First you legalize weed, now part of Colorado wants to form a new state.

I thought them wanting to become a new state is more about all the Gun Laws Colorado has passed recently. All that being said I think what is happening in Colorado is a perfect example how it's hard to come up with rules that work for people in both Big Cities and Small Rural communities and it is a problem for both State and Federal government to overcome

Last edited:
That new state looks like it's going to be awful small.

I could be wrong but I thought them wanting to become a new state is more about all the Gun Laws Colorado has passed recently

According to the article, it's the oil and gas laws that have them fussed, but it may be a combination of things.

That new state looks like it's going to be awful small.

Maybe they can join Wyoming, that State needs more people. lol

It still annoys me to this day that a State like Wyoming has 2 senators and has a population of like 600k, while California and it's 38M people are represented by the same amount of Senators.

California makes ups for it by having 53 members in the House of Representatives and Wyoming only gets 1. You'd have a point if Congress were a unicameral legislature where all the states are treated equally, but a bicameral legislature lets both happen. States are treated equally in one chamber, while the bigger states get the advantage in the other chamber.

I thought them wanting to become a new state is more about all the Gun Laws Colorado has passed recently. All that being said I think what is happening in Colorado is a perfect example how it's hard to come up with rules that work for people in both Big Cities and Small Rural communities and it is a problem for both State and Federal government to overcome
From the way I'm interpreting it, it feels like a lot of the feelings involved are similar to where I live in New York. There is a lot of resentment over policies developed by Democrats from New York City (on all sorts of issues ranging from gun control, taxation, economic regulation) while the more moderate Upstate New York gets shafted in the decision making.

Now hold on, if parts of CO and NE are going to merge, why call it "North Colorado"? That's unfair to the seceding Nebraskans!! Call it "Colbraska" or "Nebrolado", or better yet, "Cone" :oldrazz:

Now hold on, if parts of CO and NE are going to merge, why call it "North Colorado"? That's unfair to the seceding Nebraskans!! Call it "Colbraska" or "Nebrolado", or better yet, "Cone" :oldrazz:

Why would people in Nebraska want to secede and join "Northern Colorado"? Are they mad people in Omaha feel it's pointless signing a bill that outlaws Sharia Law?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"