List of all comic based movies

Adam3482009

Civilian
Reaction score
Over the past few months, I've developed a list of all movies that are based on comic media in some form or another.

It may not come off the most organized but I can always edit it if need be. If you guys see anything that's not on the list that should be on feel free to suggest it so that I can include it. For convenience sake, I've started in the early '90's up until now but may make a seperate listing of movies made at an earlier date some other time. I'll copy and paste the legnthy listings I've made so far (made out of no other reasoning than to keep track of what's been developed over the years by Hollywood).

By looking at this list, you can kind of see a trend in terms of how Hollywood treats these properties. Here you go...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1994:
Public:
Richie Rich (a McCauley Cukin movie very loosely based off of the Harvey Comics character of this same name; note that there was a cartoon series from 1980-1984 and later in 1996 that was spun off of the "Richie Rich" character as well)

The Shadow

Marvel:
The Fantastic 4

Independent:
The crow
The Mask
Time Cop
Crumb

Video Game Based (later spun into comics):
Street Fighter

1995:
DC
Batman Forever

Independent:
Tank Girl

Cartoon Based (later spun into comics):
flintstones (huge franchise appearing in comics, strips, and a live action movie based off of a popular TV series)

Mortal Kombat

1996:
Marvel:
Generation X (tv movie)

Independent:
Barbwire (Darkhorse series)
The Crow: City of Angels
Vampirella
Phantom

1997:
Public:
Prince Valiant (movie VERY loosely based off Arthurian type comic strip started in 30's)

DC:
Steel
Batman and Robin
JLA (crappy fan like level TV pilot)

Independent:
Men In Black
Spawn movie

Mortal Combat: Annihilation

1998:
Public:
Richie Rich: A Christmas Wish (a direct to video based loosely after the first movie)

Marvel:
Blade
Nick Fury agent of shield (corny tv movie with hasselhoff)

Independent:
The mask of Zorro

Cartoon Based:
Inspector Gadget (major cartoon of the '80's that hasn't really appeared in very few comic strips but is included because of it's huge impact; for a list of spinoffs that were derived from this, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_Gadget_spinoff_incarnations)

1999:
Hollywood
The matrix (wachowski's influenced by anime like akira and ghost in the shell; I've heard there was a series of web comics that were later printed into 2 volumes by a company funded by the Wachowski's "Burlyman Entertainment")

The Iron Giant (technically based off of a 1968 book by Ted Hughes but seems to have a superheroey theme throughout)

Independent:
Mystery Men
Virus

Anime:
Pokemon movie (too many anime+movies to keep track of so not mentioning after this point; Japan just keeps churning these out and they still seem to be popular over there; although over here I beleive all of them besides the first movie have been mainly direct to video)

2000:
Marvel:
XMen

Independent:
Unbreakable
Heavymetal
The Crow:Salvation

2001:
HollyWood
Josie and the Pussycats (not appear much relation to '70s tv series or archie based comic)
The Tick movie

Independent:
From Hell
Ghost World
Faust: Blood of the Damned
MonkeyBone

Videogame Based (spun into comics):
Tomb Raider

2002:
Hollywood
comic book villains

Marvel
Spiderman
Blade 2

Independent:
Road to Perdition
Men in Black 2 (Malibu comic now owned by Marvel)

Anime+Manga:
Spirited Away

Cartoon Based (later spun into comics)
Scooby Doo (movie based off of popular cartoon show; this cartoon appeared in a variety of strips/comics with some of them being published by DC under the "Johnny DC" imprint)

Video Game Based (later spun into comics)
Resident Evil

2003:
Hollywood:
Matrix 2
Matrix 3

DC:
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (yes the comics are now finally owned by Alan Moore but it was obviously DC pushing for this movie to be made)

Marvel:
Daredevil
XMen 2
Hulk

Indep.
Bulletproof monk
American Slendor
Time Cop 2
Manga
old boy

Videogame Based (later spun into comics):
Tomb Raider Sequel

2004:
Hollywood:
The Incredibles
Aliens vs. Predator
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (Director Kerry Conran developed this concept himself to refelct the pulp influences and golden age comics of the 1930's; there's a complete description of the process behind the films development on wikipedia)

