Florida's stand your ground defense used to shoot SUV full of loud teens

The thing I don't understand is, why did Dunn take the parking spot next to the car playing loud music that he didn't like? Wouldn't it make more sense to park somewhere else if he hated the music so much?

Also, one of the teens in the car said it seemed like Dunn and his girlfriend were in a bad mood when they arrived. It's funny that Dunn said that he and his gf were in a great mood. I dont know about you, but if I were talking to the police about a shooting that I took part in, I'd just be giving the bare facts, not talking about my mood.

well the guy does kind of look like grumpy cat. maybe they thought that he, personally, looked to not be in a good mood.

The Zimmerman case had some uncertainties, but this sounds like it was just plain murder. Unless they can prove insanity, Dunn should get the death penalty.

This law needs to go.

The Zimmerman case had some uncertainties, but this sounds like it was just plain murder. Unless they can prove insanity, Dunn should get the death penalty.

This law needs to go.

You took the words exactly out of my mouth. While Zimmerman is a total *****ebag, the jury had no choice but to let him go free. There was just too much uncertainty.

This guy though, the few jurors who bought his ridiculous self-defense argument deserve to get the stupid beaten out of them.

is there no video of what happened? Don't fast stations usually have cameras on the parking lot?

It failed. Guilty.

Jacksonville, Florida (CNN) -- Jurors found Michael Dunn guilty of first-degree murder Wednesday in the 2012 shooting death 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

Dunn's parents were in the courtroom for the verdict. Davis' parents, Ron Davis and Lucia MacBath, both let out a quiet gasp upon hearing the jury forewoman's words and then hung their heads and cried. Dunn did not appear to have an immediate reaction, but later, he turned around and somberly shook his head toward his father.

Duval County Judge Russell Healey set a tentative sentencing hearing for October 17 but said he would wait until Tuesday to ensure the date worked for Dunn's defense attorneys.

"This has been going on for two years, and everyone has acted graciously. I ask that you continue to do that," Healey said before the verdict was read. "Remember, we must respect the verdict of the jury. They did not volunteer to do this."

Dunn, 47, was charged with murder after shooting into an SUV full of teenagers at a Jacksonville, Florida, gas station following a squabble over the music emanating from the teens' vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"