Food Fight makes news.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
Seriously? Over a Food Fight? Wow....news must suck hard today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30751765/?GT1=43001

As a broader punishment, the school may cancel the prom. A decision on that isn’t expected until next week."Oh, God. That's a joke to me,” said Izzard.
"Canceling prom. That would be a joke,” said Watson.
It’s the price they may have to pay for their legendary lunch.
"You only hear about food fights and you never actually see one, and this one was pretty epic,” said Popham.
Nobody was hurt.

I'm so sick of this pc kids can't do anything wrong otherwise everyone has to freak out society we live in now. Almost all of my pranks I did when I was in school I couuld probably be arrested or expelled for now. Whatever happened to just letting kids be kids

i killed a man for my senior prank. nobody really got it. because nobody ever found out. :cmad:

"And I said ‘food fight’ and I acted like I threw something and then it just got silent. Everyone looked over and then, like 10 seconds later ..."

:lmao: The fact that there was an awkward 10 second pause just kills me. It's like when you climb to the top of a rollercoaster, you expect it to drop, then it only drops by about 5 feet, goes straight forward, and then dives when you don't expect it. You just know there was some kid thinking "Ha! Nobody's throwing anyth-- SANDWICH IN MY FACE!"

Why not just force the kids to stay after to clean up the mess. Why make that big of a deal out of it. Depriving them of education isn't going to server any purpose. They were just having fun for gods sake!

Why not just force the kids to stay after to clean up the mess. Why make that big of a deal out of it. Depriving them of education isn't going to server any purpose. They were just having fun for gods sake!

I'm guessing that forcing kids to clean up a school is way illegal. And is "prom" education now?:huh:

You know those electric carts you see in wal-mart? I played around with them so that the batteries drained pretty quick and pushed a shelf over on some of the stranded elderly.

I wasn't expelled.

"You only hear about food fights and you never actually see one, and this one was pretty epic,” said Popham.

Yup. That's true. In all my years at school there was only ONE food fight and that was in 8th grade. It was epic indeed. And the punishment was nothing. We just had to eat in silence for a week. So, yea, school's are getting stricter and more ridiculous.

I remember when I was in High School the Senior Trip to Toronto was almost canceled because of a food fight in the cafeteria during the Senior Breakfast. I had a clutch of preppy girls try to convince me I got nailed in the head by a doughnut, which I did not. I think I would have known if I got nailed in the head.

Instances like this can move into much more VERY QUICKLY. This isn't kids just having fun.....they are lucky this did not turn into an all out brawl, with people being hurt and school property being destroyed (which is a federal offense, BTW). How about kids just enjoying their time together at lunch, and then going back to classes to get an education?

When I was in high school we went out to the field next to our HS, they had barrels of wet dog food, ketchup, mustard, all kinds of crap with slip and slides set up....and we had a free for all, and had a blast. It was an organized food fight and we had a great time, we didn't need to do something stupid in the lunchroom. The fire department was there and they turned the hoses (lightly spraying) on us, it was great.

Last edited:
Impromptu food fights in the cafeteria had always occurred when I was in school. Maybe it's a sign of the times that these things disintegrate into real violence like you say, but on record the food fights when I was in school happened when friends at a table got bored and decided to chuck coleslaw at each other, not start a fight.

Expelled for a food fight? Wow, talk about overreacting.

Impromptu food fights in the cafeteria had always occurred when I was in school. Maybe it's a sign of the times that these things disintegrate into real violence like you say, but on record the food fights when I was in school happened when friends at a table got bored and decided to chuck coleslaw at each other, not start a fight.

I don't know how old you are, but I've been teaching for 18 years....times have changed.

Instances like this can move into much more VERY QUICKLY. This isn't kids just having fun.....they are lucky this did not turn into an all out brawl, with people being hurt and school property being destroyed (which is a federal offense, BTW). How about kids just enjoying their time together at lunch, and then going back to classes to get an education?