Public:
Garfield (later became a cartoon but originated in comic strip format)

DC:
Catwoman

Marvel:
Punisher
SpiderMan 2
Blade 3

Independent:
Hellboy
Renegade (based on the French based Blueberry comic)

Thunderbirds (not really based off of a cartoon but a popular childrens action/adventure puppett show of the '60's)

Scooby Doo 2

spongebob (another movie released in the theatre only this time in it's original animated form; this is DIRECTLY derived from a cartoon show that on Nickelodean which had little news strips/comics/ect. based directly off of the cartoon concept as well)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

2005:
Hollywood:
Sky High
Aeon Flux

Marvel:
Fantastic 4
Elektra
Man-Thing

DC
Batman Begins
A History of Violence
Constantine
Sin City

Independent:
The Crow: Wicked Prayer
Son of the Mask
El Muerto
The legend of Zorro

Hollywood Based:
Zoom
My Super Ex.
Ultraviolet (starring milla jovovovich; no actual comics RELEASED yet like those shown beginning in the credits sequence I beleive)

Marvel:
X3

DC
Superman Returns
V for Vendetta
The Fountain

Independent:
The Covenant
Art School Confidential
Love Com (Japan film)

Manga
Ichi the killer

Videogame Based (later spun into comics?)
Dead or Alive (there has mainly been only this movie made based off of the videogame series; however, it seems likely that there will be in the near furure probably released as a manga series; the tone of the fighting game has borrowed from Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat in some ways too)

2007:
Hollywood Based:
Aliens vs. Pred. Requiem

DC
Stardust

Marvel:
Spider-Man 3
Ghost Rider
FF: Rise of Silver Surfer

Independent:
30 Days of Night
Painkiller Jane (Tv series for 1 season)

Transformers
TMNT
The simpsons
Alvin and the Chipmunks (another huge cartoon franchise that spun in all directions with a few comics even being published)

Resident Evil: Extinction

2008:
Hollywood Based:
Hancock
Superhero Movie

DC Based:
Dark Knight
Spirit (written by Will Eisner; directed by Frank Miller; DC now publishes new series)

Marvel Based:
Iron M.
I. Hulk
Puni. War Zone

Independent Based:
Hellboy 2
Wanted (written by Mark Miller; published by Top Cow)

Anime Based:
Speed Racer

2009:
Hollywood Based:
Push
T4
Star Trek

Classic/Public based:
Sherlock Holmes

Marvel Based:
wolv.

DC Based:
watchmen

Independent:
Whiteout
Surrogates
kick ass (wanted movie was success so fast track)ed?; note icon comics is owned by marvel yet Marvel doesn't seem to be involved in movie production?)

Anime:
Astro Boy
Dragon Ball Z

transform.2
g.i.

VideoGame Based (later spun into comics):
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun li (actually concept based off videogame but this movie seems to be mainly influenced by Anime over in Japan)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've made a list of television shows inspired by comics. Like the list above I'm starting at 1994. At first I tried putting these in the movie list above but things just got way to complicated so here you go.

I'm putting these TV shows into 4 categories:
-"From Comics" (obviously originating from comics)
-"Shows Premise Deriving from Comics" (self explanatory)
-"Spun into Comics" (originated elsewhere yet later spun into a comic)
-"Loose Connection" (this category I mainly included for no good
reason at all other than to list TV series that aren't connected to
comics yet are connected to other shows that have been spun into
comics)

TV SERIES (note I’m listing series based on the year in which they originally appeared):
1993:
From Comics:
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman:Season 1 (there were 4 seasons all together that ran until 1997)
1994:
Spun into Comics:
Hercules (5 made for TV movies were made during this time as part of Universal Studio’s “Action Pack”; these led into “Hercules: The Legendary Journey’s” TV series)
1)Hercules and the Amazon Women
2)Hercules and the Lost Kingdom
3)Hercules and the Circle of Fire
4)Hercules in the Underworld
5)Hercules in the maze of the Minotaur (a large portion of this
included previews of the upcoming season)
1995:
Spun into Comics:
Hercules:The Legendary Journeys (ran for 6 seasons from 1995-1999; I mainly included this due to their being comics produced based off this series)

