The Comics Favorite current Iron Man title

Ironfan72

Golden Avenger
Reaction score
Iron Man right now is enjoying a surge of popularity and with that several great titles out there for readers, with the current Iron Man title running with the Knaufs writing, which as just been excellent, to Enter the Mandarin, Marvel Adventure's Iron Man (which is more kid friendly) to the just finished HyperVolecity.
What title do you like and why?

I have to say "Iron Man" (or Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D as it is called on the cover). The stories are great, with so much political intrigue and a great build up to the return of the Mandarin. I carnt wait till he clashes with Stark once more!

The Knaufs are doing a hell of a job on IM.

I'm a big fan of the 616 series, but am loving Enter the Mandarin mini-series.

The Enter the Mandarin series is very good. I love the style of the covers, and the story is really good as well (Mandarin is my favourite Iron Man Villain). But the writing and overall Artwork in Iron Man Director Of S.H.I.E.L.D tops it, and makes it one of the best comics around at the moment. Having just read issue 23 i carnt wait until the next 2 issues when Iron Man takes on the Mandarin in his classic Red and Gold suit.
Im also really looking forward to Ultimate Iron Man 2 which starts in December.

I agree the regular series is one of the best being written right now, and Enter the Mandarin is a pleasure to read.
I'm also looking forward to Ultimate Iron Man 2, I really loved the first one.

I'm also looking forward to Ultimate Iron Man 2, I really loved the first one.

So did i, though it was lacking in the action department. I dont think that will be a problem in this series however. And we finally get a James Rhodes Ultimate War Machine! (the cover of issue 2 is Iron Man battling War Machine).

Things are looking good,Stark's donning the old school armor!

Things are looking good,Stark's donning the old school armor!

I do like the retro angle in Iron Man right now, the regular title he will be using an older armor and in Enter the Mandarin using a classic armor, very nice.

My favorite title is Iron man :Hyper velocity.is the movie is releasing on
05-02 08.

My favorite title is Iron man :Hyper velocity.is the movie is releasing on
05-02 08.

Hyper Velocity was very good, it was much different story than Iron Man fans are used and thought it was a nice change.
And yes, Iron Man release's May 2nd 2008.:im:

I liked Hypervelocity. The Tony 2.0 thing was interesting. Liked Absynthe as a new villainess as well. I'd like to see more of her again.

It was nice to see some old villains returning in that series.

You might be thinking of the Inevitable with the Ghost and the Living Laser.

As for Absynthe? Eh, she was a create it and leave it sort of character, and if she came back, it would probably be lacking for a real story.

Yeah, that one was pretty good, too. I liked Hypervelocity better personally, but I'm LOVING Enter the Mandarin.

Enter the Mandarin is good, and so is the new Ultimate Iron Man (i thought the writing in the first issue was not as good as Volume 1, but there are a few more issues to go yet, so it could change).
I think that Iron Man's own title is getting better and better. I carnt wait until he confronts the Mandarin (the build up with every new issue is killing me!)

Yah the are bulidng the excitement alot, when it comes it is gonna be huge, I love now that he has pulled out the Mark 2 armor.

I'm actually worried about how that armor is going to handle. Chances are he'll destroy it, and SHIELD will release his suspension, allowing him to get back his current armor. Because, in all truth, the Mark 2 armor isn't going to stand a chance.

Well from the next several issues it looks like he has it for awhile.

I've been loving the Iron Man title going back to the Extremis storyline/reboot. Very solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"