Blade.
Dragonball and Dragonball Z (japanese and spanish).
Mazinger Z, Remi (spanish)

Movies, I would say Sword of the Stranger and Grave of the Fireflies.

Last edited:
I've always had a liking for "Read Or Die !". Yumiko Readman is MY kind of gal !:yay:

Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Neo Genesis Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis, Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Gundam MS08 Team, Ghost in the Shell (and its TV series), Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, Macross Zero, etc.

I really liked Reign, the Conqueror. I know it's a little more American pulp than anime, though.
I Loved Descendants of Darkness. Trigun was okay.

i started watching it but all the voice acting is different than i remember, i don't like some of the voices they changed.

They've edited it like no tomorrow. The dialogue is even more cheesy than it originally was and some of the characters' voices are definitely not the same.
Dragon Ball Z Kai is pretty much a more "Disney-fied" version of Z. I would watch the original episodes to see what they've changed in Kai, and it's quite a bit.

They've edited it like no tomorrow. The dialogue is even more cheesy than it originally was and some of the characters' voices are definitely not the same.
Dragon Ball Z Kai is pretty much a more "Disney-fied" version of Z. I would watch the original episodes to see what they've changed in Kai, and it's quite a bit.

Sorry but you are completely wrong here. Dragon Ball Z Kai is uncut unless you are watching the tv version on nickelodeon. They may have toned down the blood but Dragon Ball Z Kai is 100% = to the Dragon Ball manga. If you have the manga you can literally flip through the pages and see how its the same panel to panel.

All they did was cut out all of filler that was added to the anime, they refreshed the animation. In this version they even kept the Japanese version of Piccolo's "Makennkosappo" attack (spiral beam attack of the devil or light of death). Which had always been dubbed as "Special Beam Cannon" in every NA version, even the "uncuts".

I think this is the truest and most enjoyable animated form of the Dragon Ball Z series and if you're a fan or not you should check it out.

Dragon Ball Z Kai is uncut unless you are watching the tv version on nickelodeon. They may have toned down the blood but Dragon Ball Z Kai is 100% = to the Dragon Ball manga. If you have the manga you can literally flip through the pages and see how its the same panel to panel.

All they did was cut out all of filler that was added to the anime, they refreshed the animation. In this version they even kept the Japanese version of Piccolo's "Makennkosappo" attack (spiral beam attack of the devil or light of death). Which had always been dubbed as "Special Beam Cannon" in every NA version, even the "uncuts".

I think this is the truest and most enjoyable animated form of the Dragon Ball Z series and if you're a fan or not you should check it out.

Ah, I see.. Thanks for letting me know.

Dragon Ball Z movies 1 to 14
Ninja Scroll
Gunslinger Girl
Paranoia Agent
Baoh
Phantom Quest Corp
FLCL
Dagger of Kamui
Samurai Champloo
Animatrix
Read or Die OVA

I'm probably forgetting a couple but I'll post them when I remember.

Also I forgot:

Combustible Campus Guardress OVA
Sol Bianca OVA
Evil Dragon War Chronicles OVA

none of these are available on dvd for some dumb reason.

Top Favorites:
Berserk
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Death Note

Top Comedies:
Detroit Metal City
Desert Punk
Azumanga Daioh

Other Favs:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Elfen Lied
Tenchi Muyo (Universe too)

With a character this bad ass looking, it was difficult for me not to check out Berserk. Who knew I would stumble onto something not only great, but something that for me personally transcended the anime formula and stereotype?

Gattsfull.jpg

Last edited:
if you have netflix in their instant they have a lot of anime and some newer ones i never seen before. gonna have to check some of them out.

SERIES:
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Hunter X Hunter
Samurai X OVA 1
Bleach
Naruto
Captain Tsubasa (all series)
Slam Dunk
Eyeshield 21
Fullmetal Alchemist

MOVIES:
Sword of Stranger