Final Theatrical Trailer Thread

1cro9.gif

This may be the best CGI shot ive ever seen

Granted, it is a fantastic, awesome shot.
But, the Sandman birth scene in SM3 still takes the cake in my book.

I've gotten too used to ogling over transforming machines with all the fan made clips and pro commercials for the last 5 years. I've NEVER seen anything like the Sandman birth scene.

Someone is seriously underestimating the public's general knowledge of one of the biggest toy/cartoon franchises in American history.
People might...might have known the toys. But familiarity with the cartoon is pretty sparse. My roomates did not even know some of the robots were suppose to be good from watching the trailer. I had to tell them who Optimus Prime was.

I really thought that the Sandman birth scene looked really bad. It looked fake and cheap. The Sandman looked his best when he was in the Semi truckbed. Other then that he didn't look that good, I thought it was a step down from SM 2.

The Transformations in this trailer by far are some of the best CGI work I've ever seen. And with time yet before the movie has to be finished. It should only get better.

Possibly because the studio doesn't want the altered Prime voice to 'get out' before the movie [any more than it already has].

Bay's denial [saying the voice was put in by Paramount's European offices] could easily have been the same back pedaling manoeuver that Dean Devlin & Roland Emmerich pulled when a full picture of GINO leaked onto the internet well before GINO was released. [In case your interested the leaked picture met with much scoffing - not something Devlin & Emmerich [much less the suits at Sony] were pleased to hear.]

yeah, that the tone of this movie could be quite different from what we perceive from the adverts.

as for your second point, that is probably a perspective you have because you already have read the script or am i being presumptious...

i haven'#t read it so i don't know how important these aspects are or how much time they take up on the screen.

The three and their relationship is the heart of the movie and runs throughout in the script i read,the first half hour or so sets their stories and connections up

I really thought that the Sandman birth scene looked really bad. It looked fake and cheap. The Sandman looked his best when he was in the Semi truckbed. Other then that he didn't look that good, I thought it was a step down from SM 2.

The Transformations in this trailer by far are some of the best CGI work I've ever seen. And with time yet before the movie has to be finished. It should only get better.

The projector in your theater must have had a smudged lens!!! :-)cwink: ).

when Prime transforms he makes the transformers noise. I giggled like a school girl and peed a little when I heard that

Granted, it is a fantastic, awesome shot.
But, the Sandman birth scene in SM3 still takes the cake in my book.

I've gotten too used to ogling over transforming machines with all the fan made clips and pro commercials for the last 5 years. I've NEVER seen anything like the Sandman birth scene.

That sandman scene was great i agree but i actually preferred the giant Sandman at the end as my fav effect of the movie,the birth one reminded me of the first Mummy film a bit.

The transforming sound was enough teaser for now. I just wanna hear him say: "Megatron must be stopped....no matter the cost."

Actually I thought most of the fx in Spiderman 3 looked really baaad.
It all looks very very cheap, rushed, bland, and fake fake fake !
It all looks like a freakin' videogame, which defeats the purpose of making it a LIVE ACTION FILM.

Transformers is god.

You'll get plenty of robots speaking in the freakin' movie, LOL.

Your upset because your excited.

The trailer wants you to want more.

And obviously, its working ;)

...But does anyone else think they gotta tip-toe with what kinda dialogue these bots say ?
Because as real and tough and authentic looking as they are, saying the cheesiest lines can completely destroy all that.

lol, i love the way Shia says "no, no, NO, DAD!!! aw you gotta be kiddin' me!"

he genuinely sounds excited, hehe. love his reaction to his dad telling him he's really kidding too. i think he's gonna make an awesome "Spike". hope they can give him more material to work with in the sequels.

The projector in your theater must have had a smudged lens!!! :-)cwink: ).
LOL! I couldn't have said it better my self!.... The guy who thinks the birth of Sandman looked CHEAP, and FAKE, obviously is on Crack! I know all about opinions, and the fact that we're allowed to have different ones, but on this one, it's not negotiable!!!! That scene was as cool as it was beautiful! Some of the best CG I've ever seen!!! every one is raving about it! Say what you want about spidey 3, the birth of sandman was ****ing badass! It's not a debate, really.

he genuinely sounds excited, hehe. love his reaction to his dad telling him he's really kidding too. i think he's gonna make an awesome "Spike". hope they can give him more material to work with in the sequels.

Yeah. Shia had me totally believing the character in a few parts. That one that you mention, and also when he first sees Bumblebee transform, and when he delivers the "must be Japanese or something" line. That kid is going places. :up:

And, yeah, although I don't think Megan Fox is all that (I like 'em geekier... as in Jennifer Love Hewitt or Michelle Trachtenberg) she seemed pretty convincing too.

Plus John Voight... all in all, pretty good casting. But, then Bay is pretty good at casting. He's just not very good at directing his otherwise good cast IMO....... but it seems Spielberg gave him pointers! God knows he needed it.

I must concur

spike.jpg

i'm also excited about Kevin Dunn as Sparkplug :)

sparkplug.jpg

oh yeah...he's a good actor too. does he have a decent amount of time in the movie? i hope so.

if not...hope there's room for him in the sequels.

And, yeah, although I don't think Megan Fox is all that (I like 'em geekier... as in Jennifer Love Hewitt or Michelle Trachtenberg) she seemed pretty convincing too.

Plus John Voight... all in all, pretty good casting. But, then Bay is pretty good at casting. He's just not very good at directing his otherwise good cast IMO....... but it seems Spielberg gave him pointers! God knows he needed it.

yeah, i kinda wish they went with someone not as model-ish...but i really don't mind because i've been keeping an eye on Megan Fox ever since i saw her in one of Lindsay Lohan's movies. as long as she doesn't act stupid or overly fake then i'll just have to deal with watching her bounce around :D

but you're right...Bay has a knack for casting great actors that he doesn't really direct. i'm sure he must've told the actors to imagine "giant facking robots" many times, hehe.

I kind of hear the Transformers theme when Bumblebee is transforming until Voight is at Megatron.

I still think it's an add on just for the trailer..but i hope i'm wrong.

it's most likely just for the trailer. it sounds like it was just thrown in there last minute. it sounds out-of-place and doesn't really go well with the rest of the transforming sounds...

...still, i hope they use it in the movie.

About the Transforming sound from the cartoon, as much as I like it (please don't rip me apart for this), I don't think it really fit. :(

It was really great for a cartoon, when the Transformers's transformations weren't highly detailed and you couldn't see every wire, joint or plate moving. Now that we've got those highly detailed CGI Transformers where you can almost see every part move and transform, the sound kinda takes you out of it because you'll be wondering why they're making such a strange sound or where it's coming from.

I hope you understand what I mean.

I was hoping to here OP talk when he transforms like in the prime speaks clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"