For those who have seen the movie, did you "almost" cry? (SPOILERS)

db85usa

HeHe!
Reaction score
It is no secret that the star of the film (Henry Cavill) was emotional after he saw "Man of Steel" and Superman was my favorite growing up as a kid so, I'm not afraid to admit my emotional connection with the character. Anybody else get emotional during any situations throughout the movie? Show of hands?

Here are some moments where I got a little choked up or lost it completely:

- When Lara/Jor-El see newborn Kal for the first time and have to let him go.

- Any flashback with Pa Kent.

- Clark being bullied in the bar and taking it like a MAN.

- The first look at Superman/first Flight.

- Superman smiling while flying.

- Jonathan's death.

- The destruction in Metropolis when Jenny is buried in the rubble.

- All the glorious action!

- Zod's argument/conversation with the "ghost" of Jor-El. Look closely at Zod -- You can really see it in his eyes that he is only doing what is programmed to do but it IS killing him inside.

- Superman/Zod battle and the climax with heat vision and that poor family.

- Superman's ultimate sacrifice to do what is necessary bigger than any choice Batman ever made in Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and that is my humble opinion of course.

- Hans Zimmer's music! Epic, fit the movie perfectly!

And finally the one scene/shot that got me was the ending. No, not the very end but the emotional one where we see young Clark in the red cape, outside with Ma/Pa Kent. That to me epitomized my childhood because I too wore a red cape and did that pose. Best part in the film for me.

The complaints that there isn't enough emotion is baffling to say the least. I suppose it can be hard when you're either critiquing the prior scene in your mind or you can't see past all the amazing action sequences. What are your guys' thoughts? Any particular shot/scene that almost did it for you or got you completely? Discuss here!

The Pa Kent tornado scene. Only one that had me at the brink of tears. That's not to say a lot of the other scenes weren't emotional, because they were, but it usually takes a lot to make me even get close to crying.

The Pa Kent tornado scene. Only one that had me at the brink of tears. That's not to say a lot of the other scenes weren't emotional, because they were, but it usually takes a lot to make me even get close to crying.

Yeah, right when Pa Kent put his hand up to Clark it was just the body language of a father telling him "don't, it's okay... " yeah, that scene was intense especially when Clark screams DAAAD!!!

I guess the film hit me more because I felt a little bit more connected to the way Clark/Kal/Superman was characteristically presented in Snyders' vision.

Yeah, definitely Jonathan's death.

I was either angry or indifferent at the parts where a cry would otherwise be in order, I guess. The movie didn't really manage to move me in a good way at any point.

I was utterly shocked that I didn't get that form of emotion (tears) I may have had a tiny sniffle when Lara couldn't seem to let go of Kal and the "we won't see him to take his first steps" line, but the others I felt the emotion of Supes, but not in a teary eyes way, more of a felt sorry type of deal.

When you think about it, it's sad that Clarks last conversation with Pa was "..you're not my father, you're just some guy who found me in a field." That was heavy and you saw Clarks regret immediately.. "Dad..look" before the tornado.

Cavill's expression and the way his lips quivered was damn, DAMN good.

I cried 6 times. Very emotional/heart felt movie in the right places.

*Pa Kent putting his hand up & Clark screaming "Daaaaaadddd" almost formed a small amount of waterworks.

*Lara-El saying "Now that I've seen him. I just can't do it" Actually that whole segment of them saying goodbye while putting Clark in the ship.

*Lara-El's death

*The end with Jonathan watching Clark run around in the cape with the dog

I knew going in that I would get a little misty eyed. And based on trailers and such, I thought i knew which scenes and moments would bring a tear to my eye.

But I found myself getting misty eyed over during some scenes I wasnt expecting. For instance,

I knew i might cry during scenes with Pa Kent and young Clark, but I didnt. However, the scene where Diane Lane's Martha Kent showed up at school and the whole dialog about the world being too big and the, "Then make it small... Pretend your on an island. Focus on my voice..."; the hug she gives Clark, the tears.... Not only did i have to discretely wipe the tears away during this scene, I have to wipe them away now as I sit here writing about it.

I knew going in that I would get a little misty eyed. And based on trailers and such, I thought i knew which scenes and moments would bring a tear to my eye.

But I found myself getting misty eyed over during some scenes I wasnt expecting. For instance,

I knew i might cry during scenes with Pa Kent and young Clark, but I didnt. However, the scene where Diane Lane's Martha Kent showed up at school and the whole dialog about the world being too big and the, "Then make it small... Pretend your on an island. Focus on my voice..."; the hug she gives Clark, the tears.... Not only did i have to discretely wipe the tears away during this scene, I have to wipe them away now as I sit here writing about it.

Yes. This scene was powerful. Diane Lane was everything she was supposed to be and brought a different side of a nurturing mother-figure. Sassy as well. "Go to hell.."

Her performance is highly underrated.

When you think about it, it's sad that Clarks last conversation with Pa was "..you're not my father, you're just some guy who found me in a field." That was heavy and you saw Clarks regret immediately.. "Dad..look" before the tornado.

Cavill's expression and the way his lips quivered was damn, DAMN good.

That last part, I remember that. You can definitely tell Clark's expression was full of regret. Not exactly the last thing you want to say to your father. Guess that's why some say never take life for granted. Never know when it's the last time you see or hear from someone.

In Clark's case, it was pretty tragic I must say.

Yes. This scene was powerful. Diane Lane was everything she was supposed to be and brought a different side of a nurturing mother-figure. Sassy as well. "Go to hell.."

Her performance is highly underrated.

I agree with this and I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting Diane Lane's role to be as good as it was with what little amount of screen time she had -- she definitely made it worthwhile in every scene she was in!

I am a spoiler fanatic, love them, love to know. But I've got to confess, for the first time ever, I feel the trailers did indeed give away too much in terms of the best lines/exchanges of dialogue in the film. It felt like every great moment had been shown. Which is normally fine but... it left me less emotional when they happened as a result. And I'm not that kind of person; I love spoilers and knowing and never think trailers give away too much. So for me to say it now... it's pretty unique.

I think the "you are my son" moment would have gotten a choke-up from me for sure if it had been kept from us.

I am a spoiler fanatic, love them, love to know. But I've got to confess, for the first time ever, I feel the trailers did indeed give away too much in terms of the best lines/exchanges of dialogue in the film. It felt like every great moment had been shown. Which is normally fine but... it left me less emotional when they happened as a result. And I'm not that kind of person; I love spoilers and knowing and never think trailers give away too much. So for me to say it now... it's pretty unique.

I think the "you are my son" moment would have gotten a choke-up from me for sure if it had been kept from us.

Yep, Costner's delivery with that was great. He really stole the show when he was onscreen.

When the soldiers were pointing their weapons at Superman and then one by one they lowered their guns as they start realizing that Clark is not the enemy.......then Col Hardy comes in and says just that.

Nearly got very emotional when Lara and Jor-El where giving their last words to Clark and when Martha was trying to help young Clark in school.

Pa Kent's Death
Superman regretting killing Zod.
Jor-El and Lara-El saying goodbye and sending Kal-El away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"