Xena: Warrior Princess (spin-off of Hercules; ran for 6 seasons from 1995-2001; lots of comics based off)

1996:
Loose Connections:
The Adventures of Sinbad (aired for 2 seasons from 1996-1998 following a TV pilot of this same name; the tone of the series was similar to Xena and Hercules)

1997:
From Comics:
Time Cop TV series (spun off of the movie “Time Cop”, which was based off of a Dark Horse comics series that last a short 9 episodes on ABC)

Night Man TV series (ran until 1999 for 2 seasons; loosely based off of the Malibu Comics character; Malibu is now owned by Marvel who does absolutely nothing with these characters)

Spawn Season 1 (the popular HBO mature orientated cartoon that ran from 1997-1999 for 3 seasons)

Spun into Comics:
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (series based off of a 1992 made for tv Buffy movie; this series was very successful on the WB network and ran for 7 seasons from 1997-2003)

Loose Connections:
Conan: The Adventurer (originally broadcast just as "Conan"; low budget TV series running 1 season for 22 episodes from 1997-1998; this was made in the same vein as Xena and Hercules; note while Conan’s appeared in many media outlets there wasn’t a comics series done based off this TV series)

The New Adventures of Robin Hood (1997-1998 TV series debuted after episode of WCW Monday Nitro on Turner Network TV and ran for 2 seasons; based off of Hercules and Xena tone)

1998:
From Comics:
Crow: Stairway to Heaven (22 episodes aired from 1998-1999)
Loose Connections:
Young Hercules (don't ask me why I'm adding this; a Fox kids show that ran 1 season with 50 episodes 1998-1999; this was a kids show inspired by Hercules and Xena TV shows)

1999:
Spun into Comics:
Angel (a popular series on WB that was a spin-off of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer; this ran for 5 seasons from 1999-2004)

Loose Connections:
Beastmaster (TV series that ran from 3 seasons from 1999-2002 loosely based off of a 1982 MGM movie; somewhat similar tone to what originally in hercules and xena; while it appeared on local TV during the weekends it seems to have a bit of a sci-fi element kind of like the cornily done "Journey to the Center of the Earth" Hallmark movie or "Sheena" seres around at this time)

2000:
From Comics:
Sheena (TV series lasted until 2002; appeared before Wonder-Woman)

Witchblade TV series (TV pilot came out on TNT in 2000; later went on for 2 seasons until ending in 2002)

Loose Connections:
Jack of all Trades (half hour long action series that ran for 2 seasons in 2000 in "Back2Back Action Hour" with "Cleopatra 2525; first american non-animated action show produced for 1/2 hour timeslot since the 70's; tone carried over from xena and hercules or some other low-end movie made for the Sci-Fi channel)

Cleopatra:2525 (a sci-fi channel action show; listed only cause part of above)

2001:
From Comics:
Smallville (popular TV series that's currently past it's 8th season on WB looking for a 9th Season; only listing this show here for convenience sake)

2002:
From Comics:
Birds of Prey (TV series that was cancelled after 13 episodes on WB despite high ratings; sort of a spin-off from Smallville)

2005:
From Comics:
Painkiller Jane (direct to TV; based off Malibu character now owned by marvel)

2006:
From Comics:
Blade (1 season)

Shows Premise Derived from Comics:
Heroes (start of season 1 and as of early 2009 up to season 3; note that June 2008 marked beginning of a “tetralogy” of webisodes through December 2008 too)

2007:
From Comics:
Aquaman (Television Pilot for Smallville Spin-off that never happened)
Painkiller Jane (Tv series for 1 season)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
You might be interested in my Yahoo groups if you want an ideal of just how many live action comic book based movies and TV shows there are all around the world.

Just click on my sigs.:yay:

Thanks! This thread just sunk faster than a ship anchor. Glad to see someones actually interested in this sort of thing. I'll check it out!

I thought Constantine was considered a DC property.

Last edited:
It is...and it's part of the Vertigo line, along with 'V for Vendetta.'

Nice list, even though it's incomplete...you've got the majority of it though. Great job :up:

EDIT: Oh I see, you purposefully left out everything pre-94...

