What was the Most Emotional/Heartfelt Moment in "Man of Steel"

I thought Cavill's reaction when his character kills Zod was beautifully done... you never saw Superman convey that sense of remorse in a film before.
indeed.

Seeing as how this is the thread about emotional moments, I just want to say that young Clark in the cape did nothing for me. It just seemed odd and made me think why is young superman running around in a cape before he is superman before there is even a superman. And also Martha says something about Jonathan knowing how Clark would end up then They show that scene, so Jonathan knew his son would be flying around in a red cape?
Sorry but perhaps something went over my head or I'm not looking deep enough beneath the surface.

Seeing as how this is the thread about emotional moments, I just want to say that young Clark in the cape did nothing for me. It just seemed odd and made me think why is young superman running around in a cape before he is superman before there is even a superman. And also Martha says something about Jonathan knowing how Clark would end up then They show that scene, so Jonathan knew his son would be flying around in a red cape?
Sorry but perhaps something went over my head or I'm not looking deep enough beneath the surface.

It's mostly due to Pa Kent, even though he knows Clark is going to become something greater in that scene, he never got the chance to see Clark fulfill his destiny in spite of his paranoia.

IIRC in an interview with Diane Lane, she said something about how both Kents have this naive outlook that although Clark is an alien, and blessed with superpowers, the Kents realize that this is an opportunity for him to be something that society needs. Or something of the sort.

Clark wasn't playing Superman, as we'd assume given the cape and pose, but rather innocently 'swashbuckler' a la Zorro/Robin Hood etc.

But it meant much more to Ma and Pa.

Why are people so hung up on Clark wearing a cape as a child saying it makes no sense etc etc capes have been worn for centuries by people and there were people who wore capes like Zorro etc aswell. Not to mention he was on Krypton as a small child and for all we know Kryptonian memory may be better than humans. Also it has happened in our world where people subliminy remember stuff from been a small baby. I don't think him wearing a cape as a child is an issue.

Clark wasn't playing Superman, as we'd assume given the cape and pose, but rather innocently 'swashbuckler' a la Zorro/Robin Hood etc.

But it meant much more to Ma and Pa.
i think the kid Clark is playing spartan!!! :D

which worry pa kent... :D

Jor-El and Lara sending off their child. Perhaps I noticed the scene more because I read that Crowe took the part for that scene, as he has had to leave his kids so many times for work.

It should have been Jonathan dying though, but I can't get over Clark allowing his father to die, nor that the scene gets cheesy when the storm is strong enough to lift up cars in the air just meters behind Jonathan who can still stand calmly and look at his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"