When I was in high school we went out to the field next to our HS, they had barrels of wet dog food, ketchup, mustard, all kinds of crap with slip and slides set up....and we had a free for all, and had a blast. It was an organized food fight and we had a great time, we didn't need to do something stupid in the lunchroom. The fire department was there and they turned the hoses (lightly spraying) on us, it was great.

:yay: did anyone dive in front of anybody to take a hit for them? What did the wet dog food feel like?

:yay: did anyone dive in front of anybody to take a hit for them? What did the wet dog food feel like?

That was some nasty stuff....lmao. But it was great on the slip and slide.....We had water balloons going as well, so yeah we had some hefty bombs dropping as well.

We also let the firefighters slowly up the pressure, and holy crap.....that water HURT LIKE HELL....:oldrazz:

That was some nasty stuff....lmao. But it was great on the slip and slide.....We had water balloons going as well, so yeah we had some hefty bombs dropping as well.

We also let the firefighters slowly up the pressure, and holy crap.....that water HURT LIKE HELL....:oldrazz:

A thought just occured to me. A food fight at the Playboy Mansion would end badly. Too many *pops*, if you get my drift.

I wish my school would have let us do something like this. Only thing close was one year in weight lifting and we got to play football on the baseball outfield on the last day.

Yup. That's true. In all my years at school there was only ONE food fight and that was in 8th grade. It was epic indeed. And the punishment was nothing. We just had to eat in silence for a week. So, yea, school's are getting stricter and more ridiculous.
My middle school thought it'd be a hoot if they had us read through half of our lunch period in complete silence, and this wasn't even a punishment. I'm surprised no blood was spilled. :cmad:

A thought just occured to me. A food fight at the Playboy Mansion would end badly. Too many *pops*, if you get my drift.

I wish my school would have let us do something like this. Only thing close was one year in weight lifting and we got to play football on the baseball outfield on the last day.

At my school, we had senior week.......we didn't go to school, we did our finals the week before if you had the grades and attendance, if not you stayed in school to make up work, attendance time etc...., they had stuff for us to do each day the last week of school.

Monday -- Senior Breakfast and Swim day at the local YMCA...
Tuesday -- We had the local country club at our disposal for the day. Play golf, tennis, swim, sit around in the sun, etc. and lunch.
Wednesday -- Six Flags opened up for the day to graduating seniors in my area.
Thursday -- Was Senior Olympics which was when the food fight was, which was the finale of the olympics.
Friday -- Morning was graduation rehearsal and graduation that night.

At my school, we had senior week.......we didn't go to school, we did our finals the week before if you had the grades and attendance, if not you stayed in school to make up work, attendance time etc...., they had stuff for us to do each day the last week of school.

Monday -- Senior Breakfast and Swim day at the local YMCA...
Tuesday -- We had the local country club at our disposal for the day. Play golf, tennis, swim, sit around in the sun, etc. and lunch.
Wednesday -- Six Flags opened up for the day to graduating seniors in my area.
Thursday -- Was Senior Olympics which was when the food fight was, which was the finale of the olympics.
Friday -- Morning was graduation rehearsal and graduation that night.

Sounds awesome. Well, sounded. The only thing we did was the last thing. The practice for the boring thing.

I just came to a scary realization. I don't remember my Senior Trip. I only graduated in 2002. I remember the Senior Breakfast. I remember sleeping in on Senior Cut Day, and hearing that only 50 of 900 seniors showed up. I remember paying $100 for Grad Night, only for it to be cancelled, and I had to stop by the school during the summer to get a reimbursement check. I remember my prom, and going only slightly more nuts on the dance floor than I did the buffet.

But my Senior Trip? Complete blank. I remember water pistol fights on the bus, but I don't remember where we went or what we did. I remember shopping for water guns at the 99 Cent Store a week before. Did we go to a water park? Or am I thinking of my 8th Grade trip? Did they send us to water parks both times, and my memories are just meshing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"