Last edited:
V I knew about; it bears the logo, as does "Watchmen".

I was pretty sure Constantine did to...sort of in the same style as how Hell was designed for the film.

Doesn't 300 have a Vertigo logo to? I can't remember...

Hey guys!

I edited my list abit and put Constantine under DC. Hope my "Categories" (DC, Marvel, ect.) make the list more palatable to look at.

I have some other stuff that I can add as well such as an animation section but I have to clean it up abit before putting it in.

Also, I know noone's asked this but in regards to my list:
1)In regards to my Anime section, I mainly tried to include movies that had a theatrical release in the U.S. Sometimes if I felt there was a movie adaptation popular enough (like Ichi the Killer, which I don't think was really released in the states but is referenced by various directors such as Quentin Tarantino and popular in Japan), I added that as well. I know that anime is a huge genra so I tried to stick to some sort of logic when putting down adaptations from this category to make so that it doesn't look like too much of a mess when glancing at.

2) All animated stuff was only included if it had a theatrical release (like I said above hopefully I can make a seperate section for this since there's alot of direct-to-video stuff like Mask of the Phantasm that's alot better than alot of Theatrical tripe).

3) I may have gone a bit out of bounds in some areas. Video game/cartoon/or toy based movies are a tricky area since there are often times comics based that are based off this (or at least influenced by) these other mediums. Maybe I'll have to fix the list up abit and insert "Videogame" or "Cartoon" categories (for instance Tomb Raider has an ongoing comic book but would be listed under video game since that's where the character first appeared).
Please let me know if there's anything I've missed or something that should be taken off,

Thanks!

Last edited:
Phantom, 96.
I don't think "League" is a DC property.
I don't see "Birds Of Prey" anywhere.

Thanks alot!

I've added Phantom (from '96), Lois and Clark, Smallville, Birds of Prey, and the Aquaman TV pilot. I also added Xena, Hercules, and young Hercules (don't ask me why).

There's more TV shows I guess so I'll just need to make a seperate list for thse (pull the ones I have out from the list above and put in a new one for shows).

Last edited:
You also left off "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven" TV Series

Once I've finished my 100 movie countdown, I'll be counting down 50 TV shows. It's a lot of fun to chronicle the progression of this sub genre.

Yes it is. You catch onto a lot of nuances that most people don't notice like how characters were treated at one point compared to now.

When I originally started this list, I wanted to leave out the TV shows and kind of tacked a few on as I posted this. Guess it shows. lol

Added what you had listed.

I also added a bunch of TV series connected with Xena and Hercules TV series (in terms of the overall tone) supposedly about robin hood, sinbad, beastmaster, jack of all trades. These were pretty bad and only listed to try and be complete (since xena and hecules had some comics made off them; I don't think any of these spin-off series really did but that's besides the point).

Last edited:
Okay your list is kinda flawed that you tv shows for movie list for and movies and tv show were not based comic, manga or anime. Like Beastmaster, which was not linked with hercules or xena and its not based on a comic or manga, Its based a scifi novel. The Iron Giant is not anime, its made by Warner Bros. and it's based off a novel not a comic.

You have movies based off cartons shows with no ties to comics and movie based video games. Try to make one list that fits the title or people will get get confused.

Correction -- 'Hercules the Legendary Journeys' (which started off as 5 two hour telemovies, than into a series) started in 1994, and 'Xena: Warrior Princess' aren't based on any comic books. They're based on Greek mythology. They started making comics afterward. Just like Buffy the Vampire Slayer has a 'season 8' in the form of comic books.

I wouldn't separate each category with subcategories with DC, Marvel, etc. Maybe put them in parenthesis?

Its funny, the other day I was thinking of making a list of superhero comic book movies by year.

Okay your list is kinda flawed that you tv shows for movie list for and movies and tv show were not based comic, manga or anime. Like Beastmaster, which was not linked with hercules or xena and its not based on a comic or manga, Its based a scifi novel. The Iron Giant is not anime, its made by Warner Bros. and it's based off a novel not a comic.

You have movies based off cartons shows with no ties to comics and movie based video games. Try to make one list that fits the title or people will get get confused.

