Fist of the North Star [new] Live action prospects

Brian Braddock

R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
So, who here would like to see a genuine, big-budget, live-action adaption of 'Fist of the North Star'?

As much as I'm a fan of Gary Daniels, the 1995 live-action version was a piece of crap. I remember seeing the 1986 animated movie and being blown away by it as a kid - surely with the technology that is available today, they could make a kick-ass movie as huge in scope (and hopefully as brutal) as the comics, animated series and animated movie?

Btw, more astute fans of FotNS may notice that I havent mentioned Shin Kyūseishu Densetsu. This is simply because I don't know too much about it.

Anyone?

I loved the anime, and absolutely HATED the live-action version that was made.
With that I'll say I'd be interested in the prospect of a well-done live-action version, but am hesitant to think that anime to live-action can be done well (in N.America at least).

My alltime favourite scene in a Manga film:-

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIKYQbVfXyg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIKYQbVfXyg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

If Hollywood could deliver something like this, then I'd be damn happy (especially 9 mins in)

^I remember that being the end fight not 9 mins in, but yeah, it would look amazing on screen, but only the likes of James Cameron or Peter Jackson could come anywere near pulling it off IMO.

Remember watching this at a friends house when I was younger, and thought it was amazing, must have watched it 50 times after that. A done properly live action version would be amazing for sure. But it would need a huge budget, and a VERY talented film-maker to pull it off.

The anime rocks, but the live-action version was crap. I think they should do a new "300"-esque live-action movie.

^I remember that being the end fight not 9 mins in, but yeah, it would look amazing on screen, but only the likes of James Cameron or Peter Jackson could come anywere near pulling it off IMO.

Remember watching this at a friends house when I was younger, and thought it was amazing, must have watched it 50 times after that. A done properly live action version would be amazing for sure. But it would need a huge budget, and a VERY talented film-maker to pull it off.

9 minutes into the clip, dude. :woot:

^Ha ha, oh right, should have realised that really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"