World favorite transformer

Skyfire/Jetfire, followed by Prime and then Jazz.

Favorite decepticons:
#1 Thundercracker
#2 Blitzwing

Favorite Autobot
#1 Hound
#2 Sunstreaker

My lists are a bit long, but anyhow...

Favorite Autobots
Optimus Prime
Prowl & Red Alert (I like police cars)
Jetfire
Smokescreen
Mirage
Snarl & Swoop (I like these two dinobots over the other 3)
Inferno
Omega Supreme
Fortress Maximus

Favorite Decepticons
Astrotrain
Sixshot
Dreadwing
Thundercracker

Favorite Gestalts
Superion
Computron
Raiden

I and many others say it wasnt the same after the movie for 2 reason's.

First is that there was no Optimus Prime.Those of us that engoyed the first 2 season looked twards Optimus Prime as the main Hero of the show and Rodimus just didnt cut it as the new hero

Second one of the main draws for kids was lost after the movie as well.Besides being coll and playable one of the reasons that kids liked the Transformers toyline so much was because almost anything car or truck you saw when you were walking down the streat could be a TF, and plane you saw in the sky or any boat in the water could be a TF.....at least when useing your imagination.

That aspect to the toyline and the toon were lost after the movie because all the alt models were futuristic.

Thats my opinion and the opinion of many others.As a matter of fact if you look up the history of the TF toyline on google you'll get some links to reports and analysis [spelling?] that blame the down fall of the franchise on the designs of the movie figures.
Actually, that's incorrect.

Most analysts, if there are such people, point directly to Pretenders as being the beginning of the end of Transformers. Series 3 and 4 did very well as far as toy sales go, in fact series 3 was the best selling of the line in part due to a significant drop in price (as the toys had less diecast parts). The Gestalt teams were also huge sellers. Anyone looking to buy TFs now will find the first and second series fairly easy to come by, it's the third series that is so sought after and expensive.

Actually, that's incorrect.

I'm not sure how you can tell me my opinion is incorrect.An opinion is a personel view.
Most analysts, if there are such people, point directly to Pretenders as being the beginning of the end of Transformers. Series 3 and 4 did very well as far as toy sales go, in fact series 3 was the best selling of the line in part due to a significant drop in price (as the toys had less diecast parts). The Gestalt teams were also huge sellers. Anyone looking to buy TFs now will find the first and second series fairly easy to come by, it's the third series that is so sought after and expensive.

"Easy to come by" is a over statement.In the long run there are quite a few series 1 and 2 figures that are close to impossible to get 100% complete.

If I'm right series 3 had the largest number of "NEW" figures released up to that point and it was the first run to feature city formers and Autobot Gestalts and triple changers, toped with better prices because of less dicast in them it's no real shock that it out sold the 2 series before it.

As for the Pretenders line [or the 88 line] being pointed to as the down fall of the franchise.....thats just an other opinion which is no less valid then mine.

But I find it a cop out to blame the 88 line up as the fault because the toon never made it to feature any of those figures.And the toon was a big lure to the toyline.The most popular TF toys of the time were the figures that got featured in the toon.

As a matter of fact the toon was canceled in most markets right after "The return of Optimus Prime".If it wasnt for Hasbro pushing for one more try we would never have seen "The rebirth".

Most dont know this but "The rebirth" was not intended to be the start of season 4 but was a polit for a new show that was to take place mostly on Nebulose and trew out space.

The way I see it the 88 toyline cant really be blamed for the down fall of the franchise when it had already lost its core fan's and it's advertiseing platform back in 86 and 87.

I'm not sure how you can tell me my opinion is incorrect.An opinion is a personel view.
I can! :woot:

Has anyone watched the new series. The art is terrible and thats putting it lightley. :o

Anyone like the new avatar?

You mean Starscream getting head from Megatron? I mean Starscream holding Megatron's head? (I'm sorry the Starscream gay jokes are just too much fun)

You mean Starscream getting head from Megatron? I mean Starscream holding Megatron's head? (I'm sorry the Starscream gay jokes are just too much fun)
I thought it was funny too.

I have a new favorite transformer! It is Jazz!

G1 Transformers:

Megatron, Optimus Prime

Beast Wars: Transmetal 2:

Megatron, Rampage, Dinobot

I really like Bumblebee and Prime. And my most fav Decepticons have to be Starscream and Soundwave.

Fav auto bots are Jazz, then smokescreen, then Prowl, then Optimus etc.

Fav Decepticons are Shockwave, Soundwave, Starscream and finally Blackout.

Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Jazz, Mirage, Ravage, Primus, Unicron, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, Sky Warp, Devastator, Grimlock, Wreckgar, Arcee, Ironhide, Optimus Primal, Bumblebee, Tidal Wave, Jet Fire, Hot Shot, Omega Supreme, and Vector Prime.

pickin' a favorite would be tough, but since everyone seems to have a huge list of 'em, I guess I can put mine, since there's only two:

Autobots-Springer

Decepticons-Soundwave

I like Rhinox and Dinobot (non transmetal). (From Beast Wars)

I also love all the Optimus'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"