FIFA World Cup (Qatar 2022)

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
I know it is early to make a thread but damn it I am doing it anyway. I mean I know the tournament is 4 years away but apparently there have been a lot of developments as far as the tournament itself as a whole goes. Reading so much articles online and hearing so many different things it appears FIFA President Gianni Infantino has confirmed that they are not gonna move the 2022 FIFA World Cup away from Qatar. President Infantino even said as much that the 2022 FIFA World Cup will go ahead as scheduled which means kick off will be on November 21, 2022 to December 18th, 2022.

It remains unclear how the World Cup will fit the schedule of domestic leagues, most of which play through November and December.

Most people are not happy about this especially England legend Gary Lineker who even said as much that the World Cup has always been a summer spectacle rather than an interruption of the football season and that it is a damn shame that we all have to wait 8 years for it to go back to being a summer World Cup in 2026.

I find it an absolute joke that this World Cup is still going ahead in Qatar & in the winter given all of the corruption some proven, some alleged regarding FIFA officials some of which have been removed from their position completely, Sepp Blatter being one. There's no doubt in my mind that some, if not all of those that had a vote & voted for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup were bought & paid for.

Once they discovered corruption even on some level, the vote should have been entirely retaken, outside of Qatar, I believe all other bidders practically had everything in place to host a World Cup & wouldn't have disrupted the club season.

There being a World Cup in the winter, especially in Qatar is a disgrace.

The country in general is so unsuitable for a World Cup it isn't even funny. Heat making the competition unplayable in the summer, half the stadiums don't even exist yet, lack of infrastructure/public transport to support influx of crowds, not to mention from what I've read the country doesn't sound very tolerable or tourist friendly.

I was almost certain that once Blatter & the 4 or 5 cronies got removed from their positions, the Qatar World Cup 2022 winning bid would be overturned & it would be handed to the US, who were the runners up in the corrupt voting process if I recall.

The country in general is so unsuitable for a World Cup it isn't even funny. Heat making the competition unplayable in the summer, half the stadiums don't even exist yet, lack of infrastructure/public transport to support influx of crowds, not to mention from what I've read the country doesn't sound very tolerable or tourist friendly.

I was almost certain that once Blatter & the 4 or 5 cronies got removed from their positions, the Qatar World Cup 2022 winning bid would be overturned & it would be handed to the US, who were the runners up in the corrupt voting process if I recall.

Yeah you would think right but Infantino seems dead set on keeping it in Qatar even though they clearly are not ready to host. Not to mention FIFA are getting slammed for the change not only by former players/legends of the game but also pundits and fans are not happy either.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/coupler...e/news-story/e80263f6c2303392137097a0857170bb

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mir.../news/what-qatar-winter-world-cup-6514982.amp

C’mon let’s get 3rd!

Oh ****, Belgium already in front.

I was also watching videos well YouTube videos for people already making their predictions about which countries will qualify for Qatar 2022...it also inspired me to make my own predictions which I have already done

Even though it is early I will make my predictions as for which teams I think will qualify for Qatar

AFC- Qatar (host nation), Australia, Japan, South Korea, Iran (via playoff)
CONMEBOL- Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile (comeback) (via playoff)
CONCACAF- Mexico, USA (comeback), Costa Rica, Jamaica (via playoff)
CAF- Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, DR Congo (debut), Ghana (comeback)
UEFA- France, England, Germany, Spain, Netherlands (comeback), Italy (comeback), Poland, Switzerland, Portugal, Belgium, Sweden, Croatia and Wales (debut)

2022 World Cup is going to screw up the Euro Leagues.

2022 World Cup is going to screw up the Euro Leagues.

Not just the European leagues are gonna be messed up but leagues around the rest of the world like MLS or even leagues in Asia or Africa their seasons are gonna get screwed up too

Not just the European leagues are gonna be messed up but leagues around the rest of the world like MLS or even leagues in Asia or Africa their seasons are gonna get screwed up too

It does affect the MLS playoffs so it'll be interesting to see how the MLS teams fill up their playoff rosters.

Yeah oddsmakers apparently have France winning it all again repeating as champions in 2022 but then again a lot can change in 4 years especially because the last 3 or 4 champions always go out in the group stage:

2018- Germany (2014 champs) went out in Group Stage
2014- Spain (2010 champs) went out in Group Stage
2010- Italy (2006 champs) went out in Group Stage

I said it before and will say it again BAD CHOICE in Qatar

I am still amazed when FIFA had a chance to show credibility and simply take the tournament away they failed miserably and now this scheduling issue

You said it before? You made your account today and only have two posts. Only one in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"