It's tough to make a list. Once I got going and listed all the obvious things got trickier since certain genras can cross into comics quite easily(cartoons, toys, anime, and even whole movie genras like action/adventure/mystery can leak into and feed each other). I'd like to have all stuff under "comic movies" have an origin specifically based in comics. Then have seperate categories for stuff that originated based off a videogame that later fed into comics (like Tomb Raider) or cartoons that later fed into comics (like GI Joe). Also, I'm going to have to edit the "TV shows" into a seperate list. I'm on it.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm going to have to edit this in the coming days. Right now, I'm just adding everything that people mention.
Correction -- 'Hercules the Legendary Journeys' (which started off as 5 two hour telemovies, than into a series) started in 1994, and 'Xena: Warrior Princess' aren't based on any comic books. They're based on Greek mythology. They started making comics afterward. Just like Buffy the Vampire Slayer has a 'season 8' in the form of comic books.

I wouldn't separate each category with subcategories with DC, Marvel, etc. Maybe put them in parenthesis?

Its funny, the other day I was thinking of making a list of superhero comic book movies by year.

I think the sub-categories are a great idea for the obvious categories (Marve, DC) but do get a bit foggy outside of that so I seperated them into what I thought was easiest (Hollywood based, Public/Classic, Anime, Independent). I think this is a better idea than parentheses since this allows one to breifly scan a list by category and take it in easier.

I'm going to add Buffy the Vampire Slayer under my TV shows category (with all the rest of the TV shows above). I'll seperate TV shows into 2 categories of those that originated from comics and those that had comics spun off of them.

Thanks alot!

I've added Phantom (from '96), Lois and Clark, Smallville, Birds of Prey, and the Aquaman TV pilot. I also added Xena, Hercules, and young Hercules (don't ask me why).

There's more TV shows I guess so I'll just need to make a seperate list for thse (pull the ones I have out from the list above and put in a new one for shows).

They actually filmed the Aquaman pilot? I didn't know that.

Just got back on a bit ago fixed the list up.

I took all TV series off and placed into their own category on my first post above. This should be alot easier to read and I also used 4 categories for my TV section to help clarify why I added the shows that I added.

Thanks to the person that suggested Buffy, I was able to put this into the TV list along with "Angel".

Few Things I will fix on the movie list later:
-A category for cartoons that later spun into comics
-A category for Video Games that later spun into comics
-look through some of the suggestions in the posts above and make more edits
-A seperate section (from the movie list and TV list) focusing
on Animated features

I think all the videogames you listed spun into comics. I know MK, Street Fighter & Double Dragon did.

Comic based movie lists can become a tricky thing especially once you start to include stuff that was later spun into comics (like Xena, Buffy, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, ect.). Glad to hear that the videogames for the most part are nailed down somewhat.

Anyway, I made a number of corrections in the list above:
-I put the Iron Giant under "Hollywood" category (it was based off
of a book but did have a superheroey element plus the rights to
the Incredibles was purchased from a guy involved with this movie)

-While the concept behind Beastmaster was based off of an old
movie and book, the TV series carried over in tone (production
value, creative team, ect.) from the earlier daytime action series
such as Xena and Hercules. However, this show did seem to
borrow a more sci-fi element as well (like that seen in Sheena or
the Hallmark based TV movie Journey to the Center of the Earth).

-I put 300 and Sin City under the DC category and kept League
under the DC category (DC was the one behind the movie; Alan
Moore obviously is not too happy with it).

-Yes they did film an aquaman pilot (played by the same guy
playing the GreenArrow in Smallville). I read that you could view
it for free off of Itunes.

Edit:
I just added some new categories for videogames and cartoons (that have been spun into comics/comic strip of some form) and put all these movies under these categories in the "movie list".

Also, I already have an animation list that I can copy and paste up but it just needs to be cleaned up abit.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated. I'll keep editing and adding stuff based on any advice.

Thanks!

Adam

Last edited:
I wasn't able to add the animation list to my first post (the boards won't allow me due to legnth issues).

