Five Nights at Freddy's

Even if it drops like 70% next weekend, it's highly profitable at a budget of about $20 million. Will likely erase some of the embarrassment for Blumhouse/Universal after The Exorcist disaster.

With that opening numbers, Universal is surely going to be making a 2nd/3rd/4th movie.

But as for me, I have no interest with the games and now this future to be movie franchise.

Just watched it. This wasn't as good as I would hope it would be based on concept, but it was fine. Never played the games, so don't care about any of that. Movie itself is very cliche, but I was entertained enough. I do wish it was scarier. Too kid friendly IMO

Wasn't scary, just decent. Story was kind of meh compared to the game lore, and honestly I don't really see how they can get a sequel that would be any better out of this.

Still a huge hit and definitely launching a franchise, but WOW that 76% drop is INSANE. Definitely think this is where the day-and-date kills them. The hype was enough to create a huge opening weekend, but with it already streaming, there's gonna be minimal repeat business, and WOM wasn't good enough to expand traction outside the core fanbase.

Plus Halloween is over and people have moved on.

Never played any of the games only had a basic idea of the concept so I went in blind and watched it and I have to say I liked it a lot I have to give mad props to FX team for both the suits and the puppets (done by Henson's Creature Shop).

Going to be a hell of a job getting the Mangle animatronic to actually work given the design, but I'm looking forward to see it.

This is the greatest contribution from this franchise:

1714418917706.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"