Favorite Batmobile

The Tumbler, man!
this is one of the things that I love the most in this franchise.

Just a note, since it seems a lot of people have no idea:

The so-called "Disco Ball" in the nose of Barbara Ling and THX's car for "Batman & Robin"...that's the engine. The review at the Agony Booth asks how the thing is a necessity for the car. Since it's the engine, I'd say it's very necessary.

And the Anton Furst/Tim Burton Batmobile OWNS every other design IMO.

If you could only have one Batmobile, you know that's the one you'd not only want...but that's the one you'd want to be seen in.

CFE

The one that can jump on rooftops and annhilate every other vehicle in sight.

These two will always be my favorites:

BatmanReturnsBatmobile13.jpg

batmobile.jpg

I think some of you are too harsh on Schumacher bat movie vehicles. I've always liked the BF batmobile it's like a mix of the furst batmobile design with some of the golden age comic batmobiles.

1941-batmobile.gif

I think some of you are too harsh on Schumacher bat movie vehicles. I've always liked the BF batmobile it's like a mix of the furst batmobile design with some of the golden age comic batmobiles.

1941-batmobile.gif

Agreed. The series of vehicles in "Forever" are quite exceptional and look pretty cool.

CFE

1941-batmobile.gif

Except even the Golden Age Batmobiles like this one don't look HALF as garish as the Schumacher-era cars did.

By no means am I defending Schumacher, but keep in mind the MO of his Batman was different than the modern comics. It was like back in the Silver Age when he hid very little. He had no reason to conceal himself or employ theatrical invisibility. He was a public figure in the likeness of Superman almost. Batman back then had little to do with stealth, if any at all.

Just a note, since it seems a lot of people have no idea:

The so-called "Disco Ball" in the nose of Barbara Ling and THX's car for "Batman & Robin"...that's the engine. The review at the Agony Booth asks how the thing is a necessity for the car. Since it's the engine, I'd say it's very necessary.

Come on. I even said that I like the B&R car, but that's silly justification. Of course the engine is a necessity. But the engine glowing neon and being visible is not. You're acting like the crew had no choice in the matter; "that's what the engine looks like..and it needs an engine!" The engine looks like however they design it, and they decided to design it like a disco ball.

The engines of the Tumbler or the Burtonmobile could look like a ham sandwich; we wouldn't know because they're not visible and they don't glow.

The BR/B89 ist the greatest batmobile on screen, followed by the '66.
COuldn't care less about the "Tumbler". Sorry, what is this? It's a generic light tank.

Except even the Golden Age Batmobiles like this one don't look HALF as garish as the Schumacher-era cars did.

batmobile.jpg

I'd say the red is pretty tacky. The only garish element of the BF batmobile was the neon really outside of that everything else was fine. I'm no fan of the B&R batmobile though.

I always thought that the BF batmobile was the most underrated. Take away the neon (and the ability to ascend walls *shudders*) and you have a VERY solid design, the huge fin on top being reminiscent of Jaws.

Furstmobile rules though. Easily the best.

Come on. I even said that I like the B&R car, but that's silly justification. Of course the engine is a necessity. But the engine glowing neon and being visible is not. You're acting like the crew had no choice in the matter; "that's what the engine looks like..and it needs an engine!" The engine looks like however they design it, and they decided to design it like a disco ball.

The engines of the Tumbler or the Burtonmobile could look like a ham sandwich; we wouldn't know because they're not visible and they don't glow.

For some reason a LOT of people have no idea that that's the engine of the car...so I was just pointing that out. Making an observation, not a justification.

CFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"