I've made a list for animated features based off of comicbooks as well. This list doesn't include features that had a theatrical release (with the exception of "Mask of the Phantasm", which I'm including here since I'd like to list all info. related to the Batman Animated series here).
Unlike the lists above, I've gone back to 1988 for this one:

1988:
Series:
Marvel Action Universe (a television block of cartoons from "Marvel Productions"; lasted 1 season before cancelation)
"Dino-Riders" (mainly acted as a promotion for a new Tyco toy
line; made up first 1/2 hour)

"Robo-Cop: The Animated Series"-made up 2nd half hour

"Spider-Man and His Amazing Freinds"-some markets ran a
3rd half hour segment (these were re-runs from the 1981 series
of spiderman, firestar, and iceman living at empire state
university as freinds battling bad guys)

1989:
One shot:
Pryde of the X-men (a tv pilot for an X-men cartoon that was repetively poor received between 1989-1992 on each airing; aired on the "Marvel ACtion Universe" television block)

1992:
Series:
Batman the Animated Series (aired for 3 seasons with 85 episodes from 1992-1995; when the series was moved to a weekend timeslot on it's last season, it was called "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" since the last episodes included Robin; shows weren't really made in exact order so DVD just seperated them into "3 seasons")

1993:
Series:
X-men (2nd most successful series on Fox kids behind Batman that had debuted on this network; episodes aired in 5 seasons from 1993-1997)

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (aired on CBS Kids in the USA from 1993 to 1994. It is the brainchild of Mark Schultz, who originally created the series in comic book format under the title Xenozoic Tales in 1986. The television series came to be through the marketing of Marvel Comics)

One Shot:
Batman Mask of the Phantasm (animated movie that was meant to be direct-to-video but ended up getting a theatrical release)

1994:
Series:
Spider-Man: The Animated Series (ran 5 seasons from 1994-1998 for 65 episodes; couple of these had the X-men characters in it)

Marvel Actioin Hour (a single television block from "Marvel Productions Ltd" or "Marvel Films"; in some countries was given the name "Marvel Action Universe" again; the cartoons were rather different and each one had an introduction beforehand by Stan Lee for the 1st season):
Iron Man (this made up the first half hour; aired from 1994-
1996 with 26 episodes for 2 seasons)

Fantastic Four (this made up the 2nd half hour; aired from
1994-1996 with 26 episodes for 2 seasons)

The Incredible Hulk (re-runs of the live actioin show were
shown in the UK between Iron Man and the Fantastic Four in order
to bring everything up to a full hour in legnth since BBC doesn't
run commercials between shows)

The Tick (ran from 1994-1997 for 3 seasons; would've been more but Fox cancelled)

1996:
Series:
Superman: The Animated Series (ran on the WB television network under "Kids WB" for 3 seasons from 1996-2000; note like alot of WB shows at this time many episodes aired out of order so there really was no set order shows appeared in a "Season")- these along with old batman cartoon (and new episodes that would come in 1997) ran under the "batman and superman" hour called "Worlds Finest"

The Incredible Hulk (ran 2 seasons on UPN for 21 episodes from 1996-1997)

1997:
Series:
Batman Gotham Knights or also known as "The new batman adventures" (new episodes spinning off of "Batman: The Animated Series" only with a lighter/charming approach lasted from 1997-1998; on DVD it's released as Batman: The Animated Series volume 4)

One Shot:
Gen 13 (finished but never officially released; just bootlegged copies)

1998:
Series:
Silver Surfer (aired on Fox kids for a 13 episode 1st season)

One Shot:
Batman and Mr. Freeze: Subzero

The Batman/Superman Movie (this was about an hour long and appeared to kick things off with the "Batman/Superman: Worlds Finest" series that had been airing on WB with back to back episodes of Batman and Superman)

1999:
Series:
Batman Beyond (aired on kids WB for 3 seasons from 1999-2001 for a total of 52 episodes: series put on hold for a new "Justice League" series)
RoboCop: Alpha Commando (ran from 1998-1999 for 40 episodes; slightly less dark than the previous Robocop series that had appeared on the "Marvel Action Hour")

Spider-Man: Unlimited (only a few episodes aired; later Fox decided to air the rest of the 13 episodes ending the series on a cliffhanger)

The Avengers: United They Stand (lasted from 1999-2000 for 13 episodes)

