FIFA World Cup (Russia) - Part 4

The World Cup trophy looks a bit Brazilian with those green bands over the gold.

I have to say, the medals seem a lot nicer then in the past. More substantial.

Do you get medals for 3rd?

Do you get medals for 3rd?
GfSIHbU.jpg

Ah cool. Hope Belgium are happy with theirs. Could have done better with a bit of luck but they have been big contributors to this tournament.

I am just playing. :woot:

For me, it is a bit more about getting the best players from the tournament in, within reason. So while the line up might not work in real life, what matters most is honorary the best players, if that makes sense? I originally had Griezmann as the #9, but that felt too out of place. I definitely wanted at least 3 behind the striker and 3 in the midfield, as I felt like those were the two best positions, and I really couldn't think of any fullbacks or wingbacks who I'd put up over like 10 players from those two positions. On the other hand, some legit CB performances imo.
:argh: :funny:

I get what you mean, I think a lot of people do these type of compilation teams from the pespective of just getting the best players in regardless of system, I just can't help but try to construct a team of the tournament that would actually work as a team.

Such a shame that we couldn’t see him at his best in the knockout games. Didn’t look the same player at all.

He wasn't his best post group stage because he was having to do two jobs, his own and Sterling's. Set up his own chances because old Mr. Runaround didn't or couldn't do that.

He wasn't his best post group stage because he was having to do two jobs, his own and Sterling's. Set up his own chances because old Mr. Runaround didn't or couldn't do that.

True lol. But physically he also didn’t feel quite right.

Kane falling short, shouldn't seem odd at this point.

Fifa World Cup Final 2018

[YT]GrsEAvRerTg[/YT]

Just heard Liverpool bid 62m for Allison!

FIFA's official team of the tournament, ok...................

DiUFto-WkAACg7l.jpg

What a joke haha.

I wonder what on earth they used to calculate that specific line up. Young should be Hernandez from France, Paulinho should be Rakitic or Pogba, and Neymar should probably be swapped out for Perisic/Rebic.

You don't rate him?
He hasn't proven he can do it at that level yet. He might do so in the future, but he hasn't shown that he can do that yet. And that so many excuses for why he hasn't yet, makes it more apparent imo.

He hasn't proven he can do it at that level yet. He might do so in the future, but he hasn't shown that he can do that yet. And that so many excuses for why he hasn't yet, makes it more apparent imo.

True, he hasn't yet. But at least he has plenty of time with it being only his 2nd tournament. There have been so many top players who haven't brought their club form to multiple international tournaments. And many in an England shirt who have failed. Great to see the likes of Maguire and Trippier break out and show consistency first time out.

True, he hasn't yet. But at least he has plenty of time. There have been so many top players who haven't brought their club form to multiple international tournaments. And many in an England shirt who have failed. Great to see the likes of Maguire and Trippier break out and show consistency first time out.
I am also talking about his club form. He needs to start making this stuff happen in the KO stage of the CL. How they went out last year does not reflect well on him. There is also the league situation, where he always seems to get hurt or fail in matches that they need that something special to keep up a title challenge.

I am also talking about his club form. He needs to start making this stuff happen in the KO stage of the CL. How they went out last year does not reflect well on him. There is also the league situation, where he always seems to get hurt or fail in matches that they need that something special to keep up a title challenge.

So you're just saying he's coming short of being a top player rather than that you don't rate him? Scoring in the big games is of course the sign of a great, but consistency is needed first to make sure your team gets to those games. Spurs without Kane aren't going to have the big games (top of the table clashes, CL late stage games) to worry about who performs in them. After Salah (32) and Kane (30) last season for eg, you have Aguero (21), Vardy (20), Sterling (18), Lukaku (16) and everybody else less than that including strikers at all the top clubs. A club like Spurs is unlikely to be able to afford and prize away better strikers than the best of the PL. Kane needs to improve on his big game form and his wastefulness but he's doing very well so far for a 24 year old (25 soon) English striker.

So you're just saying he's coming short of being a top player rather than that you don't rate him? Scoring in the big games is of course the sign of a great, but consistency is needed first to make sure your team gets to those games. Spurs without Kane aren't going to have the big games (top of the table clashes, CL late stage games) to worry about who performs in them. After Salah (32) and Kane (30) last season for eg, you have Aguero (21), Vardy (20), Sterling (18), Lukaku (16) and everybody else less than that including strikers at all the top clubs. A club like Spurs is unlikely to be able to afford and prize away better strikers than the best of the PL. Kane needs to improve on his big game form and his wastefulness but he's doing very well so far for a 24 year old (25 soon) English striker.
Yeah. He is a very good player. But he needs to make that transition all the true greats do. Bale did that, but he had to leave Spurs to do that. He the winner in two separate CL finals. After the move, his form for Wales improved.

Kane staying at Spurs is his choice. But he doesn't get rewarded for that imo. If he wants to stay there, he doesn't get a pass for not making it happen because it is Spurs.

Yeah. He is a very good player. But he needs to make that transition all the true greats do. Bale did that, but he had to leave Spurs to do that. He the winner in two separate CL finals. After the move, his form for Wales improved.

Kane staying at Spurs is his choice. But he doesn't get rewarded for that imo. If he wants to stay there, he doesn't get a pass for not making it happen because it is Spurs.

Oh I agree with all those points, sure. :up:

The club you're playing at isn't an excuse as you can move if you're good enough. Some guys probably do love their clubs a bit too much to do that, especially those who have been there since youth level, but there is a consequence. I don't think staying at Spurs is necessarily a bad thing as they are set up to play for him, as long as they stay in the CL long term (which is the hard part).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"