2000:
Series:
X-Men:Evolution (ran for 4 seasons on kids WB from 2000-2003 making it the 3rd longest running Marvel series behind X-men and spider-man)

One Shot:
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000)

2001:
Series:
The Zeta Project (aired originally on kids WB for 2 seasons from 2001-2002 as a "Batman Beyond" spinoff series; ended with no formal announcement as WB simply ceased production leaving things hanging even though it was somewhat popular)

Justice League (aired originally on kids WB from 2001-2004 for 5 seasons; note in midst of run there was a name change to "Justice League: Unlimted")

2003:
Series:
Teen Titans (ran from 2003-2006 for 5 seasons; this breifly showed on kids WB until this series and alot of older WB animated series began appearing more on Cartoon Network)

Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (computer animation and cell shading used for great animation; ran for 1 season of 13 episodes; picked off popularity of 2002 Spider-man movie)

One Shot:
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (2003 animated film; the 4th based off of "Batman: The Animated Series")

2004:
Series:
The Batman (aired on Saturday Morning Television block "Kids WB" from 2004-2008 for 5 seasons which were actual seasons this time with episodes initially shown in order; the character designes for this show were a further departure from WB cartoons in past with character designs being suppled by Jeff Matsuda who was looking over the show "Jackie Chan's Adventures")

2005:
One Shot:
The Batman vs. Dracula (a direct to video animated movie based on "The Batman" tv series)

2006:
Series:
Fantastic Four: Worlds Greatest Heroes (debuted with 1st season on cartoon netqork only running 7 of the seasons 26 episodes until pulled without explanation until aired 11 more in 2007 to coincide with the movie release; still some espisodes unaired and no explanation)

One Shot:
Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo (2006 movie based on cartoon show that aired originally on cartoon network)

Superman: Braniac Attacks (2006)

Ultimate Avengers (1st marvel animated direct to video from "Marvel Animatioin LLC.")

Ultimate Avengers:Rise of the Panther

2007:
One Shot:
Superman: Doomsday (the first movie out of Warner Premier/DC comics "DC Original Animated Movies" sereis; based on "The Death of Superman" comic storyline; animation the same as Superman cartoon series)

The Invincible Iron Man

Dr. Strange

2008:
Series:
The Spectacular Spider-Man (began airing on Kids WB for it's first season; still ongoing)

One Shot:
Justice League: The new frontier (direct to video animated film of DC comics limited series "DC: The NEw Frontier"; 2nd film from "DC Original Animated Movies" series)

Batman: Gotham Knight (this was a series of episodes done by various creators when "The Dark Knight" movie was released kind of like the

"Animatrix" when the "Matrix" was released)

Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow

2009:
Series:
Wolverine and the X-men (a cartoon series that's set to begin airing this year, after first debuting in other countries, with more seasons in development)

Iron Man: Armoured Adventures (a television series based on the Marvel superhero Iron Man which is set to debut on the Nicktoons Network in April 2009)

One Shot:
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Hulk Vs.

Your list is flawed to say the least. Akira is 1988 dude, not 1998. That's a full decade wrong. Also if you wanted to start in the early 90's why not list Batman Returns (1992) or The Rocketeer (1991)?
I still don't understand where in the world did you get that Akira is 1998. Unless we are talking about another version or a remake of Katsuhiro Ôtomo's master piece that I don't know of.

Your list is flawed to say the least.

Ouch.

Akira is 1988 dude, not 1998. That's a full decade wrong. Also if you wanted to start in the early 90's why not list Batman Returns (1992) or The Rocketeer (1991)?

All right I took Akira off the list. I don't know a whole lot about anime so this is my weakness. I remember hearing about Akira a while back only vaguely.

I'm not publishing this. It's just something I'm trying to organize together for myself and anyone else whose interested in this but doesn't have the time for it.
I'm always adjusting this from time to time. I'll get the earlier dates put in sometime as well (note that I have added some pretty big addition sections lately as well).

I've posted what I have to see if anyone's interested and to hold an ongoing discussion. If someone finds something wrong, feel free to point it out. Also, if someone wants to copy my list (I know this would be a lot less time consuming) and add additional info./corrections of thier own, feel free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"